• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has any 2023 release topped Elden Ring?

Has any major 2023 release topped Elden Ring?

• Total voters

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
TOTK has the most 10 ratings in metacritic histories and is selling faster than Elden Rings and it's only on one platforms but Elden Ring did great to

Thats pretty wild when you factor its on 1 platform.

imho I think many games will top Elden Ring if we are just talking about subjective opinions or something (clearly by sales many games will top it anyway lol) Spiderman 2 is going to fucking do gangbusters lol

I'm happy for those that liked that game last year, thus far....most games I played this year, I like better then Elder Ring and the year isn't over.

Loved RE4 and Dead Space remake, enjoyed Hogwarts Legacy, loving FFXVI (like a lot) and will likely get BG3 day 1, Starfield as well as Spiderman 2. (Lies Of P is a wait for me as I don't see me having the time this year to pick it up day 1 or something)

So no disrespect to Elder Ring btw, I just liked the other Souls titles much more, Demon Souls, BloodBorne, Sekrio etc.

Apocryphon

I find souls games to be boring as fuck, Sekiro aside. TotK was disappointing too so I voted for RE4 since Dead Space was missing from the poll 😂

Rockondevil

I enjoyed Elden Ring a lot more than TOTK.
I still haven’t bothered finishing Zelda, whereas I couldn’t put Elden Ring down.

But Nintendo games always get a bonus point to any scores so it definitely has the review side down.

StereoVsn

I enjoyed Elden Ring more then any other Souls game. That said it really became somewhat of a slog on some bosses...which I circumvented with judicial mods. 😉

That said, I haven't really picked up anything new this year, except for BG3 EA. And yeah, Baldur's Gate 3 will absolutely beat Elden Ring for me (from what I have seen so far in EA).

And we still have Starfield and Spider-Man 2 this year.

I haven't played the new Zelda yet because I am fed up with performance of larger games on the Switch and didn't feel like buying it just to rip and play on PC like I have done with a bunch of Switch games already. Will dive in next year when Switch 2 releases (hopefully).

Metroid Prime Remastered. And maybe RE4R though I haven’t played yet to be sure. Other than that, no way - Elden Ring was a phenomenon and something really special.

T-0800

The problem like most people on here, I have not played every game on that list so I can't say which is the best. If it was strictly between TOTK and Eldin Ring, I would give it to Zelda but only just. I do find it amazing that we obsess over graphics and performance and yet the two most popular games on the list are technically the worst. Gameplay is king.

True. But Elden Ring PS4 version runs at a locked 60fps on PS5. Much better than the native PS5 version.

nemiroff

Gold Member
No, and most likely none will..

..Except perhaps Starfield which hopefully will come closer than most have.

mcmanic

I hated all the old Soul games but as soon as I tried Elden Ring I was hooked until completion. For me nothing has surpassed this game yet in 2023.

Top Bottom