• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 previews dropping

Looks pretty good. Keen as. Will be there day one on PS5. No mention of frame rate and graphical options though. Hope there is a performance mode that runs at 60fps.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

Looks pretty good. Keen as. Will be there day one on PS5. No mention of frame rate and graphical options though. Hope there is a performance mode that runs at 60fps.

Read the pushsquare article and the comments below, the previewer said it felt like a smooth 60fps throughout.

Starship Troopers Thank You GIF

Last edited:

demigod

I'm so ready for this... I want it now.

For super earth💪

(It's the best starship troopers game, even better than that actual starship troopers game that we got last year or whenever)
Really? I was about to buy it last week since it was a couple of bucks off msrp but waited for this instead.

Luipadre

I really hope there is a UI scale slider. It should be mandatory in every game

Last edited:

Luipadre

Framerate still looks all over the place tho and the resolution in performacne mode looks really low aswell. Probably going with PC on this one

How do you know this is a worse game..? If it's anything like the first one it's going to be awesome fun.

A worse game?

More of a question. There is a “?” at the end.

This game looks better and more polished than that turd in every sense. What do you mean?

Not to me, it doesn’t. Looks decent low budget title.

Dont get me wrong, its my type of game, i will play heck out of it when i get the chance.

Does look slightly generic and overly safe though. Compared to Suicide Squad which has a new gameplay system.

What you on about? What’s the conspiracy here? Explain this to all of us, please.

ROFL, no.

I know I have some bad takes, but this IS a bad take. It will get better reviews if it's a better game, unless graphics and DC IP's apparently give you +20% score.
Not a conspiracy unless it actually does score higher. Remains to be seen.

Markio128

If I see a few of my UK buddies playing this game, then I’ll probably get it. It could still be fun with randoms though.

I don't see how this game will score lower than a 63 on Metacritic.

Suicide Squad has a 63 Metacritic as of now.

Do you really think Helldivers 2, based on the videos and previews you've seen, has any chance of scoring lower than a 63?

Can go either way. But hopefully they will have some legit justification if it does score higher, for sake of their credibility.

demigod

Only have 1 PS5 until the Pro so i’ll be getting this for PC to play with my son and maybe his friends.

Can go either way. But hopefully they will have some legit justification if it does score higher, for sake of their credibility.
You talk like Suicide Squad is a great game and those scores aren't justified lmao. Nothing about Helldivers 2 seems to be on that level and i also don't even see why reviewers need "legit justification" for Helldivers 2 to score higher than a terrible game.

Bilu

"Though, it strikes at the heart of what Helldivers 2 is all about: fun. The game is the perfect excuse to switch your brain off (to a degree) and down legions of bugs all for army generals who couldn't care less whether you die or not".

Turn your brain off boys, but only for this game, not for others. Another curious case of good relations between journalists and Sony.

lol-super-emoji.gif

Am assuming its gonna get better reviews than Suicide Squad, despite being a worse game?
What are you talking about. Completely different games despite both being GaaS. This is a coop shooter ie. Deep Rock Galactic or Left 4 Dead(ish). It'll be a better game because the game looks better.

The main issue that comes up is possibly a lack of content. The game will live or die depending on how it delivers content, but for £35 I'm on board with what they have currently.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Whats the expectations for review son this one?

It's only £24.99 on PC but I am a little concerned about the DRM. Has it been proven to be ok?

Also, would anyone be willing to play at a decent UK time with a rat?

Top Bottom