• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harada bodies idiot on Twitter

Couldn't help myself and had to check. Purple board is all-in on bashing Harada. Not a good look, tonedeaf, yikes, if a minority tells you something is wrong 😧

Newsflash. "Minorities" aren't exalted saints and say dumb shit just like other humans all the time. Source: I am one and look at my post history lulz.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

Inclusiveness never made sense to begin with. Try as you might, you can never include absolutely everybody in your game, somebody will always be left out. Therefore you will always be racist/sexist/ableist or whatever other term there is out there.
So no effect should be made in producing a product because people are going to complain?

I find that hard to believe .

Skifi28

So no effect should be made in producing a product because people are going to complain?

I find that hard to believe .
The effort should be made in making the product you want to as a developer/producer. There's no point trying to tick checkboxes and pleasing nobody while also alienating your existing fans. Just make a good game and piss off those that would have been offended anyway.

shamoomoo

I think you missed the point he was trying to make.

It's not that you shouldn't try to please anybody; it's that you shouldn't try to please everybody.
I guess it's contextual,but Skifi28 is weird to me. Obviously no can know or be considerate of possible human expression but if a product is being made for a specific demographic vs a general demographic and the creator is astute, he/she will include stuff to attract that targeted demographic.

I'm not suggesting to caving into troll behavior but it's a strange thing on what might see as inclusive.

shamoomoo

The effort should be made in making the product you want to as a developer/producer. There's no point trying to tick checkboxes and pleasing nobody while also alienating your existing fans. Just make a good game and piss off those that would have been offended anyway.
That isn't entirely true, Infamous 2 character face was changed and the developer switched back to the older look because some fans weren't happy about that.

If a developer/producer knows best, I'm not saying that is always true then they shouldn't have to adjust their work if the end product resembles what they were striving for to being with.

Soodanim

Here comes a new challenger:

Harada wins via OHKO

Her profile is 99% racial negativity, but credit where it's due:

Foxy
@FoxyJazzabelle
·
4h

I took a nap and awoke to a shitstorm, oy!Folks who actually know me informed me I was wrong on the number of Black characters in Tekken, so I deeply apologize for my mistake.Will delete and go eat my rice.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
DDZC8aC.jpg

Bloody weirdos.

SeraphJan

Harada nails it, the representation of Japanese character in western media is terrible, however I rarely see Japanese complain about it.

FunkMiller

If Twitter deleted all the sad cunts who just want somebody to pay attention to what they say - whatever they say - it'd be shut down faster than you can say virtue signalling dickheads.

FeralEcho

"furry anime lover"

... with a fart fetish.

Just imagine his parents when they meet his boyfriend for the first time. What thoughts will be going through their minds when they meet their son's lover for the first time? :pie_disappointed:
Every fart at that familly table will be attributed to one person....That boyfriend better be ready for the looks he'll receive...

SkylineRKR

Brave attempt by Harada but he should've ignored it after looking at these profiles. He/him, furry, gaymer and Afrofeminist are huge red flags. You can't reason with these.

stn

Credit to that Twitter user for at least owning up to her mistake and apologizing, but if she knew it was wrong she shouldn't have said anything in the first place. Society has too many lazy intellectuals who talk about things they don't know, but I suppose that's a by-product of Twitter.

bender

What time is it?
I took a nap and awoke to a shitstorm, oy!Folks who actually know me informed me I was wrong on the number of Black characters in Tekken, so I deeply apologize for my mistake.Will delete and go eat my rice.

giphy.gif

shamoomoo

giphy.gif
How? I hope you are joking. Rice cultivation isn't unique to groups in Asia, some African where brought to what would be the U.S for that reason and if that lady is a Black American then there's a likelihood she could have ancestors who grew rice.

Neon Xenon

The only remotely important takeaway from this "situation" is that Twitter continues to be a fucking stupid shithole of a platform that isn't worth your time, bandwidth, or brain cells.

Reactions: stn

stn

So Eddy has now been revealed to be the first DLC character and just as expected, ...zero fucking word from the idiot who tweeted Harada, another political poser as usual.
Plot twist: Harada went and created Eddy right away only because of the complaint (it would be funny if it were true, but screw that loser for calling Harada and the team racist for no reason. I really hope he gets smacked in the face with the Eddy trailer).

Top Bottom