• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

clarky

Gold Member
Been on this all week. Really seen myself get better the more I play. Absolutely loving it. Hit Platinum 4

That said things that i think could be improved:

Playlists, this needs to be updated weekly as its bare bones right now, id like to see a permanent team slayer play list along with swat. I'm sure returning players are asking why these are not in right now. A bit of communication from 343 as to why its like this and what the plan is going forward would go a long way.

Collision need to be turned on pronto, if not why not? or its a technical reason please let us know.

That one flag game type on Launch site(?) needs to go its the only one i actively avoid.

Whilst good on paper the way the heavy vehicles spawn in on BTB doesn't work, maybe have a chance at spawning tanks randomly at midway points during the match. I've yet to even see tank in 15+ games.

Not sure How the ranking system works, wins seem to be worth more than a loss? Sure it wasn't like this in Halo 5.

Other than those minor gripes, i can see this being my go to game for a long while.

OverHeat

« generous god »
4C8p2YS.jpg

Droxcy

Diamond 6 right now 3 friends in Onyx rank is beyond fun BR is all you need in this game. Need more maps already but game feels solid nades to be looked at seems like there's a +10 buff on enemies nade vs our teams lol.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Some people from GAF and I are thinking of having a 4v4 private game later today at around 7pm est. If anyone is interested in joining, let me know.
I'd be down to team up with some Gaffers but I work nights and don't usually get on until about 1am EST.
Probably a better schedule to play with the west coast crowd I guess.

Naked Lunch

Infinite brought back Team Fortress era Rocket Jumping with the repulsor equipment. And it works perfectly playing with a controller. So awesome.

For example, on Behemoth CTF you can Rocket Jump from the ground level sand up to the Flag. Countless other uses too im still discovering. I didnt think we'de see Rocket Jumping in mp games again.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Is this game horribly optimized or what's going on? Can barely run this above 60 fps on low@1440p with a 2070.

Mars2003

Neo Member
I've only put in 5hrs or so on my One X and performance mode is mandatory there. Quality mode is a painful jerkathon.
Luckily I have a Series X ready to go, but it's for the whole family and will need to wait until Christmas morning.
Performance mode on the One X is buttery smooth.

twilo99

I still don't understand how they are able to run the game at a stable 120fps on xsx where my 6800xt struggles all over the place. I know the x runs it with DRS in the 1080p-1440p range, but is that all there is to it?

GHG

Man this game mode.
Wouldn't having 2 balls in Oddball solves all the problem. such violence.

That wouldn't work tbh because once one team has the lead it wouldn't make sense for them to do anything but defend their carrier until the timer runs out.

Last edited:

SCB3

So playing the new CoD, and the TTK between the 2 games is unreal, but I like the progression in CoD, it never feels like I'm wasting my time after a match and I have so many XP boosts that I can waste them and be fine and there is so much to unlock from just playing

Thats the kinda progression I want from Halo Infinite, reward me with my time doing anything, 500 Kills with a DMR, give me a gold skin, that little chase is always fun

Flintty

Some people from GAF and I are thinking of having a 4v4 private game later today at around 7pm est. If anyone is interested in joining, let me know.
Not sure what time zone you’re in so I probably missed you but definitely up for some GAF custom games when there’s a session going.

SteadyEvo

Fuck I suck at multiplayer. Everybody feels like bullet sponges and I die instantly.
I can somewhat relate. I do better in ranked with the battle rifle. With the assault rifle I find peppering enemies better than emptying the clip. Helps with accuracy. Also try bunny hopping during exchanges. Makes a night and day difference for me.

SteadyEvo

So is there no way to mute people mid-game in the scoreboard?
I was gonna ask the opposite. How to unmute everyone cause they’re muted by default. Haven’t heard anyone speak after hours of gameplay.

I’ll admit the lack of maps sucks but most are really good except Behemoth.

sainraja

I've been playing it on and off and I think I am going to stick with Destiny 2 for multiplayer. Not getting used to the Halo way of doing FPS gameplay. Oddball is still my favorite mode to play in the game so I'll continue to play it when looking for something different.

I can't seem to get acquainted with the aiming. It feels weird. The aim accelerates when I don't want it to and it's too slow when I don't want it to.
Im not sure I know how aim acceleration works. Though I always max it out. I don't want the game to try and adjust how quickly I'm aiming. I max the acceleration so I'm not dealing with any kind of delay, and then use the vertical and horizontal aim speeds to adjust how quickly I can move the reticule. I'm not sure if that is exactly how it works but that's how I've thought it in my head lol.

Andodalf

Banned
So… we are all in agreement that most of the guns feel kind of useless?

I mean, the BR, pistol and AR seem to be all you need in most situations. The rocket launcher is of course as great as ever, the needler can be pretty useful in close-mid range, the sniper is still beast as long as you have a good shot… but other than that?

-The pulse carbine is hit and miss for me,

-the VK78 feels underpowered and a little unwieldy,

-the shock rifle is only useful if there are multiple enemies around,

-the mangler feels underpowered,

-the plasma pistol is only good for vehicles (the tracking SUCKS on it now),

-the disruptor is pure garbage,

-the bulldog feels underpowered (although I agree with this one, bc shotgun could be OP sometimes),

-the heatwave isn’t bad but again it’s just doesn’t take down enemies as fast as a BR or AR so why bother,

-sentinel beam is laughably bad (seriously that recoil is hilarious, so unwieldy and useless),

-the stalker rifle is pretty great but still takes 3 or 4 shots (usually 4 unless you are extremely accurate) so again might as well use a BR,

-the skewer is good but it’s one shot so if you miss and they see you you’re fucked (again, I’ll take my chances with the BR if it’s a shoot out),

-cinder shot is cool but weird and again only useful if there are multiple enemies,

-the ravager is one of the worst guns I’ve used in a halo game hands down no contest (that thing is utterly useless),

-the hydras lock on is janky and weird and the rockets alone just aren’t that powerful.

i dunno, it’s good and bad. The good thing is people love the BR and it’s extremely useful in any situation, but the bad thing is it feels like every other weapon has taken a back seat to it and I just feel much less compelled to go after those power weapons if I already have a BR (which is every ranked game so…).

I think a lot of the usefulness of these new weapons will be seen in campaign and other MP variants we haven’t seen yet (not to mention custom games shenanigans) but overall a think the could still do a tiny bit of tweaking to make some of those guns more useful in regular games of arena slayer and whatnot

Maybe im wrong I’m not a games dev, just my .02
The AR needs to be tuned down and then everything else is fine. BR is supposed to be good that’s why you don’t spawn with it. Pistol is not that great because of its small clip.

I’d way rather see AR nerfed than everything else buffed.

Batiman

Banned
I have to say huge step up in maps compared to guardians. Aesthetic and design wise. My biggest problem with 343 halos

Aiming is fine for me besides using the commando. Can’t use that gun for shit.

Also, is mirage from apex one of the Spartan voices? Had to be….

Last edited:

Banned
The AR needs to be tuned down and then everything else is fine. BR is supposed to be good that’s why you don’t spawn with it. Pistol is not that great because of its small clip.

I’d way rather see AR nerfed than everything else buffed.

the AR is way too powerful yeah. damage falloff at a distance would be the way to go IMO

im really hooked on this one. could really use some more 4v4 maps though.

and agree on the commando. i really like it but it just seems either too weak or too hard to handle to ever use it over a BR

Relique

Does anyone have any links or recommendations for PC settings? I am playing at 1440p and anything above medium setting feels pretty choppy on my 3070. I am also not sure if freesync is working since enabling vsync caps my framerate to 55 for some reason. I am not sure if this is a bug.

On Medium it feels good but I would like more optimal settings if possible.

MrFunSocks

Banned
The more I play this the more I love it. Haven't been this hooked on a game since PUBG.

Just finished my ranked placement and got platinum 1. They really need a better solution for players quitting ranked matches. The second your teammate quits in capture the flag or oddball within the first few minutes you’ve basically lost the match. Would’ve gone probably 10/10 in the placements if not for idiots quitting as soon as they die a few times with no kills.

This game is just unreal. BR start ranked is great fun.

Got my nerf assault rifle skin and charm now and I honestly don’t think I’ll ever change from that, it’s so cool.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I hate to say it, but I don't think this is any better than halo 4 or 5. Tiny radar, alot of useless weapons, no maps that will be remembered among the classics.

While I think the core shooting is far better, I have to agree with you. It also has less than half the content that those games had at launch.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Whether you're new to Halo or a returning veteran, there's plenty to learn in Halo Infinite's Multiplayer.

00:00 - Intro
00:35 - Enroll In The Academy
01:48 - Keep An Eye Out For Weapon Racks
02:41 - Use The Right Grenade For The Job
04:13 - Seek Out And Use Equipment
05:39 - Rely On Your AI Scanner
06:21 - Ping To Help Your Team
06:58 - Vehicles Will Help You Dominate
08:03 - Use Lightning Guns To Take Down Vehicles
09:20 - Grapple Everything
10:19 - Stay Off The Radar
11:32 - Stronghold Strategies
12:50 - Start Capturing A Zone To Stop Opponents From Scoring
14:05 - Mute In-Game Chat In The Settings Menu

Last edited:
Did something happen with skill based matchmaking? I'm suddenly going 4:1 kills to death in social gametypes, and I'm not that great at the game. Anyone else seeing that?

Maybe I just had too much redbull..

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
They really need a better solution for players quitting ranked matches. The second your teammate quits in capture the flag or oddball within the first few minutes you’ve basically lost the match. Would’ve gone probably 10/10 in the placements if not for idiots quitting as soon as they die a few times with no kills.

I've been thinking about this for years and I don't know if there's a solution for this.

Halo 5 introduced harsh penalties - it didn't take many quits before you were banned. But it didn't stop people from leaving.

It's an industry wide problem and no one has quite figured out how to do it yet.

Maybe do it Rainbow Six Siege style, where you need to grind for a good few days to even qualify for Ranked? Since this game is free to play now, banning people has no value - they'll just go create a new account. When R6 raised the level cap to 50 it kind of helped a bit. The idea of having to grind for roughly 3-5 days on a new account to be able to play again was too much for people to handle so they generally towed the line.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Man this game is great and I'm surprisingly having fun playing with a controller on PC.

Question 1: Do people have some kind of aim assist with controllers on consoles and if yes is it automatically turned on on PC when you play with the controller?

Question 2: If I play the game on Series X, will my progress on PC be transfer to console?

Thanks

Top Bottom