• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima spilled Miso Soup on his pants this morning before preparing for Death Stranding's TGS 2019 Gameplay Demo (The OT for Gameplay Vol.2)

#Phonepunk#

Banned
if Kojima had stayed on, he likely would have entered a long "polish" period. that's the main thing missing from MGSV IMO. the main story was likely decided upon way back before Ground Zeroes, and was probably the first thing he finished, as he knew his time was numbered (Ground Zeroes being cut from the main release). you can see a level of polish in GZ that is lacking in TPP, that's because Kojima was there for the whole production of that one. TPP is lacking the polish of GZ but it's still quite an amazing game, and infinitely more polished than many other company's games I've played (Bethesda, I'm looking at you).

IMO think the story for MGSV was pretty much finished. maybe there would be a few extra missions in the post ending "Chapter 2" NG+ part, but it seemed like that aimless stretch was part of the story. the main villain was dead, and Snake's fate was sealed, the Diamond Dogs like Kaz and Ocelot would leave him, and he would be killed in the next game. not a whole lot of room to write new additional stories in there. I wonder what people think was missing? as is, the game covers a total of 2 decades, which is quite an achivement.

this game, it looks like he has had plenty of time to dig into all that stuff. just all the animations and things you can do before you even prep for a mission in this game, it's insane. looks super full of customization and full of things to do.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I wonder what people think was missing? as is, the game covers a total of 2 decades, which is quite an achivement.

To me, without even looking as far as Kojima’s older works, but just at Ground Zeroes, it feels like there’s something missing. Not so much the broad points covering the decades, but the details inbetween.

Ground Zeroes isn’t quite as open as Phantom Pain, but it’s very similar, and managed to tell a very compelling story in the same style.

Your post in general, really resonates with my ideas on what happened, and my impressions. I’d just extend that to the story.

I could totally be wrong, though. I wonder if we’ll ever find out — that would be one of the most fascinating gaming stories of the last few generations. For now, though, I’m sure that almost anyone who could tell us, probably just wants to leave those memories behind, and focus on Death Stranding.

No one noticed Kojima stealth announced a secret character?

Apparently, no one in the cast know about it other than Kojima, which is pretty strange ( a character who see no other characters in the plot?) and is dubbed by japanese Kaz Miller's voice actor

His appearance and US actor whose appearance is based to are still a secret

There's a chance it could be the cyborg ninja character who has been revealed some days ago in the form of concept arts
Looks like a mixture of Sam Gideon by Vanquish and Jetstream San from Mg Rising Revengeance

What if this will be a secret Keanu Reeves badass character?

Last edited:
The First one is the concept I'm talking about, the second one is an early concept for Ludens

I smell the Raiden joke again

up0LhOc.jpg

cwkwTtM.jpg

Also the First one is clearly not Sam if you look closely, could resemble it at First tho

The second one looks like Sam after a bad accident and after having seen some serious shit, could only be his head in a cyborg body if you look closely, legs, torso, Arms are clearly not human with a suit on, at least imo, they have a too much of a strange form to be an human body wearing a suit- it remember me something, hmm...

Aaaand, of the second armor, there are concept who show a container for the bb right in the stomach, like a pregnant mother

This is very interesting

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Anyone else thinks that Kojima blew all his budget on the cutscenes in Death Stranding?

So another MGS 5 situation?

Anyway, cautiously pessimistic about Godjima's latest masterpiece:messenger_unamused: , considering his last work was one of the biggest scams of 2015.

Top Bottom