• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer will be on the Kinda Funny XCast tomorrow

Phil Spencer needs to talk a lot less and work a lot more and a lot better.
Microsoft needs someone competent in front of the Xbox division.
Jokes on us thats been his job this whole time a PR mouthpiece he's just a face for Xbox with no substantive answers to tough questioning. His go to move is always "I'll talk to the teams" well shit you've talked to the teams so damn much I would think you'd gain some insight by now

Kinda funny wont ask hard questions because they need all the sponsorship money they can get
Doesn't really matter what anyone asks. Anyone with a brain can predict basic PR answers. Video game execs don't make announcements or answer questions unless they want to.

They're not going to get into CMA stuff beyond basic PR. They're not making new announcements. They're not throwing their own employees at Arkane under the bus. They have an event coming in a month.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

HXH4URV.jpg

Elios83

I bet they won't be allowed to make any hard question and the purpose is just to start hyping the June showcase.

Topher

Gold Member
1. We respect the CMA's decision, but we're working on appeals. We will do our best to ensure that Xbox is a great place to play Activision titles in the future. No we are not done with acquisitions.

2. Arkane are a great developer. We hear you, and we intend to do better. Arkane has a great history of linear, small scale games and we intend to support them as they return to what they do best. In the mean time we will be updating Redfall. I will let Bethesda handle their own roadmap messaging on that when they're ready. Death threats are not okay.

3. Be ready for E3, should be neato.

-----------------------------------

GAF: I'm so mad (x100 pages).

Also GAF: Make it about GAF

Obviously aware of what the general reaction to RedFall would be , needs a platform to push PR smoothness.that of course plenty will lap up once again. It was probably set up weeks ago.

And of course Jez Corden is out there again with articles and narrative pushing. Not all of us are daft Jez, I see you mate.

Cyberpunkd

1. We respect the CMA's decision, but we're working on appeals. We will do our best to ensure that Xbox is a great place to play Activision titles in the future. No we are not done with acquisitions.

2. Arkane are a great developer. We hear you, and we intend to do better. Arkane has a great history of linear, small scale games and we intend to support them as they return to what they do best. In the mean time we will be updating Redfall. I will let Bethesda handle their own roadmap messaging on that when they're ready. Death threats are not okay.

Cbs Police GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Thief1987

Imagine typing this shit and not be embarrassed.

Chukhopops

People are ITT literally inventing quotes that Phil might say tomorrow in order to jerk about those in a circular formation, Jesus Christ it’s stage 4 at this point.

SHA

GM is a fanboy, nobody trust him, he hates pc so much, he should be ashamed for doing all this at his age.

MacReady13

Can't believe what I'm reading from some in here. Phil is the guy that "saved" Xbox by making a subscription service and many were touting how revolutionary it was/is! Phil is a fucking hack who will tell you what he wants you to hear and that's it.

He ONLY introduced backward compat and subscription service cause he could not and will not beat Sony in the console race, and he shifted the narrative from consoles sold to "hours played on game pass"! The guy has, in my opinion, ruined the Xbox brand after it copped a battering during the pre launch of the Xbox One era. I went from being a 360 only gamer leading into the Xbox One to purchasing a PS4 and now almost exclusively play on PS5.

Rac3r

Some Xbox fanboys have been calling for Phil's head on twitter recently, so the reaction to this interview should be interesting.

Top Bottom