• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Res Call of Duty 2 (PC) screenies

shpankey

not an idiot
call-of-duty-2-pc-screenshots-20050613002935529.jpg

call-of-duty-2-pc-screenshots-20050613002944248.jpg

Borys

Banned
shpankey said:
this is for the PC, not the 360.

Mr thorns and Mr Blimblim will disagree.

As for those screens:

A- models
B- ground textures
B polycounts.

Overall: not impressed! Quake Wars, where are you?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I'm really learning to dislike normal/bump-mapping.

TEH NEXT-GEN GRAPHICS RULES

1. Everything next-gen must have a greasy sheen!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Too brown!??! WTF you want neon colored pants? Its obvious they are going for grit. I'd rather have that than The Unreal or Rare palette. Looks good to me. Also maybe the fact that they just came out of the ocean explains why they are shiny.

thorns

Banned
Borys said:
Mr thorns and Mr Blimblim will disagree.

As for those screens:

A- models
B- ground textures
B polycounts.

Overall: not impressed! Quake Wars, where are you?

i'm back to being a pc gamer after experiencing the greatness that is battlefield 2 ;) need to upgrade my graphics card..

yeah they're pc shots, but xbox version should look better or on the least identical. for some reason these look much nicer than the trailer though..

We need a World War III so they can make *NEW* war games already. I'm getting sick of WWII games.

P.S.: I do not seriously endorse war in any shape or form, unless it's purely virtual.

akascream

Banned
AtomicShroom said:
We need a World War III so they can make *NEW* war games already. I'm getting sick of WWII games.

That would be cool. They should wait for that railgun, and plasma rifles before starting the next world war though. If only to make the WWIII videogames more fun. Especially since we'll get hundreds of them.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Because anything wet turns into a light reflecting mirror

I dare you to find a something in reflected in those highlights. Wet leather looks pretty damn close to what it looks like in those screen shots. Same thing with the helmets. The pants a little too shiny, but nobody is perfect.

HokieJoe

akascream said:
That would be cool. They should wait for that railgun, and plasma rifles before starting the next world war though. If only to make the WWIII videogames more fun. Especially since we'll get hundreds of them.

Hehe, we're getting closer. Check out some of the videos in this link:

Metal Storm

EDIT:
or even better check out this 36-barrel prototype live firing 30K, 60K, and 1 million rounds per minute.

HERE

Mrbob

These new consoles are the first time I'm actually considering console versions of most games which are available on PC. Maybe X360 and PS3 will turn me into almost strict console gamer.

720P games on a 34", 46", or 50" widescreen TV with a 5.1 stereo home theater system >>>>>>> gaming on a 20" LCD computer monitor. I'm hoping MS uses that 20gig hdd to support user made mods for X360. That would kick some serious ass.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
just now playing through call of duty: finest hour on xbox. is this the same as the pc original?

its pretty kick ass, and certainly getting me all hot and bothered for the 360 sequel (which looked fucking terrific at e3, alpha kits or not)

jimbo

Banned
What those screens don't show is the scale that this game is played. In the video the camera zoomed out and showed I don't know how many boats, floats, soldiers pulling up on shore and climbing on that cliff, and THEN on top of the cliff there was this huge battle taking place.

This game is going to be pretty cool if the video is anything to go by.

Top Bottom