• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Tomash

Well, never had this problem, now I'm stuck on that screen if I want to play MP, well done...

Same here. Didn't have that problem before the patch. Can't exit post-game stats after a custom game too.

Got through. Waited few minutes, canceled and tried again, it worked.

Montresor

I tested it when the patch released, yesterday. My 2 achievements are still bugged.

Well, never had this problem, now I'm stuck on that screen if I want to play MP, well done...

Same here. Didn't have that problem before the patch. Can't exit post-game stats after a custom game too. Might be NXOE related, some issues with patching?

giphy.gif

Montresor

Does 343 know about the audio log achievement problems? I feel sort of helpless here. It's on 343 (and the contracted developers) and Microsoft that the audio log achievements are a problem in the first place. But does 343 even know the problem exists?

Should it be our responsibility to tell them?

I mean, for fucking MONTHS people have reported on discussion forums that their audio log achievements are stuck at Done Unlocking. And yet this patch doesn't address that? So not a single Halo fan has tweeted 343/MS or posted on one of their official forums? It's all just been within private discussion forums like Neogaf? Or is 343 just incapable/apathetic about the issue?

Akai, have you opened a ticket with Xbox Support about your audio log stuff?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Just to add some positivity to this thread. I downloaded the patch last night and had no issues downloading it. Was prompted and it loaded fine. I play a game with no issue and it was stupid fast how quickly I was paired with other players and put into the game. One of the fastest I have had with the game.

Fuchsdh

Thanks.

On the plus side, 343 is still supporting MCC, even with Halo 5 coming soon. I don't doubt there will be a couple of more patches pending for MCC.

Honestly I'd be surprised if we got more than one post-Halo 5, although I'd love to be wrong. Bungie set the fine tradition of ignoring the previous game once the new one came out, and unfortunately 343 took up that mantle in many respects. Since MCC has the potential to remain a hub to play the old games I hope it gets more support.

In happy news, I got the "Who Needs Them" achievement on the Ark. Hilariously the AI on the Scarab is so focused on enemy players that it would continually snipe my idling MC with its AA turret while he was all the way at the top of the hill. Crazy aim.

So, I may be in the market for an Xbox One bundle (the holiday one, fingers crossed), and I'm currently debating between picking up TMCC or skipping ahead to Guardians. It's been so long since since I've last gotten into the series, I never got to beat ODST, and I have not played Reach or 4.

MCC only has 1 through 4 and ODST was only made available to early adopters who had to play through all the bullshit bugs (and still have to)

"Players will now receive a quit penalty and rank penalty for quitting any time after matchmaking voting begins in all matchmaking playlists, both ranked and unranked"

Hopefully I'm not penalized for quitting a match when I'm the only person left on my team, but I have my doubts.

I honestly cannot believe this was their solution. They seem to fundamentally not understand what the fuck a pain in the ass and waste of time it is for someone to go through a whole game, 1 v 4, because they don't want to get penalized, but their 3 teammates already left the game 25 kills ago.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
Patch download. Played one game of MP before I went to bed last night, no real issue.

Will wait for someone to test that Halo 3 achievement they fixed before I attempt it though.

Montresor

Patch download. Played one game of MP before I went to bed last night, no real issue.

Will wait for someone to test that Halo 3 achievement they fixed before I attempt it though.

One gaffer already did:

In happy news, I got the "Who Needs Them" achievement on the Ark. Hilariously the AI on the Scarab is so focused on enemy players that it would continually snipe my idling MC with its AA turret while he was all the way at the top of the hill. Crazy aim.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Same here. Didn't have that problem before the patch. Can't exit post-game stats after a custom game too.

Got through. Waited few minutes, canceled and tried again, it worked.

Can I please have your gamertags? I'm going to forward them over to investigate further. Feel free to PM them to me if you don't want to share in the thread.

Montresor

Can I please have your gamertags? I'm going to forward them over to investigate further. Feel free to PM them to me if you don't want to share in the thread.

Wow, this is cool. :) Even if I'm not experiencing this problem, thanks for doing this Tashi.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

Xcell Miguel

But I tried something : deleting my local save to make the console sync the cloud save, now I'm stuck out of the game because it won't sync, it always fails... :(

EDIT : I finally could sync my save by using my phone and its 4G network, but the "Downloading data" bug is still there :(

Spasm

I haven't played for a couple of weeks. Tried the new patch during lunch, and... Is Dominion new in BTB? It was actually kinda fun.

TrounceX

Is anyone stuck on "Downloading latest data. Please wait." after downloading new patch? Hard reboot didn't fix it.

I've been stuck on this screen for more than 2 weeks. I've tried all the fixes posted on the internet to no avail.

Just downloaded the patch and same thing.

Every time something like this happens I get stuck in a moral quandary about wtf I'm really doing here. I buy an Xbone again after selling it a year ago because of this game, with the idea being that I'll go into Halo 5 in good faith, but man, the mental gymnastics are getting tiring.

edit:

Can you check on mine too? I think you know my gt.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
And now the game just says I am not allowed to access MP, but my account settings did not change and I can access other games MP...

Seriously, when will this game be fixed ???

Halo 5 better have no problem at all.

EDIT: after restarting the console, back to "good old" infinite "downloading data"...

Montresor

Halo 5 achievements seem awesome. I'll be getting a minimum of 980/1000 gamerscore there. I think some ones like "Don't die on this level in heroic" might be something I'll skip but everything else seems fine.

Thank goodness for no par score or LASO stuff lol.

Halo 5 achievements seem awesome. I'll be getting a minimum of 980/1000 gamerscore there. I think some ones like "Don't die on this level in heroic" might be something I'll skip but everything else seems fine.

or legendary 3 hours or par time achievements. Not a bad list I'll definitely go for the full 1000.

How hard could that last one possibly be? Why skip just one seemingly easy cheev?

Montresor

How hard could that last one possibly be? Why skip just one seemingly easy cheev?

Well I'm at 965/1000 gamerscore in Halo 1 on 360 because of:

1) Beat The Library on Heroic without dying
2) Beat The Library on Legendary in under 30 minutes

I have no problems skipping small achievements and topping out at just under 1000 to save myself some grief. The Flood on The Library are too overwhleming for me. It's possible the Halo 5 "Don't die on this level" achievement may be easier so I guess I'll wait until the game comes out.

Fuchsdh

Well I'm at 965/1000 gamerscore in Halo 1 on 360 because of:

1) Beat The Library on Heroic without dying
2) Beat The Library on Legendary in under 30 minutes

I have no problems skipping small achievements and topping out at just under 1000 to save myself some grief. The Flood on The Library are too overwhleming for me. It's possible the Halo 5 "Don't die on this level" achievement may be easier so I guess I'll wait until the game comes out.

My only suggestion is play co-op for the second achievement, and solo for the first. You can save and quit to preserve your progress and then dashboard if you die, and that way prevent deaths from counting against you (you can also use skulls, although I found that Bandanna made me much more likely to die just because of how grenades act as chain-reacting nukes in the first game.)

You can run past a whole lot of enemies in the side corridors, so making it in thirty minutes really isn't that bad.

Montresor

cat-sad-gif-castration-620784.jpeg

Oh come on. Recently I reached Outskirts (level 2 in Halo 2) in the Master Chief Saga Playlist. My brother finally has an evening off from work so we sat down together to continue the playlist...

And it thinks we're at Halo (level 2 in Halo 1). Oh man, I don't even feel like touching this game anymore. Psychologyically I am just fucked here. I know I should just cut my losses and STOP trying to get this Master Chief Saga Playlist achievement. But I can't. I NEED my first playthrough for all 4 games to be via this playlist and it's just not working out.

343, I wish whichever your playtesters actually tested the Master Chief Saga Playlist... =(

Montresor

Here's a video showing this glitch. I don't know what I did incorrectly for this to come up. Oh well.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/game...ual&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

In the video you'll see I select the Master Chief Saga Playlist and it says 13/45 - that's a red flag right there. I've only completed 11 levels, not 13 (first 10 HaloCE levels and the first Halo2 level).

Next you'll see when I pick Master Chief Saga Playlist it literally shows Outskirts! That's the level my brother and I are on. We pick that, click OK, then for some reason the final screen before starting the playlist shows the second level of Halo 1... and here we are.

I give up on this achievement. It's 10 gamerscore and it's tainting my first exposure to all the Halo levels. I'll stick to chapter select... In case any 343 dev sees this, my gamertag is OdadjianActual and my brother's gamertag is Xbone 720p30fps. I'm the primary splitscreen player and my brother is the non-primary splitscreen player.

I'm not angry - just defeated.

Montresor

Huh - I just played around with chapter select and saw there's two selectable "levels" before Cairo Station in Halo 2 - Heretic and The Armory. Huh, so those two cutscenes count as levels. That means the 13/45 number that I saw makes sense.

BUT, of course the playlist is still kicking me to Halo (second level of Halo1) - nothing I can do about that unfortunately.

Edit: Well we're going to resume Halo 2 but in chapter select. I'm done with the playlists. I'll just probably cheese these playlist achievements by borrowing checkpoints on TA.com.

Karl2177

Played a couple games last night.

BTB - Halo 4 - CTF on Daybreak
Why 343i thought that the Banshee from Reach was a good idea, I don't know. One guy just kept doing tricks and bombing our base. We managed to win because the rest of the team was terrible. Something just felt "off" all game. Don't know if aim acceleration got messed up in Halo 4 with the last patch or if it was always messy.

Halo 3 - Halo 3 - Team BRs on Epilogue
I was rank 1, so I was teamed up with other rank 1s and against other rank 1s. I wrecked the other team getting a triple double in the process. Halo 3's aiming felt fine.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Finally the "Downloading latest data" is gone and I could play two games, the first one started at 3vs4, with one guy not playing... the second one was 4vs4, with one guy not playing in the opposite team...

Playing Halo 4 right now.

gt: Panda Owning Em

What's considered a good rank in MCC? I'm 12 in both 4 and CE and the competition is considerably stiffer now, still winning, but players are no longer be trash.

EDIT: Nevermind...level 12 - 18 people are still trash in Halo 4 (at least 75% of them are)

Does anyone know wtf a good rank is? My only reference is Halo 2 and being ranked 36 - 40 meant you were pretty stellar at the game, not sure if that still applies in MCC?

Top Bottom