• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite |OT| Campaign. Evolved.

Topher

Gold Member
Is anyone playing Halo Infinite on Xbox with keyboard and mouse? How well does it work? I've found KB&M to be hit and miss for console games that support it.

Kev Kev

Campaign unlocks midnight, right ? From day 7 to day 8, i mean.
in my experience, those kind of things never unlock on time. or youre in the wrong timezone, or everyone tries to download/play at one time and the servers crash, etc. i just download it the next morning, and play when i get off work that night.

but yeah id imagine its around midnight, probably PST

RPS37

I just had a fantastic idea.
What if the DLC is campaign co op?

Also for everyone asking: a quick Google.
Halo: Infinite release times
The Halo: Infinite campaign releases globally on December 8 at 10 am PST / 6 pm GMT / 7 pm CET.

Last edited:
I just had a fantastic idea.
What if the DLC is campaign co op?

Also for everyone asking: a quick Google.
Halo: Infinite release times
The Halo: Infinite campaign releases globally on December 8 at 10 am PST / 6 pm GMT / 7 pm CET.
How does this work for physical releases? I’ve never seen a store hold a product until a few hours after they open.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I think I'm going to visit few stores in my local shopping mall with a hope that some idiot put the game on the shelve one day early.

-Amon-

Is it already known how many gigs the single player portion of the game is going to take on PC ?

Last edited:

Kev Kev

https://yourcountdown.to/halo-infinite

the countdown is on baby LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

pqimCzD.png

I think I'm going to visit few stores in my local shopping mall with a hope that some idiot put the game on the shelve one day early.
I was thinking of going to Best Buy night of the 7th before they close to get a copy like a normal release but I’ve heard that 343 locks the campaign until a patch? So even if you got it, it might not even be playable until the next day? This whole thing is so weird.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Is anyone playing Halo Infinite on Xbox with keyboard and mouse? How well does it work? I've found KB&M to be hit and miss for console games that support it.
I've been switching back and forth. I was really enjoying mouse and keyboard until I learned how much aim-assist is being handed to controller-players. Made playing multiplayer with a mouse and keyboard a handicap.

That said, I find a mouse and keyboard much more immersive, so I am thinking I'll use that set-up for campaign.

Naked Lunch

Its Halo Eve.
Those dont come around very often. Halo 5's launch seemed like a lifetime ago.

Ive been gaming a long, long time - and the Halo series is one of the tiny few gaming franchises I still get excited for.
Finally, the wait is over.

RAIDEN1

Can anyone tell me when is the Campaign ready for a download even though it doesn't release till tomorrow...yeah I know it is available for PC users but what about the consoles?

ElRenoRaven

Can anyone tell me when is the Campaign ready for a download even though it doesn't release till tomorrow...yeah I know it is available for PC users but what about the consoles?
Not until launch time tomorrow they've said. Apparently since it's DLC they can't do a preload they've said.

RAIDEN1

Not until launch time tomorrow they've said. Apparently since it's DLC they can't do a preload they've said.
Over the years you get so used to buying a physical copy of Halo, this will be the first time I am not purchasing it but getting the digital download version (*getting I mean going through it via Gamepass..)

Haven't been this excited for a Halo release since Halo 3. What an event Halo 3's launch was. Good memories. Gonna try and keep my daughter an hour past her normal nap time so I can play interrupted for at least 2 hours or so tomorrow.

Last edited:
Its Halo Eve.
Those dont come around very often. Halo 5's launch seemed like a lifetime ago.

Ive been gaming a long, long time - and the Halo series is one of the tiny few gaming franchises I still get excited for.
Finally, the wait is over.

I’ve never been totally into Halo, I still remember getting it day one with the original console, I unboxed it, hooked it up, I played through the start of it on the ship said ’meh‘ and handed it off to my cousin who was staying over for the next day, while I started playing the Team Fortress Classic mod for Half-life on my PC, and switching to Unreal Tournament a little later.

The dude finished the game on normal, then just went right back over it on legendary…I still remember him swearing away at 3am against the flood, while I was getting my muh-muh-muh-monster kills in Unreal Tournament. But while I didn’t really play it that day, looking at him play it, it hit me that it’s the first time they actually had a proper arena type shooter on console (since that’s all he played on), and it didn’t take a genius or a weird setup to control…and it just seemed destined to be iconic.

Playing it after my cousin left, I actually liked it (just not as passionately), it’s pretty much the first FPS I saw where the allied NPCs weren’t just scripted deaths and animations, and that did actually impress the hell out of me (despite them being really really dumb but that’s part of the fun similar to GTA 3).

Last edited:
I've been switching back and forth. I was really enjoying mouse and keyboard until I learned how much aim-assist is being handed to controller-players. Made playing multiplayer with a mouse and keyboard a handicap.

That said, I find a mouse and keyboard much more immersive, so I am thinking I'll use that set-up for campaign.
Bullshit.

11am MT for me, but I have a lunch meeting and it's my father-in-law's birthday so busy at night too :messenger_neutral: Looking forward to reading early impressions though. I can't see retail holding back on selling will they? I'm definitely digital, but surely some stores are already selling the physical version somewhere in the world?

This is my first ever Halo launch - I didn't touch it until MCC, and I was even late getting to that, so Halo 5 had already launched by the time I played it.

NeoGIF

Here I am wondering why I cannot access the campaign. I had no idea that we had to wait until mid day to play it. 😆

So, let me get this straight. This game is launching at the exact same moment all around the world and everyone will be downloading the game at that moment. Is this a demonstration of MS Azure capabilities or something? Good luck MS server network.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I never gonna understand the idiocy of releasing your game at 7pm and not at the beginning of the day.

In italy today is a festivity, i'm at home all day but i can't play the fucking game because the unlock time is idiotic.
It is a festivity? The 8th of December? Man, I have been away for long enough to forget the random holidays like this :D. Immacolata of course, go separation of church and state gooo! ;).

Last edited:
Top Bottom