• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

I5CharactersMax

Neo Member
Why is the new CE playlist just the 2v2 playlist maps? Any chance we can have the bigger ones in like BG and SW?
I played BG like, twice, since November.

Yeah, most of those problems are H3 problems, not MCC problems.

Yeah... No. Much as I love halo 3 it admittedly had a problem where very occasionally one would get a 'bloodshot' (even saw it happen to the pro Cloud on lan); MCC halo 3 I get one practically every game. Coukd have something to do with the transition to 60 FPS.

NJDEN

I don't own TMCC or an Xbox One, but after playing co-op Halo 2 on the 360(which has horrid frame drops and graphical issues) I've debated buying an XOne with TMMC, but I don't really know if it is a good decision or not...

I've heard all the games in the collection are supposed to run at 1080 w/ 60 frames with the exception of Halo 2 Anniversary which has a reduced resolution. Does the frame rate hold up in split screen? I know 1 & 2 got the anniversary treatment so all the game's graphics are up to snuff. I'm mainly interested in if the campaign runs well in co-op; I heard that the campaign runs fine in single player, but not in co-op and I was wondering if anyone had experience with issues or if it has been patched.

Tried playing MP for the first time and it doesn't seem to be finding anyone.

I know this game had MP issues at launch, but I thought those were fixed. Is there something I should know about or look at troubleshooting first?

Finally getting around to running through the Campaigns in this. How are post-credits cutscenes handled in this? After beating CE it just went back to the menu, no credits.

Also, anyone else experienced this bug where mouths don't animate in the cutscnes in Classic mode for CE? Think Pillar of Autumn opening cutscene but nobody's mouth moves.

And what's up with the Remastered soundtrack switching to the Classic soundtrack if you die/revert to last checkpoint? It's a good thing that I tend to prefer the original soundtrack or that'd really bother me.

MouldyK

Man, I tried playing through Halo 1 on Heroic and...well I suck balls now...can't do the 3rd Level.

Normal Difficulty it is from now on I guess...i've lost my touch.

It's a hit to my pride. Have I really gotten worse since when I was 10?

First time posting in this thread. I got MCC along with an Xbox One recently and have been playing through the campaigns as I've not played all of them (missed Halo 2 and 1 when they came out) but my god Halo 4 seems bugged as hell on my current game.

I'm on the Reclaimer mission and after destroying the big Elite dropship thing I jump onto the giant UNSC Mammoth and the rest of the map doesn't load.... Like literally the Mammoth will carry on it's path which is absolutely nothing. To the point that I'm floating on the Mammoth with the rest of the map in the distance that was loaded. I quitted the game, turned off the console, restarted and it's still there. Going to have to do the mission all over again it seems and hope it doesn't happen again. Is this a known bug?! I was aware the MCC had some serious multiplayer issues but didn't realise the Campaigns had any issues!

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
First time posting in this thread. I got MCC along with an Xbox One recently and have been playing through the campaigns as I've not played all of them (missed Halo 2 and 1 when they came out) but my god Halo 4 seems bugged as hell on my current game.

I'm on the Reclaimer mission and after destroying the big Elite dropship thing I jump onto the giant UNSC Mammoth and the rest of the map doesn't load.... Like literally the Mammoth will carry on it's path which is absolutely nothing. To the point that I'm floating on the Mammoth with the rest of the map in the distance that was loaded. I quitted the game, turned off the console, restarted and it's still there. Going to have to do the mission all over again it seems and hope it doesn't happen again. Is this a known bug?! I was aware the MCC had some serious multiplayer issues but didn't realise the Campaigns had any issues!

I... What?

Did you record a clip? I have never seen nor heard of that happening.

I... What?

No clip. Also this is the second time I've had to redo this mission. First time I quit, went to play it and it got stuck on the loading screen. Had to redo this mission and only to find only half the map seems to have loaded. I took a few screen caps.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4C560E6D8BFA516B!1274&authkey=!ALj2O1YsIEJ6g7o&ithint=folder,

EDIT: Restarted the mission again and it was fine. Random!

Akai__

No clip. Also this is the second time I've had to redo this mission. First time I quit, went to play it and it got stuck on the loading screen. Had to redo this mission and only to find only half the map seems to have loaded. I took a few screen caps.

Loading zones are screwed up on Reclaimer unfortunately. Especially the part with the Lich.

If you go somewhere too fast, for example if you take down the Lich and proceed to the next area before it actually explodes, you will not hit the loading zone responsible for the whole next area. There's quite a few of those on Reclaimer.

Montresor

I got farther in Halo 2 and wow, my mind is getting blown! So my brother and I are playing splitscreen co-op, and we get to this really lengthy cutscene where a "heretic" is taken to The Covenant Council for interrogation, and then they raise him up from "heretic" to The Arbiter, and The Arbiter and some other Covenant forces get ready to take down the true Heretic....

So we're thinking to each other "Wow this is really fucking cool, so I bet the game will soon be switching to a cutscene showing Miranda Keyes, Cortana, and Master Chief stumbling into this battle right?"

And then it turns out that we are playing as The Arbiter!!! We were so shocked, but we loved it.

And then at the end of that sequence of levels 343 Guilty Spark comes out of nowhere. Oh lord have mercy, my brother and I were just so fucking impressed. Right away we love the idea of how the Covenant are being fleshed out as more than just Other, Mindless Enemies. They're a fanatically religious civilization, extraordinary powerful, with unique individuals scattered among their ranks... and there is so much wonderful political intrigue. The Heretic is trying to show The Arbiter, via 343 Guilty Spark, that The Council is lying about Halo's true nature, but The Heretic never gets a chance. This was just beautiful.

And the feels/surprises didn't stop, because in the next cutscene, BAM, we finally return to the human storyline and Miranda Keyes, MC, and Cortana actually run into a NEW Halo!!!

Erimriv

For those playing the Halo games for the first time don't forget to play Halo Wars. Im not a guy that played many RTS games (command and conquer and warcraft many years ago) but im playing this one and loving it. It's dirt cheap these days and stinkles said it's a priority on the Backward Compatibility list.

raindoc

Man, I tried playing through Halo 1 on Heroic and...well I suck balls now...can't do the 3rd Level.

Normal Difficulty it is from now on I guess...i've lost my touch.

It's a hit to my pride. Have I really gotten worse since when I was 10?

I feel you. Haven't played Halo since (a couple months after) 4 was released. Now I'm struggling through H:CE on Legendary.
I wanted to complete all campaigns before 5 launches, but my skills (and free time) weren't up to the task. Just started "Keyes"...

It's dirt cheap these days and stinkles said it's a priority on the Backward Compatibility list.

Anybody know if I will be able to buy it (or other BC games) digitally?

Loading zones are screwed up on Reclaimer unfortunately. Especially the part with the Lich.

If you go somewhere too fast, for example if you take down the Lich and proceed to the next area before it actually explodes, you will not hit the loading zone responsible for the whole next area. There's quite a few of those on Reclaimer.

Ahh gotcha :) It's all sorted now anyways. Thanks for the info!

Richie

My brother is interested in buying this. I've heard all about the glitches and whatnot, but I don't know if this is for online play only. He says he doesn't want to play online, just the campaigns and the local multiplayer modes. Would it be worth getting it then? Thanks a bunch in advance.

Fuchsdh

My brother is interested in buying this. I've heard all about the glitches and whatnot, but I don't know if this is for online play only. He says he doesn't want to play online, just the campaigns and the local multiplayer modes. Would it be worth getting it then? Thanks a bunch in advance.

I personally don't regret buying it at $60 day-one and going through the campaigns. I think it's worth it.

I... What?

It's actually pretty easy to do if you're a guy who blazes through campaigns. "Reclaimer" had a troubled dev cycle, apparently, and it shows it;. On the plus side, you can abuse its janky loads and whatnot for your own purposes—speed runners have done some cool shortcuts.

MouldyK

I feel you. Haven't played Halo since (a couple months after) 4 was released. Now I'm struggling through H:CE on Legendary.
I wanted to complete all campaigns before 5 launches, but my skills (and free time) weren't up to the task. Just started "Keyes"...

Yeah...so far i'm thinking:

Monday: Halo 1 and First Half of Halo 2.

Tuesday: 2nd Half of Halo 2

Wednesday: 1st Half of Halo 3.

Thursday: Break.

Friday: 2nd Half of Halo 3.

Saturday: 1st Half of Halo 4.

Sunday: 2nd Half of Halo 4.

Monday: Catch-Up on whatever else I need to know to learn Lore.

ODST and Spartan Ops will have to wait until another time.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
ODST and Spartan Ops will have to wait until another time.

I'd at least read a summary of Spartan Ops so you can know what's going on with Halsey and Jul 'Mdama before you go into 5.

It's actually pretty easy to do if you're a guy who blazes through campaigns. "Reclaimer" had a troubled dev cycle, apparently, and it shows it;. On the plus side, you can abuse its janky loads and whatnot for your own purposes—speed runners have done some cool shortcuts.

Ah, that explains why I never experienced those issues, even on the 360.

Seriously, fuck the Halo 1 campaign. That last escape bit is a goddamn nightmare with the horrible warthog controls. Where the hell are my checkpoints too? Jesus. The stupid car flipped over and killed me like 4 times so far. Its just comical. I'm just gonna YouTube the rest.

Seriously, fuck the Halo 1 campaign. That last escape bit is a goddamn nightmare with the horrible warthog controls. Where the hell are my checkpoints too? Jesus. The stupid car flipped over and killed me like 4 times so far. Its just comical. I'm just gonna YouTube the rest.
Ha it's frustrating at first, but once you figure out which paths to take and where and how to make the turns, you can do it pretty easily with time to flip the car multiple times.
Depending on how far you've made it -
you can make up a lot of time by not stopping for Foe Hammer

Ha it's frustrating at first, but once you figure out which paths to take and where and how to make the turns, you can do it pretty easily with time to flip the car multiple times.
Depending on how far you've made it -
you can make up a lot of time by not stopping for Foe Hammer

The first time I died was because I got out of the Warthog
waiting for the Foehammer then the Covenant bastards shot at the car
and it fell off the bridge lol. There was no other Warthog in sight so I had to restart from the beginning of the run. I was just like are you freakin kidding me right now.

I died a couple more times having the Warthog fall on me but the last straw was when I
ran out of time like 5 steps away from getting on the ship
. I just had enough. Just YouTubed it and moved on to Halo 2.

I loved everything about Halo 1: Anniversary except the Warthog controls and the awful level design. The outdoor parts were lovely (that sky is just wow) but the indoor sections were absolutely awful. Just copy paste rooms everywhere, repetitive patterns, it just drove me nuts. I never played the original Halo 1 campaign on the Xbox and I might have hated the series if I did lol.

On to Halo 2! Man I'm really loving these cinematics. Well done.

MouldyK

I loved everything about Halo 1: Anniversary except the Warthog controls and the awful level design. The outdoor parts were lovely (that sky is just wow) but the indoor sections were absolutely awful. Just copy paste rooms everywhere, repetitive patterns, it just drove me nuts. I never played the original Halo 1 campaign on the Xbox and I might have hated the series if I did lol.

Yeah, man.

Two Betrayals, Keyes and The Maw are like 75%-90% Copy-Pasted from Assault on the Control Room, Truth and Reconciliation and Pillar of Autumn...

So 3 of the 10 Levels are copy pasta!

Bungie shoulda been fired right here!

Any chance of getting some vets together to beat MCC on legendary.heard it's an unlock for halo 5

Man, I struggled with Halo 1 on Normal on my own just now!

I do hope some Vets are willing to help do Legendary in the New Year though after H5 has died down a bit. If there is an unlock, I want it eventually!

Fuchsdh

I still need to do H1 and H4 on Legendary in under three hours, although I think chances of getting the former without performing a Keyes bump and/or the bridge descent are tough, and I've been rubbish thus far practicing them.

And then H2 Legendary... *shudder* it's probably better to just try that one solo, and work on my sword-flying skills...

Any chance of getting some vets together to beat MCC on legendary.heard it's an unlock for halo 5
I believe the Helioskrill armor can also be unlocked via REQ packs.

I personally don't have the patience to run through all 4 games on Legendary before next Tuesday.

Just started Halo 2: Anniversary. Holy fuck! It looks so good! Those cinematics are fantastic as well. Wow. I just want a CG mini series instead of live action.

Haven't played online in the past few months... have I missed any important patches other than playlist updates?

Big patch went out the other day, but it's not earthshattering. A few old issues fixed, a couple new ones are being reported here and there, most likely a net-gain in terms of functionality but overall the status hasn't change drastically. Also, as per usual you results may vary.

I personally don't regret buying it at $60 day-one and going through the campaigns. I think it's worth it.

Yeah I was trying to blast through it on Normal tbf. Will do a much more methodical run on Heroic if I get time before Halo 5!

So, I'm finally sitting down and playing Halo 4's campaign for the first time to get ready for Halo 5.

I've run into the game-breaking, fatal glitch on Reclaimer where it just stops and the Covenant ship never shows up.

How the FUCK has 343i never fixed this? The game is 3 years old now.

Even better, how the fuck do they re-do the game in Master Chief Collection and not fix it?

Everything I can tell has shown that 343i never even said anything about this issue. Then had the nerve to replicate it in MCC.

What insulting horse shit. I just cancelled my Halo 5 pre-order.

Played quite a few games yesterday and had no problems at all. I'm very excited for Halo 5 and have it preloaded waiting for next Tuesday. If anyone is up for some multiplayer or needs some help with co-op or Spartan Ops. Send me a message my GT is Zombie Lyle.

Akai__

I still need to do H1 and H4 on Legendary in under three hours, although I think chances of getting the former without performing a Keyes bump and/or the bridge descent are tough, and I've been rubbish thus far practicing them.

And then H2 Legendary... *shudder* it's probably better to just try that one solo, and work on my sword-flying skills...

H2 actually isn't that bad, except Gravemind and Regret. But even then... You could always do the Checkpoint Save & Quit method, which makes those leves actually manageable and that method works for every mission for every Halo game. You will just have to know where the last checkpoint is on every mission, because it doesn't work on the last checkpoints. Also, not sure you know this, but sword flying doesn't exist in H2 MCC since it's the Vista version and it got patched out in that version.

I find Halo CE under 3 hours way harder/more exhasuting than H2 actually. Doesn't have any major tricks, except the ones you mentioned and you really want to do them, so you can waste time on other missions.

I'd love to help you, but I'm not sure if my schedule in combination of timezones will allow it.

Montresor

I've made plenty of posts complaining about legitimate achievement issues in this game.

But the achievements in this game (the massive breadth and scope of all achievements) are incredibly satisfying.

It felt great yesterday knocking away miscellaneous achievements in Halo CE in MCC (terminals, skulls, stuff like beat a level without jumping, etc...). They're given away like candy.

Ocho

So I beat Halo 1-4 on legendary, still no 'Legend' achievement. Do I need to beat ODST and Spartan ops as well?

Akai__

So I beat Halo 1-4 on legendary, still no 'Legend' achievement. Do I need to beat ODST and Spartan ops as well?

I replied in the other thread, but moving the post here.

Check if every mission says completed on Legendary. You only need Halo 1-4.

MCC achievements are still busted, so it could be very well a glitch.

Ocho

I replied in the other thread, but moving the post here.

Check if every mission says completed on Legendary. You only need Halo 1-4.

MCC achievements are still busted, so it could be very well a glitch.

Ok cool, thanks for the response. Probably glitched out but I'll double check later tonight.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
For all my years I've played Halo I have always used the default control scheme. Tried to switch to Bumper Jumper for a day and, while nice and I can see the benefits, I just can't get used to it.

EDIT: ok well after seeing the Halo 5 schemes I think I'll for the first time forgo default and use Recon. Why the hell would I want crouch on the right stick?

Ocho

For all my years I've played Halo I have always used the default control scheme. Tried to switch to Bumper Jumper for a day and, while nice and I can see the benefits, I just can't get used to it.

EDIT: ok well after seeing the Halo 5 schemes I think I'll for the first time forgo default and use Recon. Why the hell would I want crouch on the right stick?

Easiest way to crouch jump? (unless you crouch with bumpers/etc)

Karl2177

Give it some time. The way I got used to Bumper Jumper was through playing ODST firefight on Easy and then Normal and Heroic.

Ocho

I'm used to crouch on left stick.

Well, suppose I shouldn't knock it until I try it.

Ah true, it's on the left stick as default! Sorry, swapped to the Destiny preset so I don't get confused when I swap games, and I forgot.

As a side note, I'm looking for at least one more person (or three, get the full fireteam) who wants to play and finish Spartan Ops in legendary difficulty this week. Can play between 9pm-1am central time, more available time during the weekend. Want to finish the ops before Halo 5. Preferably peeps interested in the story and not rushing things out.

I was supposed to play this with my friends but they have yet to even finish Halo 1.

MouldyK

Okay, so I said i'd do Halo 2 on Normal over the span of 2 days and would continue the "1 Halo Game Every 2 Days" from then...

...just did Halo 2 on Normal and it took me like 9 hours, which included time for Lunch and Dinner, so maybe like 7-8 hours really.

So i'm on a "Halo Game A Day" stance now and I need your help now I can fit ODST in!

Would you recommend playing Halo ODST after 3 or after 4? I know it takes place around 2/3 time, but I want your opinions. :D

EDIT: Ocho just made me remember that I now have time for Spartan Ops aswell! You think I can do that in a day on Normal aswell?

Karl2177

Okay, so I said i'd do Halo 2 on Normal over the span of 2 days and would continue the "1 Halo Game Every 2 Days" from then...

...just did Halo 2 on Normal and it took me like 9 hours, which included time for Lunch and Dinner, so maybe like 7-8 hours really.

So i'm on a "Halo Game A Day" stance now and I need your help now I can fit ODST in!

Would you recommend playing Halo ODST after 3 or after 4? I know it takes place around 2/3 time, but I want your opinions. :D

EDIT: Ocho just made me remember that I now have time for Spartan Ops aswell! You think I can do that in a day on Normal aswell?

ODST is worth it, Spartan Ops isn't. I'd do ODST after 3, then do 4. Spartan Ops gameplay just isn't good enough to warrant a playthrough. Just watch the hours worth of cutscenes on YouTube.

I always advocate playing games in release order. So ODST after 3. That'll give you a nice breather after finishing the original trilogy before jumping into 4.

Fuchsdh

Give it some time. The way I got used to Bumper Jumper was through playing ODST firefight on Easy and then Normal and Heroic.

Well, with controller profiles now being a thing you might as well just custom map your own controls. The default H4/Reclaimer setup works pretty well for me in the beta and I'll probably stick with it but it's nice to have the option to swap it.

MouldyK

I always advocate playing games in release order. So ODST after 3. That'll give you a nice breather after finishing the original trilogy before jumping into 4.

True, at my pace i'm gonna do ODST on Wednesday, have a day off with my friend on Thursday and jump into Halo 4 on Friday, so it makes sense.

And hmm, maybe i'll skip over Spartan Ops then and instead watch the Cutscenes and see what other knowledge I need between Saturday and Monday.

Top Bottom