• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite |OT| Campaign. Evolved.

GymWolf

This not launching at midnight (like every other release I can think of) is beyond stupid.
Nah unfortunately there are other publishers who do this shit, more than you can imagine, at least on pc.
(but they usually unlock at 6 pm not 7pm)

Last edited:

Kev Kev

This not launching at midnight (like every other release I can think of) is beyond stupid.
i actually kind of agree with this

the only reason i can think is that they wanted to release it when their would be the least amount of people waiting to download and play it. think about it... its a wednesday in the middle of the work week, its being released in the middle of the day when most people are still at work, and most still havent got off for xmas vacation yet yet so that helps too.

reason for doing that? to make sure the servers arent too stressed, or in case they have issues, it wont be everyone and their mother that experiences them (just us nerds who took the day off to play video games 🤓)

i dunno know, thats just a guess and im not even that confident about it. but either way, yeah i agree, not releasing at midnight is a weird move

Last edited:

Kev Kev

9bc08ba24b388915d9063fdd10c1ef18.jpg

Connxtion

the only reason i can think is that they wanted to release it when their would be the least amount of people waiting to download and play it. think about it... its a wednesday in the middle of the work week, its being released in the middle of the day when most people are still at work, and most still havent got off for xmas vacation yet yet so that helps too.

reason for doing that? to make sure the servers arent too stressed, or in case they have issues, it wont be everyone and their mother that experiences them (just us nerds who took the day off to play video games 🤓)

i dunno know, thats just a guess and im not even that confident about it. but either way, yeah i agree, not releasing at midnight is a weird move

I think it’s to stop story spoilers. If it’s released at the same time across the world then everyone has a chance to play it without it being spoils the next morning. (If released at 00:00 08/12/2021)

But yeah, I wish it was a midnight release instead of waiting till 18:00 😭

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I think it’s to stop story spoilers. If it’s released at the same time across the world then everyone has a chance to play it without it being spoils the next morning. (If released at 00:00 08/12/2021)

But yeah, I wish it was a midnight release instead of waiting till 18:00 😭
oh yeah, that makes sense

almost there bro, hang on we about to save the galaxy!!!

i dunno know, thats just a guess and im not even that confident about it. but either way, yeah i agree, not releasing at midnight is a weird
In UK/Europe it is being released at 7pm or 8pm. Thousands if not millions of people will be trying to download this the moment it becomes available.

MOTM

Banned
this didn't work for me, it says that it finished installing?

Nothing is downloading...
On the app It says installed to my Xbox but when I check my Xbox the file size hasn’t changed. It’s still the same as the multiplayer 🤷🏾‍♂️

Havoc2049

On the app It says installed to my Xbox but when I check my Xbox the file size hasn’t changed. It’s still the same as the multiplayer 🤷🏾‍♂️
I'm in this same loop. It seems like the only way out of the loop at the moment is to buy the game at $60, as that is the only option. BTW, I'm a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber.

Last edited:

MOTM

Banned
I'm in this same loop. It seems like the only way out of the loop at the moment is to buy the game at $60, as that is the only option.
Yeah it’s a bit weird .. wonder if the download will unlock itself or I need to (re)download it for real this time.

If it’s the latter then this is probably going to be the biggest global simultaneous download in internet history lol.

the_master

I can't play or install or nothing. It is the same as yesterday. And I have the disk.

Edit: can you manually update it?

I see. Start in the game, manage, updates. Waiting

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Been trying all morning, not even 5 minutes early, as soon as 1pm hit, xbone update available, please wait 20 min for 2.57GB download as if I haven’t waited enough. Only took 6 minutes, then hit with update #2 from inside game:
MjuHAB1.jpg

good thing I working from home today and didn’t waste a day off to play this

Last edited:

ElRenoRaven

You have to go into manage game and select the campaign to download. Mine on the Series S is 20.89GB for the campaign.

The auto download is just the patch for the client.

Last edited:

Greggy

My Halo Infinite icon has an "updating..." bar at the bottom of it.
I'm getting the feeling that it will take hours. They should have allowed people to preload the game.

Top Bottom