• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy has nearly 500,000 concurrent players on Early Access at Steam alone

Gamezone

Gold Member
Source: https://steamdb.info/app/990080/

Mandatory:

XDEvxAh.jpg

Last edited:

Sentenza

Fun fact: for anyone who didn't buy the deluxe edition the game technically releases IN TWO DAYS.

Basically 200K+ concurrent players are only the ones that paid premium price for few days of Early Access.
This fucking thing is going to do crazy numbers across the board.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Fun fact: for anyone who didn't buy the deluxe edition the game technically releases IN TWO DAYS.

Basically 200K+ concurrent players are only the ones that paid premium price for few days of Early Access.
This fucking thing is going to do crazy numbers across the board.
ahhh thats why when i checked this morning its said 2days to play ffs...

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Why is the game so massive? It's not even the proper HP characters if I understand correctly?

I don't know anything about HP/WW but you can clearly see that the game is a straight up love letter to the people who grew up with this story and wanted to be in it themselves. So far there's nothing particularly special about the game other than it's serious treatment of the source material in a way we've never really seen before. . . but then when you think that this game comes from folks who already have experience with licensed IPs and a larger game publisher that knows open world games based on existing IP (Batman, Tolkien) it's should probably not be a surprise that the WW has been so lovingly realized.

. . . shame about the HUD though.

This is gonna be the biggest selling game of the year. Can’t see anything matching it.

Really? You can't think of ANY games that are releasing this year that will beat this, one game which will enthrall STARry eyed gamers and dominate the FIELD when it comes out? 🤔

Last edited:

Moriah20

Why is the game so massive? It's not even the proper HP characters if I understand correctly?

Because Harry Potter is still absolutely massive.

It doesnt have HP characters in it, sure. But it's the same world. And I'm pretty sure everyone that loved HP back in the day at one point wishes for an RPG where they could make their own character and roleplay in Hogwarts.
And that's literally what this game is.

anothertech

I don't know anything about HP/WW but you can clearly see that the game is a straight up love letter to the people who grew up with this story and wanted to be in it themselves. So far there's nothing particularly special about the game other than it's serious treatment of the source material in a way we've never really seen before. . . but then when you think that this game comes from folks who already have experience with licensed IPs and a larger game publisher that knows open world games based on existing IP (Batman, Tolkien) it's should probably not be a surprise that the WW has been so lovingly realized.

What about the hud? You can straight up turn it off. It's much more fun this way too. Just follow the gold butterfly if you don't know where to go.

DarthPutin

Really? You can't think of ANY games that are releasing this year that will beat this, one game which will enthrall STARrry where gamers and dominate the FIELD when it comes out? 🤔
I don't think new Spider-Man will beat it ;)

Anyway, it's a giant fanbase (HP books still regularly top the charts) + people like myself who really want big fantasy RPG to run around in. You'd think market would be flooded with attempts to create one, but nope...

Really? You can't think of ANY games that are releasing this year that will beat this, one game which will enthrall STARrry where gamers and dominate the FIELD when it comes out? 🤔
What to dominate a game that is available in a subscription service, who is going buy something that you can get as item in Gamepass library. (3 idiots left that cry about their right to own a game?)

MMaRsu

Banned
I don't think new Spider-Man will beat it ;)

Anyway, it's a giant fanbase (HP books still regularly top the charts) + people like myself who really want big fantasy RPG to run around in. You'd think market would be flooded with attempts to create one, but nope...
Lmao Spiderman

What about Resident Evil 4, Tears of the Kingdom?

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to data collected by SteamDB, we have at this time of writing 249,542 people playing Hogwarts Legacy on Steam alone, and the number keeps rising.

085438.png

As a comparison to recently released titles, Forspoken peaked at just 12,579. Now with Dead Space Remake, there were 30,925 concurrent players.

And the number only tends to go up a lot with the official launch of the game, which will be on the 10th of February. Hogwarts Legacy has a great chance of making the list of the most played titles on Steam, and maybe standing next to Cyberpunk 2077, one of the few single-player that recorded a maximum peak of 1,054,388 players.

Emedan

Thats a good ass peak, I think this probably is a game that'll be more popular on consoles as well due to the setting and casual audience interest.

Oh yeah, 250k nazis, gg!

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Banned
Glad to see the people who made the game and worked arses off will have a studio that survives. I would be extremely surprised to see them get shuttered now.

Shame that one dude got fired for wrong think however.

Insane that a bunch of loons could literally jeopardize your livelihood over something so trivial as a "mean tweet" that someone you aren't even remotely connected to tweeted.

They'll all use tiktok and phones/tablets made in slave camps however while literal genocide happens

Lunarorbit

It's gonna break the record for sure. You can't go anywhere on the internet without seeing hogwarts legacy.

Complete and utter misfiring on the idea of boycotting. Streisand effect in full swing.

feynoob

The numbers are more than that.
If average numbers for 24 hour is 200k, and people play the game for 1-3 hour with steam refresh every 1 hour. Then that would give us an estimate of
4.8m players (every 1 hour refresh).
2.4m players(every 2 hour refresh).
1.6m players(every 3 hour refresh).
So steam players should be between 1.6m to 5m players.

This is if everyone played from 1 hour 3 hour.
The numbers should be higher than that.

sertopico

Not weird considering there's basically nothing new out there.

I bought it too.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

According to data collected by SteamDB, we have at this time of writing 249,542 people playing Hogwarts Legacy on Steam alone, and the number keeps rising.

085438.png

As a comparison to recently released titles, Forspoken peaked at just 12,579. Now with Dead Space Remake, there were 30,925 concurrent players.

And the number only tends to go up a lot with the official launch of the game, which will be on the 10th of February. Hogwarts Legacy has a great chance of making the list of the most played titles on Steam, and maybe standing next to Cyberpunk 2077, one of the few single-player that recorded a maximum peak of 1,054,388 players.

Quick, create a throwaway REE account and post the numbers there.

The numbers will absolutely trigger them!

Jennings

This is the first game that ever made me feel old and out of touch. I can get no hype for this game, as I was already an adult when the books came out. Glad to see a game succeed though, even if pop culture left me behind over 20 years ago.

Top Bottom