• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

void666

Banned
I'm a newcomer to the halo franchise. Currently playing through halo 4.
Halo 2 is my favorite. I enjoyed Halo CE and Halo 2 is an improvement in every aspect.
Though i think it drags a bit.

Halo 3 is ok. There are some good moments but overall i think halo 2 entertained me more.
I hated what they did to the arbiter. To be honest i didn't like to play as the arbiter in halo 2. But also didn't like that he became forgettable npc in halo 3.

Halo 4 is beautiful. But so far i think there's something off. The covenant feels different.
The areas are smaller. Even when there's vehicles. Some of the best moments in the previous games involved huge arenas and vehicles. I'm currently playing through mission 3 so maybe things change down the road.
I'll try to finish halo 4 this weekend so i can be prepared for halo 5.

Montresor

I played Halo 2 coop and didn't realize two cutscenes at the beginning don't show up in coop. So I loaded it solo and saw the Spartan Locke cutscene.

That surely wasn't in the original Halo 2 correct?

Netprints

I played Halo 2 coop and didn't realize two cutscenes at the beginning don't show up in coop. So I loaded it solo and saw the Spartan Locke cutscene.

That surely wasn't in the original Halo 2 correct?

They added that for the collection. Didn't exist before the MCC

Draconian

So halo 2 is still broken? That's very depressing. Just beat Halo 1 and halo 2 keeps crashing on the 2nd mission, online coop. Sad

Halo 2 has always been unreliable for me when it comes to online coop. Frequently we just get booted out of the lobby off of the loading screen. Occasionally it loads up and lets us play, but more times than not, it fails.

It could just be player population.

Does anyone know if you get punished for leaving if you're whole team has already left?

They should reward the last team member with double or triple shields for the remainder of the round. No way in hell 1 guy can stand against 4 in that game.

So I played through CE with a friend today and man, it was a chore to go through. So much backtracking, going through similar looking areas not knowing if it was the right way, not a lot of weapon variety and it was just too much of it. I really enjoyed it when I was younger, but I wouldn't want to go through it again. Not sure if I want to try 2-4.

They should reward the last team member with double or triple shields for the remainder of the round. No way in hell 1 guy can stand against 4 in that game.

That's actually an interesting idea. Scale shields and/or damage for each team member lost. Has any game attempted something like that before?

So I played through CE with a friend today and man, it was a chore to go through. So much backtracking, going through similar looking areas not knowing if it was the right way, not a lot of weapon variety and it was just too much of it. I really enjoyed it when I was younger, but I wouldn't want to go through it again. Not sure if I want to try 2-4.

2-4 hold up a lot better in those regards.

thenexus6

As mentioned only got the game yesterday.

Getting this message when I try and play MP

"MULTIPLAYER IS NOT ALLOWED

The Multiplayer feature is blocked due to your Xbox LIVE settings. Please make sure you have the correct Xbox LIVE account and your Family Settings are turned off."

willow ve

The Multiplayer feature is blocked due to your Xbox LIVE settings. Please make sure you have the correct Xbox LIVE account and your Family Settings are turned off."
" just like you remember it "

pacman85

i started up this game for the first time in a while and tried to continue playing through halo: c.e. on legendary with a buddy. we were on mission 5 (assault on the control room). it took us over 30 minutes but we finally beat it and of course the achievement didn't pop up for me. he had already gotten it from a solo run through on easy a while back. really frustrating that this game is still having issues like this. i'm excited for halo 5 but just playing this game for one night reminded why i'm still skeptical of 343.

Draconian

i started up this game for the first time in a while and tried to continue playing through halo: c.e. on legendary with a buddy. we were on mission 5 (assault on the control room). it took us over 30 minutes but we finally beat it and of course the achievement didn't pop up for me. he had already gotten it from a solo run through on easy a while back. really frustrating that this game is still having issues like this. i'm excited for halo 5 but just playing this game for one night reminded why i'm still skeptical of 343.

Well, at least be proud that it didn't take you over an hour like it did when me and my friend played that level a couple of weeks ago.

MouldyK

After 30 Hours and 1 Halo game each day from Sunday (except Thursday where I took a break), I have done all of MCC on Normal.

Each took me an average of 6-8 hours each...but they felt like way longer!

Now to read up on the Non-Game Lore!

empathe

Happens to me if I leave the game running when I suspend. Gotta hard quite MCC and relaunch it.

I get this too. Especially going from Netflix to the game. Almost like my sons profile in Neflix makes the signed in profile on the Xbox change to a youth version.

A hard reset of the console fixes it.

Montresor

After 30 Hours and 1 Halo game each day from Sunday (except Thursday where I took a break), I have done all of MCC on Normal.

Each took me an average of 6-8 hours each...but they felt like way longer!

Now to read up on the Non-Game Lore!

Congrats!!! I started the beginning of Halo 3 the other day. Yikes at the graphics compared to Halo 2 but I'm still super pumped to learn more about the "ark" and see how this covenant, flood, and Cortana story plays out.

Hey guys, I was hoping you could help me with something. I'm playing through Halo 4 for the first time (in MCC), and grabbing the terminals along the way. When terminal #2 tried to load, the Halo Channel app crashed. So I loaded it back up, and I can't find the terminal videos. I googled it and all I could find is people complaining about Halo Channel crashing and MCC being broken.

edit: I managed to find it on halowaypoint.com through a Google search, and add them to my queue from there. It's odd that I can't find them in the app itself though.

malfcn

Movement is soo slow in H2. And getting shit on 2v5 is not fun. Not the games fault though, just quitters ruining the fun.

In Halo 4 I was decent, even other incarnation I am a BK..
But it is so frustrating because on my screen I am hitting all my shots and meleeing them and nothing happens. Then they just blink in my direction and I am dead.

Ocho

I have concluded Outskirt, Regret and Uprising are my most hated levels in Halo 2 @ legendary difficulty, MCC somehow knew it should troll me as f and not marked them as completed.

Edit:
Uprising decided not to unlock, again. It appears I can beat the levels on easy and achievements should unlock. Will try again.

Edit2:
Doesn't work.

Edit3:
It worked. Had to wait untilt he following morning for achievements to unlock, though.

Movement is soo slow in H2. And getting shit on 2v5 is not fun. Not the games fault though, just quitters ruining the fun.

In Halo 4 I was decent, even other incarnation I am a BK..
But it is so frustrating because on my screen I am hitting all my shots and meleeing them and nothing happens. Then they just blink in my direction and I am dead.

I loved all the Halo games in their respective eras but the only ones I can stand to play is CE, H2A, and 4.

Only ones where i feel like my shots/melees actually connect.

Fuchsdh

I loved all the Halo games in their respective eras but the only ones I can stand to play is CE, H2A, and 4.

Never felt like melees were good in CE. You'd have enemies lunge at you and it felt like you were far enough away/dodged and they'd still connect.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
Just a PSA for the other achievement addicts who got this game really late like I did.

It might be tempting to uninstall the game when 5 comes out but hold on for a bit. On Halloween you can get the seasonal (EDIT: poor word choice) sign on Zanzibar achievement and one of the two glyphs on Valhalla (the second you can get on Veteran's Day, November 11)

Bread

Banned

They really fucked up the H2 port. The shooting is fantastic as expected, but the melee is an absolute joke. I'd say about 50% of the time I melee it lunges and gets me up close but does no damage, even if I'm standing point blank next to someone. Halo 3 is a mess because of the choice to not use hitscan though, it could have been the GOAT with it.

Fuchsdh

Seasonal sign and glyphs?

There are some MCC achievements related to the glyphs and special signs that appear on multiplayer maps during special holidays. You can get them offline by changing your Xbox date though, as well.

Just did Halo 4 under 3 hours Legendary. Was fun and pretty easy, but now come H1 and H2 where there won't be two extra bodies to dump at encounters...

Finished Halo 2: A. Fuck that was so good. I can imagine why fans were so upset at the end of Halo 2 when it first released...it just ends right when it gets amazing.

My first Halo campaign was Halo 3 so playing through the first 2 back to back really filled in a lot of holes and helped me understand the story better. I mean I always read up on the synopsis but its not the same as actually playing through the games.

Even though I've slaughtered millions of Elites, I felt bad when
they were betrayed by the council. The Gravemind looked extremely menacing too. Having a bunch of Hunters on my side was the most bad ass thing ever.
I really loved the last mission on Halo 2:A.

Was it me or were the Brutes a lot tougher in Halo 2:A then they were on Halo 3? Or were they always that tough when Halo 2 came out originally? They were ridiculous bullet sponges even on Easy. I was surprised that when I started Halo 3 right away, I was taking them down in a few shots.

Anyways, I guess I have to find Halo: Uprising to bridge the end of Halo 2 and Halo 3? That was another thing that always left me confused.

Also, did they ever explain how the hell Johnson
got away from the Halo in the first game? I just remembered Cortana said no one else made it out
and they made a joke about it in the beginning of Halo 2.

It's the replacement for Follow by Incubus on the original OST and I love it.

Breaking the Covenant also stomps all over Breaking Benjamin's track.

I love those two tracks. They got me so hyped in the game.

Just a PSA for the other achievement addicts who got this game really late like I did.

It might be tempting to uninstall the game when 5 comes out but hold on for a bit. On Halloween you can get the seasonal (EDIT: poor word choice) sign on Zanzibar achievement and one of the two glyphs on Valhalla (the second you can get on Veteran's Day, November 11)

I won't ever uninstall MCC, but thanks for the heads up friend.

Montresor

Does every Halo game in MCC have some sort of super skull that makes Legendary easier? I.E. Halo CE has Bandanna, which I used in the 360 version to beat Legendary.

Do you have to perform some kind of exploit if you want to beat a Legendary level with a skull enabled AND get credit towards the Legendary achievements?

Seems like the achievement guides all state that MCC is designed to not award you level completion achievements for Legendary if a skull is active. I.E. http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=828682#vch. Unfortunately the "exploits" even for Halo 2 seem to vary. Some people say you need to save and quit after ever level and then avoid resuming - instead manually pick the next level. Some say after beating a level with a skull enabled, choose the same level without the skull then save and quit. Blargh.

Was it me or were the Brutes a lot tougher in Halo 2:A then they were on Halo 3? Or were they always that tough when Halo 2 came out originally? They were ridiculous bullet sponges even on Easy. I was surprised that when I started Halo 3 right away, I was taking them down in a few shots.
They didn't change anything gameplay wise about H2A, so the Brutes are the same as they were originally. Unless you have a headshot capable weapon, they can soak up quite a bit of damage. A few shots to the head with a Carbine or Beam Rifle does the easily does the trick though. You have to knock their skullcap off then finish them off.

Anyways, I guess I have to find Halo: Uprising to bridge the end of Halo 2 and Halo 3? That was another thing that always left me confused.
I've heard mixed things regarding Halo: Uprising. All the important stuff you need to know can be gleaned from the Plot Synopsis on Halopedia if you don't feel like actually reading it.
http://www.halopedia.org/Halo:_Uprising

Also, Halo 3 takes place about 2 weeks after the end of Halo 2. Johnson, the Arbiter and Miranda all make it back to Earth aboard an Elite vessel before Chief and Forerunner Dreadnought does. This vid should help fill in the blanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEjpAp4-E50

Also, did they ever explain how the hell Johnson
got away from the Halo in the first game? I just remembered Cortana said no one else made it out
and they made a joke about it in the beginning of Halo 2.
Yeah, it's explained in the Halo: First Strike novel. Or you can just look up Johnson's page on Halopedia.

Finished the Halo 3 Heroic Campaign Playlist today, but for whatever reason it didn't record the Epilogue as completed. Got all the corresponding achievements for completing a playlist and beating the game, but now the progress is stuck at 10/11 with no option to resume. So I guess the only solution is to start from scratch? Pretty lame.

lcap

Guys, after the latest update I´ve been stuck with the Downloading Latest Matchmaking Update, even if I cancel it I cant find a single match in any mode, have ay of you guys encontered this issue?

thenexus6

Any particular reason why emblems don't work in this game? Is it a case of what Halo game you're playing + if its ranked or not?

Every time I play BTB on Halo 2 and 3 every player has the exact same emblem.

Any particular reason why emblems don't work in this game? Is it a case of what Halo game you're playing + if its ranked or not?

Every time I play BTB on Halo 2 and 3 every player has the exact same emblem.

You mean in game? It's presumably because they didn't want to put the effort into the UI so we could have a different emblem for each game. So you get a meaningless emblem that only appears in matchmaking, everyone in-game has the same emblem, and you can't tell where your friends are. Awful.

Out of curiosity I booted this up yesterday for the first time in months, not expecting much. Got what I was expecting. It's still mostly a bad experience. Both Halo CE games I played were laggy. Pretty sure the item spawns are still on the horrible Halo PC timers. Halo 2 was okay, I guess... but it still feels like janky Halo 2 PC. The aiming in Halo 3 still feels wrong. I can't hit anything. I've never felt so helpless and useless in my gaming career. Halo 4 sure was a great, totally playable experience. Sadly, it's still Halo 4. Halo 2 Anniversary was fine, but the framerate is still garbage, and it's just not fun.

Oh well. I reupped for a month of GameFly for a buck to try out Halo 5. I'm miserable playing Destiny PVP so I really really want Halo 5 to great, but I'll never give 343 any money on faith ever again.

BokehKing

Banned
I'm trying to ease my way back into halo, if anyone wants to co op some story modes on a difficulty level a noob can handle that he cool

(Have not played halo with skill since halo 2, begining of halo 3)

Akai__

Yo 343i, I wrote a fix for the Killjoy achievement bug. You can use it royality free:

Code:
If medals.killjoys.count >= 250 
[INDENT]then unlock achievement.Party_Pooper[/INDENT]

I seriously wonder if and when there's going to be an other patch. You guys think they are done? I mean Frankie said they will have a team managing the MCC even after Halo 5, but he also said they will do the Halo 3 and Halo Reach consolidation and it never happened.

Montresor

Finished Halo 3, and started ODST on MCC. Damn what a big departure ODST is. I very much welcome the fresh new story and game play mechanics!

Yo 343i, I wrote a fix for the Killjoy achievement bug. You can use it royality free:

Code:

I seriously wonder if and when there's going to be an other patch. You guys think they are done? I mean Frankie said they will have a team managing the MCC even after Halo 5, but he also said they will do the Halo 3 and Halo Reach consolidation and it never happened.

But what if medals.killsjoys.count never reaches 250 because of another bug?

I am trying to play some Halo 4 multilayer, keeps finding 9 players (never a 10th) and then goes back to matchmaking.

I am trying to get some Halo hype going ready for Tuesday.

Damn.

willow ve

Code:

This last patch took like, what, 5 months (or more)?

Also, how many players still log into MCC in a given day / week / month? (not enough) Is the sustain cost worth it for this number of players? (no) Will a greater sustain team bring some players back? (no)

Akai__

But what if medals.killsjoys.count never reaches 250 because of another bug?

I have over 250 Killjoy medals. They aren't checking the stat page in-game, but appareantly use a seperate counter that is somehow integrated in the achievement system. Lucky me, because it reset itself from 83% to 3% when ODST released.

This last patch took like, what, 5 months (or more)?

Also, how many players still log into MCC in a given day / week / month? (not enough) Is the sustain cost worth it for this number of players? (no) Will a greater sustain team bring some players back? (no)

Yeah, that's pretty much my thought process. I hope we are wrong...

Montresor

Ever since I started MCC my completion percentage on trueachievements.com took a huge hit. But I'm finally up to 89% and I only need 71 more achievements for 90%. Completing Halo 1, 2, and 3 helped a bunch.

lz4C1is.png

I finally did it. What a glitchy nightmare those multiplayer achievements were. So happy to have it done before Halo 5 though.

Ocho

Halo Spartan Ops cutscenes were surprisingly good. Wish I had the time to run through all the missions, the ones I played with a friend were decent.

Top Bottom