• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Well, with controller profiles now being a thing you might as well just custom map your own controls. The default H4/Reclaimer setup works pretty well for me in the beta and I'll probably stick with it but it's nice to have the option to swap it.
Bumper jumper with thruster on a paddle is my set up.

Spasm

Holy crap, join-in-progress is a thing now, at least in BTB?

I just had a game that started 4v8, 4 more joined in under 2 minutes, and we finished 7v8. Long overdue, imo.

Possibly stupid question considering MCC;s history, but any chance that Halo 5 will also slot into the universal UI in the MCC? I know there were vague hints that it might, long ago.

Possibly stupid question considering MCC;s history, but any chance that Halo 5 will also slot into the universal UI in the MCC? I know there were vague hints that it might, long ago.
Would you actually want this?

Personally, I would have preferred it if they kept the original menus and UI for each game. For multiplayer lobbies it makes sense, but I like the way that Bluepoint did it for the Uncharted Collection where it still retained the look of the original menus for each game, which is what I would have wanted for the Campaigns. It's the same issue I had with the Metroid Prime Trilogy. All of this great art, just thrown in the bin.

latest

halo2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Halo-3-ODST-screenshot-halo-34030574-1280-720.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

On second thought, and third, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

Just seconds ago I found a terminal in the MCC's Halo 4, watched it via the instamatic Halo Channel app, resumed back into the game and found myself with no in-game audio. Restarting at the checkpoint didn't help either. Menu item selection noises were still there though. I forgot about this bug, though it hit me the last time I played some Halo 4 in MCC.

So, no, I guess that's not something I want, even now.

Personally, I would have preferred it if they kept the original menus and UI for each game. For multiplayer lobbies it makes sense, but I like the way that Bluepoint did it for the Uncharted Collection where it still retained the look of the original menus for each game, which is what I would have wanted for the Campaigns. It's the same issue I had with the Metroid Prime Trilogy. All of this great art, just thrown in the bin.

I completely agree. Keep finding myself thinking how much I miss that Halo 2 title screen. Used to leave it on all day like a screensaver. :'(

Anyone know if MCC will still be worked on once H5 is out or is it getting abandoned?

Tried to play Halo 4 legendary with 2 friends last night and we couldn't make it through the second level without people getting disconnected. So we decided to try multiplayer and couldn't find any games. It was working perfectly on Sunday when I was just playing by myself.

Is BTB dead? Been searching for ages and no one.

https://youtu.be/635QD9Io-yI?t=88

Assume that is the final menu, I actually really like it.

Akai__

Speaking of menus. They should add Halo 5 to this page: halome.nu (click or press Space to bring up the menu)

Halo Wars is missing, too.

Fuchsdh

Because once Halo 5 isn't the mainline Halo game, I'd rather have it easy to access and play along with the other games. There are several sites that can play the menus like screensavers if you really miss them.

link1201

Tried to play Halo 4 legendary with 2 friends last night and we couldn't make it through the second level without people getting disconnected. So we decided to try multiplayer and couldn't find any games. It was working perfectly on Sunday when I was just playing by myself.
Running solo works for me almost all the time. In a party not so much. In a week I won't care but it'd be nice if they would eventually get around to fixing it.

I have wanted to love MCC for so long, but it just keeps enraging me. After a period of finally being able to get on and play with my friend after nearly half a year of failures to connect, I was ecstatic.

Now with the latest patch we can no longer join each other. Constant failures to connect.

Not a single other game gives us this issue. Grumble.....

Running solo works for me almost all the time. In a party not so much. In a week I won't care but it'd be nice if they would eventually get around to fixing it.

Yeah solo has worked fine for me 99% of the time. I was trying to help a couple of friends finish Halo 4 for next week and was shocked at how bad it was performing. I finished all the campaigns on co op 2-3 months ago and it worked better then.

Ocho

Checking my stats online, it appears some of the campaign levels in Halo 2/3 don't show as completed in any difficulty. Pretty sure I beat them. MCC'd.

I suppose that's the reason I don't have the Legend achievement.

Edit: Some levels don't even have a high score. Maybe the webapp is broken.

Akai__

Checking my stats online, it appears some of the campaign levels in Halo 2/3 don't show as completed in any difficulty. Pretty sure I beat them. MCC'd.

I suppose that's the reason I don't have the Legend achievement.

Edit: Some levels don't even have a high score. Maybe the webapp is broken.

One reason could be using skulls like Scarab Gun or Infinite Ammo. They will stop you from getting progression achievements. Have you done that by any chance?

An other one would be continuing the game from the very last checkpoint after you used Save & Quit. You can't get progression by doing that.

Ocho

One reason could be using skulls like Scarab Gun or Infinite Ammo. They will stop you from getting progression achievements. Have you done that by any chance?

Nope, never activated any of the skulls. Pretty much only 'resumed' the campaigns 'till the end.

Karl2177

Like other people have pointed out, I wouldn't want it as part of the universal UI. BUT I wouldn't mind if the Halo 5 Beta menu option switched to "Launch Halo 5"

MouldyK

Halo 3 on Normal is Done!

ODST and 4 remain!

Prophet of
Truth be told, I never completed Halo 2, ODST or 4 back in the day.

Didn't play 2 at all but watched my brother play it, played ODST a tiny bit, but again, watched my brother play some of it. Didn't get far in Halo 4 because I was trying Legendary.

Looking forward to playing Unplayed Halo games, but 3 brought some good memories up, same as the first one did on Sunday.

"Tank Beats Everything!"

Montresor

I should be done Halo 2 by tonight.

Just 3, ODST, Reach and 4 left! I think if I have a crazy weekend I can do it all before Halo 5 lol.

Why are they making the Halo:CE 4v4 playlist a limited playlist? It saddens me.

I don't always want to play like I'm in a MLG tournament in the 2v2....

Is there any way to get subtitles for the in game dialogue on Halo 2:A? Even with my volume turned up high, unless I'm right next to the characters while they're talking and not shooting I cant hear them. Half the time they start talking in the middle of a firefight and I just get bits and pieces of the convo.

Its really frustrating. I have subs on for Halo 2:A but they only show up on the CG cutscenes. I just beat the first level with the Arbiter and I wish I got to hear the dialogue between the two elites while going down the elevator. I think I missed a lot of stuff from the regular Marines as well.

Either way, the campaign is still a lot of fun as I remember it. The upgraded graphics and the cutscenes just take it to another level.

Ah thats a bummer. Ugh. Oh well.

Hah I love the random metal track during the arbiter level. Thought I was listening to Metroid Metal for a second.

MouldyK

I should be done Halo 2 by tonight.

Just 3, ODST, Reach and 4 left! I think if I have a crazy weekend I can do it all before Halo 5 lol.

You are a game behind me! Then again, I have the lucky break of not having a job currently, so i'm aiming for ODST today and 4 on Friday.

Still loving the way that Marines survive on Normal more.

I remember someone saying Halo 5 would be different because Master Chief is usually alone, but playing through 1-3, it seems like there are quite a few battles where Master Chief should have had Marines with him, but on Legendary, they don't make it haha.

Here:

I haven't really been keeping up with all the details on the game, but I've read some stuff that completely kills the hype for me, and I'm a diehard SP Halo fan (finished every game on legendary multiple times).

Is it true that Master Chief is never alone, but always accompanied by AI bots? Perhaps the best part of Halo for me has been the atmosphere of lonliness and isolation. If I'm constantly gonna have an entourage of AI characters spouting one liners around me, I'm out.

Holy crap dude. Keep trucking.

3 is my favorite in the series.

Having played it for the first time in 8 years yesterday, I have to agree. The spectacle of all the scenes is amazing!

Montresor

Holy crap dude. Keep trucking.

3 is my favorite in the series.

You are a game behind me! Then again, I have the lucky break of not having a job currently, so i'm aiming for ODST today and 4 on Friday.

I finished Halo 2 last night. My gosh what an incredible game. How did I spend the last 8 or so years being a huge Xbox fan while never touching the Halo games? The whole idea of Covenant political in-fighting, racial mutiny between brutes and elites, that flood creature bending the arbiter and the chief to its will, and Cortana and the chief being forced to split up was so crazy.

Man I shit you not, there was a spot in Halo 2's story yesterday where me and my brother were practically speechless... that's when you're playing as the arbiter trying to race your way towards the index, and it becomes increasingly obvious that humans have been here before the arbiter (you hear some marine chatter, and the flood start using human weapons against you), then level ends and bam, Miranda and Chipps are at the index!!! And I was genuinely worried they'd be killed! I love Miranda Keyes especially, what a bad ass god damn character. I haven't seen myself get worried about a character's fate in a cutscene in a looooong time gaming. I desperately did not want Miranda to die.

So, now to start Halo 3. Right away I'm really excited by Cortana's opening monologue but the game looks so rough compared to Halo 2. I guess that's expected.

I don't think I'll make it to Halo 5 by Tuesday though. Life Is Strange and Tales From The Borderlands final episodes both came out so that's probably two evenings after work taken up right there (tonight and tomorrow). So I probably won't properly start Halo 3 until Friday after work.

The good thing is through a fortuitous circumstance, I have the entire week off from work next week (I took it off to help my brother move across the country but he's delayed his move to December and I still have a paid week off coming up). So I'm thinking:

Friday evening: 1st half of Halo 3
Saturday: Finish Halo 3, start ODST
Sunday: Finish ODST, start Reach on 360
Monday: Finish Reach, start Halo 4.
Tuesday: Finish Halo 4

And then maybe start Halo 5 on Wednesday. But I have the whooooole week off either way to take care of all these games. I'm playing everything on normal so that should help...

Montresor

Oh and to the person a couple of pages ago that told me "If you paid attention to Halo 1 you should know who the reclaimer is".

After playing Halo 2 I think I have a much better understanding of the term "reclaimer". I was so confused because I thought there was only one reclaimer (343's dialogue in CE made it seem that way), but now I think it's obvious that "reclaimers" in general are humans (not just chief or not just one person in particular).

MouldyK

So, now to start Halo 3. Right away I'm really excited by Cortana's opening monologue but the game looks so rough compared to Halo 2. I guess that's expected.

Yup, I mean compared to OG Halo 2, it looks amazing (switched between both visuals alot during Halo 1 and Halo 2)...but that Anniversary sheen!

I'm at the end of ODST now! Game is short!

Ocho

Done with Tsvao Hightway (the one mission that was bugged out and not marked as legendary complete in Halo 3). Got my achievements now.

Sucks that now I need to complete Outskirt (hate -- SNIPERS!!), Regret (that boss battle sucks), and Uprising (actually liked) in Legendary, again.

Fuchsdh

Done with Tsvao Hightway (the one mission that was bugged out and not marked as legendary complete in Halo 3). Got my achievements now.

Sucks that now I need to complete Outskirt (hate -- SNIPERS!!), Regret (that boss battle sucks), and Uprising (actually liked) in Legendary, again.

You can skip all the snipers in that alley, though.

And yeah, not looking forward to Regret. Never done that on Legendary, I don't think.

Toa TAK

Banned
Everyone still trying to beat the games on Legendary and I'm stuck with ODST knowing I must LASO it eventually. :(

Might attempt the MCSaga playlist today, I just don't want to start it over or get glitched. =\

Akai__

People on TrueAchievements reporting that Killjoy and audio-log achievements are popping for them, while others are reporting that their progress has been reset again. Even for other achievements like Grenade kills.

One guy even said he magically earned 1000 Killjoy medals and the achievement unlocked for him. Why can't I be this lucky? lol

Fuchsdh

People on TrueAchievements reporting that Killjoy and audio-log achievements are popping for them, while others are reporting that their progress has been reset again. Even for other achievements like Grenade kills.

One guy even said he magically earned 1000 Killjoy medals and the achievement unlocked for him. Why can't I be this lucky? lol

Wondering if that's what happened for me. Did a boosting session for the Killjoy, Double Kill, Legendary medals and was at like 10–35% for them—checked later and they'd popped. Dunno if the counter was ever accurate though, might have reset themselves and then sorted themselves out later.

Only got KOTH medals, Environmentals, Splatters and a few grenade kills left.

Korosenai

Gamestop near me is doing a midnight launch tourney and first place gets a free copy. Going to ask them tomorrow if they can change the reward to a free elite controller lol.

Is there a glitch in Halo 2 on "The Oracle" level that prevents The Heretic Leader boss fight from triggering?

I'm currently at the hangar and pretty sure there's supposed to be a boss fight here.

EDIT: Definitely a glitch. Watched a walk through on YouTube.

Also, definitely no fucking dedicated servers.

Man the matchmaking in Halo 2 Anniversary is terrible. About 10 times today I've been on the losing team where we have been lucky to get points in the teens while the other team gets their 50. You can tell who is good too as they are all sniper ninjas across the map.

Akai__

Wondering if that's what happened for me. Did a boosting session for the Killjoy, Double Kill, Legendary medals and was at like 10–35% for them—checked later and they'd popped. Dunno if the counter was ever accurate though, might have reset themselves and then sorted themselves out later.

Only got KOTH medals, Environmentals, Splatters and a few grenade kills left.

Damn. I'll probably jump on MP for a little longer today, in order to get several Killjoy medals.

Anon67

Man the matchmaking in Halo 2 Anniversary is terrible. About 10 times today I've been on the losing team where we have been lucky to get points in the teens while the other team gets their 50. You can tell who is good too as they are all sniper ninjas across the map.

Yup. I see that teams tend to be grossly imbalanced at times. Quite annoying when you get completely smashed by another team and have no way of retaliating.

Fuchsdh

I didn't realize that H2A had join-in-progress; we started a game 4v3, then people dropped to 3v2, but two others joined the enemy team about a minute in.

empathe

Yup. I see that teams tend to be grossly imbalanced at times. Quite annoying when you get completely smashed by another team and have no way of retaliating.

It could just be player population.

Does anyone know if you get punished for leaving if you're whole team has already left?

Top Bottom