• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima spilled Miso Soup on his pants this morning before preparing for Death Stranding's TGS 2019 Gameplay Demo (The OT for Gameplay Vol.2)

For God's Sake, get this man another pair of jeans!
kttcolidamn

zwiggelbig

Personally I am looking forward to this ALOT! Its something completely new, it looks gorgeous, story seems really interessting, love the weirdness and its something kojima really wanted to make so I'm really curious.

But geezus, the hate this game is getting is insane. So many comments of people who find it all super boring and want to hate on it instead of just ignoring it lol. If u rather have a full action packed action game go ahead.. But I'm sure I wil enjoy this al ot more as its so different.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Well, like every Kojima's game, it's more " game " - in the ludic, pure gameplay sense - than three random other games put together

Its games usually are like a videogame version of a luna park
I don't know if I buy that answer, also you can't deny Kojima's past credentials (Metal Gear Solid, Zoe etc.) Death Stranding obviously has a lot going on and it just may at another level gamers aren't used too.

I don't know if I buy that answer, also you can't deny Kojima's past credentials (Metal Gear Solid, Zoe etc.) Death Stranding obviously has a lot going on and it just may at another level gamers aren't used too.

Certainly DS doesn't start well for many, me included, I was saying the core gameplay looked very boring to me, aside from the little funny things I Saw today, at the moment is a no no
But aside from the great plot will certainly have, I'm sure the gameplay will be cured a lot, I only want to see what DS really is about

Is it really a package delivery game? Is it something else?

This is the element who could make it or break it

Damn, I want a downloadable demo so bad

-Arcadia-

Banned
Man sits in Bathroom. The ambitious sequel to 2015’s Man sits in Chopper.

This had so much love poured into it. Even the Kojima fans that don’t know what to make of this game, have to admit that his penchant for details and laughs is as awesome as ever. It was brilliant to have a fourth wall break on a third person camera.

A lot of this reminded me of MGSV, obviously not in a direct gameplay sense, but how you would prep before a mission, could customize things to absurdity, clean off, and have fun with the world in-between missions. But even better. I love that game, so that’s definitely in its favor.

Is there going to be a third day of gameplay? I want to see more, lol!

Man sits in Bathroom. The ambitious sequel to 2015’s Man sits in Chopper.

This had so much love poured into it. Even the Kojima fans that don’t know what to make of this game, have to admit that his penchant for details and laughs is as awesome as ever. It was brilliant to have a fourth wall break on a third person camera.

A lot of this reminded me of MGSV, obviously not in a direct gameplay sense, but how you would prep before a mission, could customize things to absurdity, clean off, and have fun with the world in-between missions. But even better. I love that game, so that’s definitely in its favor.

Is there going to be a third day of gameplay? I want to see more, lol!

I had a feeling it was going to have a similar loop as MGSV.

I'm kind of wondering why MGSV had so many shortcomings now (Africa and the lazy last half of the game). It looks like DS has had WAY more polish put into it in a shorter time, and (I assume) on a smaller budget as well. Is that because of the FOX engine development?

-Arcadia-

Banned
I had a feeling it was going to have a similar loop as MGSV.

I'm kind of wondering why MGSV had so many shortcomings now (Africa and the lazy last half of the game). It looks like DS has had WAY more polish put into it in a shorter time, and (I assume) on a smaller budget as well. Is that because of the FOX engine development?

I genuinely think it’s because Kojima was apparently being screwed with in at least the home stretch of development, but possibly more. I remember talk of him being separated from the dev team, for some asinine reason, as a particular example.

If that’s the case, it’s kind of a miracle the game turned out as good as it did, despite the flaws.

I could be wrong, but I think there’s an alternate world version of MGSV out there that’s a much more complete, story polished game. It kind of hurts to think about what could have been, but at the same time, I did find MGSV wonderful in so many ways.

Top Bottom