• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 previews dropping

Democracy is at risk again...

Twd Shit On It GIF by The Walking Dead

Guess I'll have to do my part.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Is there a single player campaign or is this a gaas?

Straight up GaaS. Look for articles about the WARBOND system to see how they're implementing it; it sounds like it might be "fair", but we'll have to see just how much in-game currency can be earned. It sounds like they are leaning on the fact that no WARBOND (battlepass) will expire and you can work on one at any time, but if we're talking 100HRS to grind out one WB F2P. . .I dunno about all that.

. . .that said, if they can keep the combat and challenge fresh, may well be a moot point (as you want to keep playing).

Straight up GaaS. Look for articles about the WARBOND system to see how they're implementing it; it sounds like it might be "fair", but we'll have to see just how much in-game currency can be earned. It sounds like they are leaning on the fact that no WARBOND (battlepass) will expire and you can work on one at any time, but if we're talking 100HRS to grind out one WB F2P. . .I dunno about all that.

. . .that said, if they can keep the combat and challenge fresh, may well be a moot point (as you want to keep playing).
Just a free and a paid battlepass. No differently than 75% of current games.

Killjoy-NL

I guess but if you have hundreds or even thousands of games happening at once how are you gonna evenly watch them all?
Maybe they don't.

Maybe they just look at the flow of the battlefronts and observe specific points at some random time and act according to what's happening.

Just my guess though.

Edit:

Just realized this might not make sense at all.

Last edited:

Granty666uk

Only just started noticing this game over the weekend. No doubt this has been asked already but do we have any info on how it runs on PS5 ? 30/60 fps VRR support etc. Cheers.

Dafegamer

More of a question. There is a “?” at the end.

Not to me, it doesn’t. Looks decent low budget title.

Dont get me wrong, its my type of game, i will play heck out of it when i get the chance.

Does look slightly generic and overly safe though. Compared to Suicide Squad which has a new gameplay system.

Not a conspiracy unless it actually does score higher. Remains to be seen.
Do you happen to work for Rocksteady??? 👀

STARSBarry

Gold Member
oh for...

of all the anti cheat to use on PC, they pick gameguard, well that's a guarantee review bomb from Steam with "installed a root kit" over and over, and you know what, I don't blame them.

The reddit post gives there reason but not very good ones the real reason is Gameguard is dirt cheap (because its not very good, used wildly in C-B list MMO's with rampant cheating), the joke is the only reason you would want a Kernal access for anticheat is for more invasive cheats like wallhacks, there is literally no reason to have this level of anti cheat on a PvE coop bug stomper, this also throws steam deck under the bus because its not going like that very much either. Even EAS is better than this shit and that does not need ring 0 access.

my fav quote of the FAQ

"Will GameGuard reduce the performance of my PC?

GameGuard is only active while the game is running and after thousands of hours of testing we’ve not noticed any noteworthy degradations of performance on our developer and QA workstations."

very specific wording, what there saying is they noticed performance degradation, just they don't think its noteworthy.

Last edited:
oh for...

of all the anti cheat to use on PC, they pick gameguard, well that's a guarantee review bomb from Steam with "installed a root kit" over and over, and you know what, I don't blame them.

The reddit post gives there reason but not very good ones the real reason is Gameguard is dirt cheap (because its not very good, used wildly in C-B list MMO's with rampant cheating), the joke is the only reason you would want a Kernal access for anticheat is for more invasive cheats like wallhacks, there is literally no reason to have this level of anti cheat on a PvE coop bug stomper, this also throws steam deck under the bus because its not going like that very much either. Even EAS is better than this shit and that does not need ring 0 access.

my fav quote of the FAQ

GameGuard is only active while the game is running and after thousands of hours of testing we’ve not noticed any noteworthy degradations of performance on our developer and QA workstations."

very specific wording, what there saying is they noticed performance degradation, just they don't think its noteworthy.

off topic but does call of duty/warzone use kernel level anti-cheat?

oh for...

my fav quote of the FAQ

I'm sure the internal team set "noteworthy" as anything above 30% loss in performance to allow for this quote.

Yeah, I'm thinking I should have waited on the pre-order having known this. My friends and I were surprised they even bothered with anti-cheat since the game is PvE only. The only thing I can think of is that they want it there to prevent any potential exploits or hacks that could increase the amount of war bonds players receive (since this is their premium currency). Otherwise, no idea why they'd bother. Not being able to play on Steam Deck is the real kicker for me here though as I imagine the anti-cheat won't like Linux.

Top Bottom