• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 will require you to have a PSN account on PC

winjer

Gold Member
That would mean they will have to bring trophy support and more interesting features to make it worth it else who would use it on PC?

The screenshot just says about linking your Steam account with a 3rd party (PSN) which is standard practice for cross-play games. It was the same with another Sony published games (Sackboy) where you had to link your Steam account with a 3rd party service (Epic Games in this case) in order to play co-op online.

There is nothing that would make me install another launcher on PC.
I would just rather not buy any more PC ports from Sony.

Godot25

Banned
And this is where I draw the line.
"Your own launcher" means I'm keeping my own money.
I hope they aren't planning to try this crap, because it's not like people are exactly tripping themselves to rush buying their ports as it is.
It's just next logical step.
Since Sony plans to release all their live service games day on on PC, it would be stupid to not at least offer own launcher where you can keep all the money instead of giving Valve 30%. Of course that doesn't mean leaving Steam.

You can entice people to buy games in "your" store with stuff like trophy support, some kind of cross-buy system or even cross-save system and I would ditch buying those games on Steam in a instant.

I don't really mind to be honest. Maybe this will make it easier to party up with friends on Playstation. I don't want to buy another ps sub and I'd rather play with mouse and keyboard.

Top Bottom