• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Headphones

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hey Guys!

I used to use a set of beats for music, I am looking for a pair of headphones to primarily use on my switch so preferably with the ability to be wired and wireless (because Nintendo inexplicably wont let me use my bluetooth for a pair of headphones). Looking for something on the nicer end noise cancelling anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Logitech-G933-Diadema-Wireless_700x700_3.jpg

Logitech g933 spectrum, i like the sound surround, are cool and is wireless

i use them for nintendo switch docked

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I’ve used Bose QC35s for around 4 years now and I can’t recommend them highly enough. They’re probably my most prized possession (other than my house). Everything about them is perfect.

images

teezzy

Banned
Sony makes the best headphones in the industry. Find your style and budget and proceed from there.

YCoCg

Sony makes the best headphones in the industry. Find your style and budget and proceed from there.
Don't go for their cheapest though, they're basic but if you can get anything from their mid to high range for a cheap price, then do it, I've used these for years now and the quality is amazing and one of the reasons I'm resisting switching to wireless...
71-BMoy981L._AC_SX466_.jpg

teezzy

Banned
Y YCoCg Ha! I actually have the MDR-1Rs. More or less the same exact pair, but apparently yours were a re-release of mine and sound slightly better.

Those ear pads though feel like straight up clouds. Comfiest headphones ever.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
That can't be true. Any site that measures things in an objective way has very few Sony models on their lists. Bit I digress.

Eh? That's simply not true, the WH-1000XM3s are some of the best headphones on the market, they show up near the top of most of these lists, and there's a few other models that are usually further down.

I own a pair and wouldn't trade them for anything, I tried the Bose QC35s and although they were nice too, the preset soundstage, bass, extra noise cancellation and overall comfort on the Sony pair is too good for me to switch away from.

teezzy

Banned
That can't be true. Any site that measures things in an objective way has very few Sony models on their lists. Bit I digress.

Possibly. I don't visit sites like that, so I wouldn't know. With any audiophile discussion, the higher you go up in price, you eventually get to the point of diminishing returns.

There's variance in models, but of all the notable enthusiast brands I've sampled: Sennheiser, Koss, Focal, Audio Technica; I've preferred my Sony set's overall sound signature.

Sony are a reliable brand which make everything from cheaper earbuds to models which are comparable to the best of the bunch. They all sound excellent per their price range.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I’ve used Bose QC35s for around 4 years now and I can’t recommend them highly enough. They’re probably my most prized possession (other than my house). Everything about them is perfect.

images
I’m tempted to order myself a set of these. My Apple earbuds aren’t really cutting it anymore.

Jooxed

Gold Member

images

I think i am going to pull the trigger on a pair of these finally.

Papa

Banned
I think i am going to pull the trigger on a pair of these finally.

You won’t regret it. Bose had a big sale earlier in the year and I got my wife a pair of the limited edition rose gold QC35s. If you end up getting them, let me know what you think.

Erdrick

I just picked up a pair of WH-1000XM3's today on sale with $100 off the price for just under $400 CDN. I've always used basic earbuds that had a little extra bass wired into my phone's jack or in my pc for that type of sound, so this is a massive upgrade for me in terms of all aspects. Just recharging them after using them right out of the package for a few hours. I made the mistake of plugging them into my PS4 and playing P.T. I noped out of that pretty damn fast. I've got a basic surround system as a setup but playing with these things (They don't appear to pair wirelessly with the PS4, but I knew that before buying anyway. Wired works via the controller.) bring a whole new level of intimacy in terms of how you are aware now.

I figured I'd treat myself and enjoy being able to listen to podcasts without any wire hassles and such. No regrets. They're comfy and at some points, you forget they're on.

Considering getting the earbud variant down the line as well, as these have impressed me.

Top Bottom