• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 will require you to have a PSN account on PC

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
IMG-9869.jpg

Interesting. Wonder if HFW will as well or if it’s because it’s an online only game.

Mr Moose

That would put me off buying it on PC even though I think I might already have it linked. Found out today you need Xbox email account for Halo MCC Steam version, I just want to try the campaign :messenger_weary:

Lots of PC games have cross-play with PS4/5. This is the first on PC to require a PSN account though.
Cool? That doesn't mean that the PSN requirement is not due to cross-play implementation and/or online.

Probably more 1st party games will follow suit, like Concord for example.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I wonder if this is the sign that Sony is forcing it's own launcher on PC gamers.
Seriously, we don't need any more of these.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
PC players are hilarious.

"Bro, building your own PC isn't that hard. I can give you a 15 part shopping list and walk you through the build. Will only take a day or two."

"They want me to sign up for PSN?! Noooooo!!"

What's hilarious about not wanting to sign up for an account service that has historically been targeted by hacks and data breaches?

Last edited:

Hudo

There it is. That's the real endgame for Sony here.

They can get fucked. I have already too many accounts for a variety of bullshit as it is. And Sony is not the company with the clearest record when it comes to data security.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What's hilarious about not wanting to sign up for an account service that has historically been targeted by hacks and data breaches?

Just use a pre paid debit card if you're worried about hacks and data breaches. Only takes a couple of minutes to set that up.

Hibs

As a PC player myself, oh no, anyway.

Can't wait to jump in and won't have to worry about population with Crossplay.

I wonder if this is the sign that Sony is forcing it's own launcher on PC gamers.
Seriously, we don't need any more of these.
That would mean they will have to bring trophy support and more interesting features to make it worth it else who would use it on PC?

The screenshot just says about linking your Steam account with a 3rd party (PSN) which is standard practice for cross-play games. It was the same with another Sony published games (Sackboy) where you had to link your Steam account with a 3rd party service (Epic Games in this case) in order to play co-op online.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Game looks fun but cba to investigate it, is it like a roguelite or with a given campaign? Certainly not PVP, right? Anything like basically Sony Risk of Rain 2?

Sentenza

So next logical step for Sony is to have their own launcher...
And this is where I draw the line.
"Your own launcher" means I'm keeping my own money.
I hope they aren't planning to try this crap, because it's not like people are exactly tripping themselves to rush buying their ports as it is.

Hudo

White theme?
tenor.gif

Wait, I thought you have a PS5? Might be confusing you with someone else.
I don't have one myself. I have a friend who has one, which I used to play Ragnarok (until I dropped it). The Demon's Souls Remake is good, tho.

I do have a PS2 and PS3, tho. Also had a PS1 but I sold it because I am a retard.

tmlDan

And this is where I draw the line.
"Your own launcher" means I'm keeping my own money.
I hope they aren't planning to try this crap, because it's not like people are exactly tripping themselves to rush buying their ports as it is.
They won't all be ports, all their live service games will be on PC day one.

I know everyone likes steam, but why are we giving 30% of the funds to Steam and they dont make games and only give 70% to the devs that do.

Makes sense to have your own launcher tbh

Last edited:
Top Bottom