• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Kimosabae

Banned
DualX said:
These are no different than the choices you make in Gears of War's multiplayer when chainsawing someone. And it's not like you have to do this anyway, if you honestly don't like it then keep doing your normal insta-kill melee's from the back. No one said you had to do these.

Umm, I don't care about Gears. Halo isn't Gears of War. And before you state "That's the point"; just because some element exists in another game doesn't mean it can't exist in Halo to the game's benefit.

I know what my personal options are. My point is that Assassinations could simply be more than just a frivolity.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
chapel said:
Yeah probably.

controlsbungie.jpg

These are the default controls. Now they said that you wont have to press to talk anymore, I wonder if the selection like they have in the above picture, Team or Open mic/regroup, is like a toggle or something. What about night vision?

Night vision. :D

advent29

Neo Member
Najaf said:
Has it been said whether or not there will be a hardcore (no shields, low health) mode?
I'm fairly certain I've seen a screenshot where it said Team Swat in the lower right corner. Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

Wouldn't it be awesome if this weeks update had controller schemes for Default & Bumper Jumper.

GhaleonEB

Najaf said:
Has it been said whether or not there will be a hardcore (no shields, low health) mode?
I sure SWAT is doable, not sure if it's in the Beta. A Slayer Pro has been described with no radar and the DMR, pistol and Sprint as the only loadout.

ManCannon

GhaleonEB said:
I sure SWAT is doable, not sure if it's in the Beta. A Slayer Pro has been described with no radar and the DMR, pistol and Sprint as the only loadout.

So this thread is coming an end? -sniff- But I don't wanna leave!

Definitely seeing some crazy incorrect information in some of these impressions. Urk will have some house cleaning to do later this week.

advent29 said:
Could you tell us what button AA is for Bumper Jumper?

My opinion on what Bumper Jumper should be:

LT - nade
RT - shoot
LB - AA
RB - Jump

Y - swap weapons
B - melee
A - Switch nades
X - Reload

This would feel pretty natural to me as the face buttons are very much the same as Halo 3 bumper jumper in this configuration apart from melee and reload, but the defualt scheme for Halo 2 maps those well.

LB and RB for the AA's and Jumping would allow aiming while jumping or using AA's. Actually RB might be better for jumping, if holding LB is required for using the jetpack.

The perfect mix between Reach, Halo 3 and Halo 2 controls in my opinion :p

Najaf

GhaleonEB said:

Sounds delicious. I love the idea of a twitch match with the DMR.

halo-reach-20100420045441397.jpg

Hot. Looks like it will be in Invasion mode. Now the 40 million dollar question. Is it a power weapon that can be picked up at any time, or a possible 'uber' loadout unlocked in the final, nutcase tier of Invasion?

So this automatic joining to a party, how does it work? If it only applies when both of you are not in a match, I don't see how that helps much. The main problem is one of the two parties is always in a match (from being too impatient to wait an entire match to finish). Doesn't take long to check if you're friend is in a lobby and join them. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Also, curious as to how the credits work. You use them to level up and also to buy permutations, does it remember what the highest total earned was so you keep escalating experience even if you spend the credits for permutations? I'm thinking yes because it wouldn't be very ideal to lose experience opportunity for a different shoulder pad.

Hazimov

After playing the beta I went back and watched the Carnage Carnivale ViDoc.

I dunno if someone has already pointed this out but we're definitely going to play a campaign mission on a covenant's ship :D

besenl.jpg

Top Bottom