• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer will be on the Kinda Funny XCast tomorrow

FrankWza

reservoir dogs film GIF by Lionsgate Home Entertainment

feynoob

Let's hope Phil never tweeted a dad joke or else Miller might have to cancel him.
How about I give you preview of unreleased version about those dad jokes?

1. Why did Phil Spencer bring a ladder to E3? Because he wanted to climb the leaderboard!

2. Did you hear about the time Phil Spencer played a game of chess against a computer? He won, because he knows all about check-mates!

3. Why did Phil Spencer cross the road? To get to the Xbox store on the other side!

4. Why did Phil Spencer go to the doctor? Because he had a case of Xbox-itis!

5. Did you hear about Phil Spencer's favorite game? It's called "Halo there, neighbor!"

6. What did Phil Spencer say to the console when it stopped working? "Xbox-cuse me, but you need to start working again!"

7. Why did Phil Spencer invite his Xbox to his barbecue? Because it's always ready to grill and chill!

8. Why did Phil Spencer become a gamer? Because he heard the graphics were out of this world!

9. What did Phil Spencer say to his friends when he beat a difficult level in a game? "I'm the Xbox champ-ion!"

10. Why did Phil Spencer dress up as a pirate for Halloween? Because he wanted to play Sea of Thieves in real life!

Last edited:
1. We respect the CMA's decision, but we're working on appeals. We will do our best to ensure that Xbox is a great place to play Activision titles in the future. No we are not done with acquisitions.

2. Arkane are a great developer. We hear you, and we intend to do better. Arkane has a great history of linear, small scale games and we intend to support them as they return to what they do best. In the mean time we will be updating Redfall. I will let Bethesda handle their own roadmap messaging on that when they're ready. Death threats are not okay.

3. Be ready for E3, should be neato.

-----------------------------------

GAF: I'm so mad (x100 pages).

ToTTenTranz

Banned
All the softballs and shilling will be kinda funny to watch.
Pretty sure Phil will be telling everyone how much of a gamer he is.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Thanks for the heads up! Good to see him go public even if it may be scripted as fuck.
These guys won't ask the questions that need to be asked. They don't have the cojones and Phil knows it, hence he's agreed to this.
Even then there will be some interesting tidbits I think. Do we really need a Why you suck speech like Peter molyneux got? Honestly between the CMA decision, the Redfall rushed state, the June showcase and what/ if there is something waiting for Xbox fans between now and June there is potential for a great session. Unless they go full alternate reality were the CMA block is just a delay, and Redfall is fine with maybe a bug or two. And that would be really funny too, so not a big loss. I liked the Xbox on interview that he made a few months ago. I liked his phrase "exclusives are like marketing beats for a platform" that he said back then. This could be good, and I say that without irony. At worse we will have a laught, but at best we can see what he is thinking about the state of Xbox right now. Nothing to loose after all.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The over/under on the KF shills saying "GamePass is the best value in gaming" to Phil currently stands at 2.5 times. Who's got the over and who's got the under?

Top Bottom