• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever seen something selling dirt cheap on Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alejob

Like lets say a 20000 dollar car for $1000 or something like that.
A PS2 for $5.

I'm just wondering if there is a posibilty of getting lucky on ebay.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
No you never get lucky. The prices raise fast near the end of the auction.

swoon

i got the season 3 box set of homicde for 25 shipped.

you can get some real deals if you get lucky.

rc213

I've gotten some pretty good deals on XBOX games:

RtCW : Tides of War $7
Midtown Madness 3 $8
Project Gotham Racing 2 $8

Add about $3 for shipping and those are some decent deals. =) I usually look for auctions ending between late night-early morning, less people to worry about bidding.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
The only possible way to get an overly-good deal on eBay is to anticipate the spelling mistakes a seller might make. My cousin once got a top-loading NES for like $15 using this technique.

Pimpwerx

If you're not looking for popular items, you can get very lucky very easily. Just look and don't bid until the last 5-10 minutes of the auction. Otherwise, you're just wasting time and making the item unnecessarily more expensive. If you're looking for something mainstream, then you'll get the price lower than anywhere else, but then you'll get raped with the ubiquitous $10-20 shipping charge. Yup, buy a single sock on eBay for 50 cents, and pay $10 for shipping and handling...and maybe a couple of dollars extra for insurance. Highway-fucking-robbery. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom