• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite |OT| Campaign. Evolved.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Oh wow from the first real time cutscene, with that pilot. Game is remarkably ugly. Looks like X360 game in 4K. I dig the sharpness, don't get me wrong. But boy....

08.12.2021_19-29-54-lsvkkb.png

It reminds me of Death Space, maybe due to palette or something like that. Skin shading is missing (or it's really paired back). Quality mode and screen is in the png. Straight from the console.

Last edited:

Forsythia

I'm surprised I can download the game with my regular speed. Will be playing in an hour (yes that's fast for me)

Sakura

Close the xbox app, reopen it, go to the page for the halo infinite multiplayer in the PC app and switch the version to the campaign and it should say "Update Available"

I just did it on both of my gaming PCs after it wouldn't work at first.
Was doing that but nothing was showing up.

Ended up restarting my PC, and now it shows up :)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Are you guys downloading language packs? My d/l size is only 21.88gb, English only.

The way this preload was handled has been arse, last couple of days we get the old "preload to play on day 1" and I couldn't see a single place to preload. If I hadn't seen above that there was a 3.97gb patch I'd have given up for now.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Oh wow from the first real time cutscene, with that pilot. Game is remarkably ugly. Looks like X360 game in 4K. I dig the sharpness, don't get me wrong. But boy....
boy i am using a 3090 can't wait to try this out
can't wait to compare this animation to TLOU2 and GoW

TaroYamada

Game just finally started downloading a 4GB update. Had to restart whole computer and it still took a while to tell me it had one available.

MastAndo

Not sure who needs to hear this as you probably already know, but after starting the download, quitting out of the game speeds things up - though that goes for any XSX game, downloads are faster while not in a game.

M1chl

Alright I haven't played the MP, but this gotta be the tightest controls of any console game.

damn/10

Craig be blessed.

Sephimoth

FFS downloaded the 4gb update, settle down to enjoy then it tells me when I load game there's another 20+ gb!!!

Last edited:

M1chl

lol but is it like hivebusters level? because that dlc was pretty sweet imo

agreed fuck that fucking thing
Nah, like you can see in that post you reacted to it, it really feels even animation wise like a x-enhanced X360 game. I am pretty shocked to be honest. But it plays well, really well. Like the input lag :chef-kiss:

Spukc

Nah, like you can see in that post you reacted to it, it really feels even animation wise like a x-enhanced X360 game. I am pretty shocked to be honest. But it plays well, really well. Like the input lag :chef-kiss:
i only played MP for a couple of matches.. it felt good indeed.. like an old UT game..
but you are saying the media is full of shit when talking about gfx?

buenoblue

I deleted the multiplayer, restarted pc redownloaded. Started campaign now have a 20Gb update. Just download the fucking game already. Download going pretty fast though, should be 10 mins Max.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Downloading now on Steam. I should be able to play it in the next hour.

I haven’t been this hyped for Halo in 12 years.

LET’S GO!

12 years of waiting for a true Halo game to come back… 30 more minutes won’t hurt me much. At least my 12 years old Scotch will get extra cold in the freezer.

Tg89

Seems fun so far, very Halo 1 esque intro. Everything is super smooth. My biggest issue seems like it'll be the same as usual, there's only like 3 guns that are satisfying to use in this series.

Spukc

The grunts are hilarious in this, i feel bad killing them lol.
Same it’s like killing pets
Guns sounds and explosions are hot as fuck tho.

the animation is weird.. textures are great.
So far the enviroments are drab as fuck.
they all just kinda look the same 😆
Giant weird halls that serve no real life use

Last edited:
Top Bottom