• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HDTVTest - TCL Unleash 163-inch Micro LED TV with 10,000 Nits HDR

Puscifer

nuclear explosion bomb GIF

That's more nits than IMAX

Last edited:

King Dazzar

We're getting to the point where size constraints are no longer with the TV, but with access to your home being the limitation. My 85" LCD, due to depth, only just managed to get into mine due to a stairwell (which is wide and modern). I know of others taking out their lounge window area to get a TV in. Then I think back to having 4 of us struggle moving a 36" Panasonic CRT into a lounge.... wow do things move on.

Killer8

Yeah, no thanks. Too pre-occupied with whether they could that they didn't think if they should. Fully flexing 1000 nits already feels too bright in a darkened room.

Imtjnotu

How can anyone say this is the future when physically we can't get it to normal house hold sizes with out breaking the laws of physics

Xtib81

See you in 2050 when the average person will be able to buy one. So far, it's 1000$/inch lmao, I mean I even have to wonder if it will ever be affordable.
WTF at those sizes by the way? Are people living in mansions now?
That being said, it does look spectacular.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
The only reason its 160inch big is because they cant produce and reliably place the micro leds in a more compact size. Hope we see 65" micro LED within the next five years hit the market.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
You'd need to build the house around it.
And then it breaks and you can't even send it to repairs, 'cause even the windows aren't large enough.
I wouldn't mind a 100" version of that. I wonder how much that would be?

baphomet

This was Sony's first OLED back in 2007! It cost $2,499.99 and boasts a massive resolution of 960x540 at 11 inches!

Sony_oled.jpg

Fast, but that's still 15 years ago.

Assuming 15 years to buy a micro LED TV at 85'' under $4,000, a lot of folks on here will be getting up in those twilight years.

I remember that TV though. We couldn't even give them away. Our display model was broken within a month.

I blame 4k! If they did 1080p MicroLED screens then we'd already be down to 43 inch by now! Our lust for resolution has kept us from the better tech!
Nah pixel pitch is huge in MicroLED still, tech needs improvement until it's good for home use.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeah, no thanks. Too pre-occupied with whether they could that they didn't think if they should. Fully flexing 1000 nits already feels too bright in a darkened room.
Like I said, this things has more nits than fucking IMAX who needs this, it's comedic lmao
In a darkened room, why do you think movie theaters don't have windows?

Some of us consume content through the day and myself personally I like having my windows wide open because of my view I have daily

Give me those 10k nits I wont complain

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Honest question what is too much nits ?
I'm literally blinded by a 1000 nits tv .
I feel like 10000 nits would just burn my eyes
For the normal person viewing in the average living room maybe basement yeah its too much

Someone like myself that has a ton of natural light streaming into my living room it overpowers even my QN90 that can push 2k nits so give me all the nits

Top Bottom