• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Kings Field

Just watched the self filmed video of that idiot lighting himself on fire. Good way to show support for people who would gut you like a fish if they had a chance.

Sadly, there are a lot of this type in our military nowadays.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
d5JGerO.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
Air Force guy protesting by setting himself on fire (and dying later in hospital). Video is censored, but still a bit hard to watch (rather listen). Some of the dumbest shit I have seen. Looked it up on other subs in reddit where he gets celebrated. I dont understand how anyone can support this.

I think February is the record for a Darwin Award of the year.

I think February is the record for a Darwin Award of the year.
That's the main problem with a lot of western military - like who will go and fight to protect the state for any case? Sure, there will be some people - but it won't be migrants for sure, some groups won't want to fight against some other groups and so on. Some people will escape to other countries.

Last edited:

wa600

So.. apparently that guy even livestreamed this on twitch. Good job filming your own death and making such content available to children..
He used acebush1 as his alias, you can also (still) find him on reddit. I mean even without context it was clear this guy wasn't sane.

This is him after Oct 7th:
Imagine going to a music event within sight of a giant concentration camp wall where millions of people have been corralled to make room for your music festival
No decent human being would be able to enjoy such an event

Yes I work for the air force and would also have no right to complain about violent resistance against my actions.
You’re missing the point of my first comment which was that those people’s fun at the music festival was specifically built on Palestinian suffering. There are no innocent civilians in seller colonialism. Being a settler is inherently violent.

This is [part of] his last message 3 days ago:
Whiteness erases culture.
[...]

tommib

So.. apparently that guy even livestreamed this on twitch. Good job filming your own death and making such content available to children..
He used acebush1 as his alias, you can also (still) find him on reddit. I mean even without context it was clear this guy wasn't sane.

Intersectionality radicalism and Hamas talking points. Pure brain rot and mental illness that ends up with you harming yourself and others.

Ogbert

Do we know what his Reee account name was?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Events like these are proof of how effective the emotional manipulation aspects of terrorism can be. Which is why it's so important to call out emotional manipulation when you see it.

This man was literally manipulated into feeling such tremendous guilt for something that is completely unrelated to him that he took his own life. He was a victim of extremely effective psychological warfare. And the worst thing is that the perpetrators of this crime are nameless and faceless.

Last edited:
Events like these are proof of how effective the emotional manipulation aspects of terrorism can be. Which is why it's so important to call out emotional manipulation when you see it.

This man was literally manipulated into feeling such tremendous guilt for something that is completely unrelated to him that he took his own life. He was a victim of extremely effective psychological warfare. And the worst thing is that the perpetrators of this crime are nameless and faceless.

I dunno if I’d call him a victim, I think the terms moron or idiot are more appropriate.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I dunno if I’d call him a victim, I think the terms moron or idiot are more appropriate.

Those are not mutually exclusive. Obviously this person was mentally susceptible. The point is that terrorism has a strong emotional component that can push people to behave much more irrationally than they would otherwise. We're seeing it with the pro Hamas protests, with the ridiculous tik-tokers, with gen Z discovering and drooling over Bin Laden's Letter to America.

There is a wave of insanity sweeping through the world, and terrorist propaganda is to blame.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Air Force guy protesting by setting himself on fire (and dying later in hospital). Video is censored, but still a bit hard to watch (rather listen). Some of the dumbest shit I have seen. Looked it up on other subs in reddit where he gets celebrated. I dont understand how anyone can support this.

I watched the video and wow, that guy kept screaming "Free Palestine" a lot longer than I would have thought. The irony of self immoliation over Israelis "colonizing" Israel whilst being a white guy in the US seems lost on him though.

Still, we shouldn't mock him too much, at least he did it in the right order. Suicide FIRST, then killing spree. We need to encourage more loonies to do it this way if they just gonna make a statement.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
If you want to look into it even further, even the Bush Jr. admin's wild goose chase after weapons of mass destruction can be seen as mass paranoia on a national scale. It's important to recognize these signs of successful psychological warfare so that we can build societies that are less susceptible to it.

The Iranian revolution is another example of a very successful terrorist propaganda campaign that managed to completely destabilize what was a modern country with an intelligent, secular population. Don't think we are immune to contracting such sickness, that would be very naive.

Remember the famous experiment where regular people were put in a facility and given roles of prisoners and jailors, and how they gradually descended into violence and martial law on their own. There was a counter-experiment in which a planted individual was directed to point out this insanity and act in a humane way to the would-be-prisoners, and once the other jailors saw his example, they went back to behaving rationally and the aggression was averted.

The conclusion is that minds are susceptible, just like bodies are susceptible. And the treatment for sick, violent thinking is healthy, rational thinking.

Seems like an escalation here in the north with Hizbollah. Yesterday was a big rocket barrage and this morning I woke up to booms and my room shaking. Turns out that it was a huge barrage of rockets from Hizbollah which ended up slamming into a mountain in the Golan Heights. I live less than an hour away from their by car.

Also at that twitter thread. So ignorant of history. The Arabs are the colonists here. But whatever, why know real history when you can be a comfortable far left wing American with zero life experience in the real world.

Pricks.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The responses to this are disturbing. Guy says dude who lit himself on fire was mentally disturbed. People respond by saying essentially you don't understand the noble thing he did.

Meicyn

Gold Member
That's the main problem with a lot of western military - like who will go and fight to protect the state for any case? Sure, there will be some people - but it won't be migrants for sure, some groups won't want to fight against some other groups and so on. Some people will escape to other countries.
This is not a problem at all. Using an outlier and proclaiming that there is a core problem with western militaries is straight up absurd.

wa600

The responses to this are disturbing. Guy says dude who lit himself on fire was mentally disturbed. People respond by saying essentially you don't understand the noble thing he did.

Yeah.. already seen these kind of horrible takes on reddit.
What blows my mind is how many of those comments defending his act have either a palestinian flag, some lgbt+ flag or pronouns in their bio. Thats like a huge majority.
Surely havent read every reply, but from those calling it out I've only seen one person with a rainbow flag in their bio. No pronouns, no palestinian flag.

vrCAFMS.jpg

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

Their name is literally a supportive message to grooming. Brisket is the fan name for people who support the change of Guilty Gears Bridget to being trans. Literally making the character a groomed character.

That alone would show they are mentally deranged. The rest of their posts/account is just icing on the cake of lunacy.

StueyDuck

The game literally starts with a video of your loving civil family being viciously torn to shreds on their home planet unprovoked ...

Funny how again they ignore that horrific part of the story. Those defending (literally defend is used throughout the game) superearth are "colonisers".

Are we allowed to physically slap these morons yet? This level of stupidity wont be fixed with education.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
The game literally starts with a video of your loving civil family being viciously torn to shreds on their home planet unprovoked ...

Funny how again they ignore that horrific part of the story. Those defending (literally defend is used throughout the game) superearth are "colonisers".

Are we allowed to physically slap these morons yet? This level of stupidity wont be fixed with education.
Wait a minute…while I agree it’s completely insane to be like “I can’t enjoy HD2 because of Palestine,” I would ask if you do realize that the game is emulating Starship Troopers and the fascist bravado and propaganda pieces are exactly that…right? “Defend” is the punchline.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely enjoy playing games where we’re the baddies and don’t feel some weird white guilt about it due to real world events. But if you’re trying to justify being the baddies because of obvious in-universe propaganda pieces…whoo buddy you’re missing the point.

StueyDuck

Wait a minute…while I agree it’s completely insane to be like “I can’t enjoy HD2 because of Palestine,” I would ask if you do realize that the game is emulating Starship Troopers and the fascist bravado and propaganda pieces are exactly that…right? “Defend” is the punchline.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely enjoy playing games where we’re the baddies and don’t feel some weird white guilt about it due to real world events. But if you’re trying to justify being the baddies because of obvious in-universe propaganda pieces…whoo buddy you’re missing the point.
It's not really the story of starship troopers or helldivers though.

It does make fun of the military industrial complex , but it's still not really fascism. Paul verhoven made an interesting take on the visual design and military of the movie likening them to fascists...

But they still aren't actually fascists. Also colonialism isn't fascism either.

There's a strong misunderstanding of what fascism actually was.

Top Bottom