• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 previews dropping

drezz

I see we can go FPS(Optional) When aiming down the sights, but I wish we could be FPS all the time(Optional).

Getting even more of the bug guts in my mouth.

And then a "Super" Reach... Gib PSVR2 version!
Submit Matt Groening GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Zheph

"Though, it strikes at the heart of what Helldivers 2 is all about: fun. The game is the perfect excuse to switch your brain off (to a degree) and down legions of bugs all for army generals who couldn't care less whether you die or not".

Turn your brain off boys, but only for this game, not for others. Another curious case of good relations between journalists and Sony.

lol-super-emoji.gif
why is this game hurting some of you so much? this is embarrassing to read

drotahorror

We need a topic where to put the names of people whoi are gonna play this one so we can do some coop.

I'm ready to distribute some democracy.

P.s. is there any preview with only gameplay footage, i can't stand any voice-over :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Yeah I wouldn't mind teaming up some people. If no one does shit I'll pm you so we can squad up. If not I'm going solo.

cormack12

Gold Member
I always love a good coop game but I have so much to play and not sure I have room. But the price is tempting me

I watched one of the preview videos and I'm intrigued. But can you play with bots rather than with humans? Because friendly fire and the internet has me a bit concerned. I looked around some online but couldn't find any info on this.

If you think it even has a remote chance of scoring less than 63, then I seriously doubt your ability to view games, your experience as a gamer, and your understanding of the gaming industry and reviews.

Well, Suicide Squad did dipped below that.

It has brand new gameplay system, AAA polish etc.

With Redfall, I understand lower scores were due to unfinished game on release.

But both Rocksteady and Arkane are prolific developers and their games are step up over generic stuff.

What this game is doing that deserves to be rated higher??

But both Rocksteady and Arkane are prolific developers and their games are step up over generic stuff.

The answer is in your own question here:
- It has brand new gameplay system, AAA polish etc.

Yes it has all that, but is any of it good? And AAA polishing a turd, doesn’t change your turd into a beautiful Nubian princess.

- What this game is doing that deserves to be rated higher??

Well, it actually looks like a fun game. We will have to see how the reviews will go but I don’t get the idea why this game can’t have positive reviews while the other game you mention is a 9 years in the making complete failure on so many levels.

Loved the first game, this is just releasing at the wrong time, will still be busy with Yakuza and Tekken 8 before FFVIIR launches, looks great though 👌

Punished Miku

Gold Member
"Though, it strikes at the heart of what Helldivers 2 is all about: fun. The game is the perfect excuse to switch your brain off (to a degree) and down legions of bugs all for army generals who couldn't care less whether you die or not".

Turn your brain off boys, but only for this game, not for others. Another curious case of good relations between journalists and Sony.

lol-super-emoji.gif
Nothing new there. I honestly just ignore all reviews now. The whole industry is a joke.

The game looks fine though.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
He’s got a point though.

The first Helldivers was hugely overrated. A game that was almost good and then went out of its way to make sure you weren’t having fun with its irritating controls and dull missions.

This has ‘critical darling but not actually that good’ written all over it.
Not at all. The 1st game -- while may not be for you -- is far from overrated. It is quite good in almost every aspect, and gamers love it.

4IerTLP.jpg

Just admit that you don't like the game and want it to do worse than Suicide Squad.

lol-super-emoji.gif

The Rock What GIF

Last edited:

Ogbert

Not at all. The 1st game -- while may not be for you -- is far from overrated. It is quite good in almost every aspect, and gamers love it.

4IerTLP.jpg
Fair enough.

I’ve never known a game go more out its way to *almost* be great but then add shit, annoying mechanics that take you out of the moment to moment gunplay. The crawling, the weird grenade controls and those godawful call-ins where you had to do button prompt commands.

I’ll pick this up regardless as I’m always keen on shooters.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Absolutely here for this game. I'm assuming it will have matchmaking, though I'll likely want to see how viable solo is as, while hilarious, the friendly-fire nature of the game I think is going to annoy more than amuse.

Holy Shit this uncut gameplay looks amazing! I was getting concerned about lack of any previews or uncut gameplay. 100% in day 1

Shouldn't have watched this. My anticipation was low-key, and now it's off the charts. This looks funking amazing. I only dabbled in HD1 and while enjoyable, it didn't hook me. This is just. . .god damn.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Still don't get the helldivers 2 hatred on this site.

It's such an inconsequential game in the all the warz... its just alot of fun and even more with friends. It's like being mad at tekken or an f1 game

demigod

It's such an inconsequential game in the all the warz... its just alot of fun and even more with friends. It's like being mad at tekken or an f1 game
It’s a Sony game that’s why.

Absolutely feels enjoyable game, I really liked the action quality and especially the animations in the videos. But I'll be pissed if there's no turning off/scaling that HUD, It looks abnormally shitty.

StueyDuck

Fanboyism + It being one of Sony's 1st GaaS titles.
It’s a Sony game that’s why.
Thing Is... while I don't think either of you are wrong.

It still just baffles me because of the game it is.

It's like being mad at grounded or pentiment, or being mad at tetris 99 or the new Mario/DK game.

They are just such small inconsequential games.

If people are worried people are buying ps5s instead of xboxs or switchs for helldivers 2 then I promise you all that you have nothing to fear.

Helldivers 2 is not the game to be mad at

Last edited:

demigod

Ahh damnit, I am driving to Ohio for work on the 7th so i’ll have to play on laptop and controller.

Previews are a lot more positive than I expected I wasn't planning on buying but idk man a 4 player co-op will be a nice distraction from Destiny

Killjoy-NL

Thing Is... while I don't think either of you are wrong.

It still just baffles me because of the game it is.

It's like being mad at grounded or pentiment, or being mad at tetris 99 or the new Mario/DK game.

They are just such small inconsequential games.

If people are worried people are buying ps5s instead of xboxs or switchs for helldivers 2 then I promise you all you have nothing to fear.

Helldivers 2 is not the game to be mad at
You're talking about people who were using Flight Simulator as an argument when promoting GamePass and the Xbox games library.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
If this is as good as they say it is I'd love to see a 3rd person PvP shooter from them. Maybe some medium paced 12v12 format.
This is their 1st attempt making a bigger 3rd person game like this. If they successfully pull it off, we can expect similar-sized projects from them going forward. Sony may even buy them.

We may even get that 12v12 PvP eventually who knows.

Ogbert

To be fair, the gameplay does look good.

I just hope the mechanics are a little more ‘smooth’ this time.

Anyway, preordered.

StueyDuck

First of PlayStations 12+ GAAS games. The dinosaurs need it to fail. They view it as the comet in the night sky.
My only response to that would be (those who are saying that, not to you) is the first game was already a GaaS title.

It was about an on going war the community takes part in, it also had updates and DLC etc...

Luipadre

tbh all of their trailers were pretty terrible. All they had to do is let people capture and share uncut gameplay.

StueyDuck

tbh all of their trailers were pretty terrible. All they had to do is let people capture and share uncut gameplay.
All the trailers have shown co-op 3rd person action against bugs and cyborgs...

What else needed to be shown.

I don't fully believe this "the trailers are bad" narrative because the second the first trailer was on screen at sonys showcase I knew exactly what the game was. The only shock was it being 3rd person.

Luipadre

I don't fully believe this "the trailers are bad" narrative because the second the first trailer was on screen at sonys showcase I knew exactly what the game was. The only shock was it being 3rd person.

All of their trailers ran at like 20 fps, fast weird cuts etc. These uncut gameplay videos at 60 fps are much, much better

Zheph

strange argument indeed but hey if the latest stuff shared are making some people happier, so be it...

Top Bottom