• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Is Currently The Best Selling Game On Steam

Lions Gate

this game looks gorgeuous and I dig harry potter films alot
entire Reeeee right now

Feelings Feels GIF by WE tv

Nope, tranny lunatics and their pondlife cheerleaders have painted her as anti trans.

She stated a simple bioligical scientific fact and all of a sudden its Waaaaaaaahh!!! You fucking TERF bitch!!!!!! I hope you fucking DIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Kill yourself you BITCH!!!!!

Stupid fucking cunts :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I love gaf cause comments like this don’t get you banned. I love seeing the kicking and screaming when someone ideology is on the way out. Resetera fails because instead of letting clowns talk themselves out of relevancy they ban them giving them more relevancy.
Rainbow Gay GIF by LGBTQ Youth

Gamefaqs is getting as bad as ree now, as people are getting banned for just talking about the fine folks who are upset about all things Harry Potter. Not really surprised because Gamespot owns them and has been woke for a long time now.

Thebonehead

Banned
Embarrassingly I had no idea what sort of game Hogwarts Legacy is.

I had thought it would be some sort of action adventure type thing and on that basis had ignored all threads and coverage.

It looks half decent from the trailer I just saw

Arioco

I'm kinda curious...as a transsex woman, if I buy this Harry Potter game, will I instantly perish the moment I boot up said forbidden fruit? 🤔

dead snow white GIF

If as a transgender woman you dare to buy this game the same people who claim to support you will call you a bitch, tell you to kill yourself and try to ruin your life. But hey, can't you see it's all for your own good, girl? Don't be ungrateful!

Bullies gonna bully. 🤷🏻‍♂️

MrMephistoX

Exactly, they can live the way the want. That’s not a problem, the problem is when they try to shove their thinking down my throat. Leave me be and leave me enjoy my life the way I want and play or support games and people I like.
That’s just living life the weird activism of wanting to ruin other peoples lives due to a difference of opinion is what gets me on ANY issue on any side. I wouldn’t care if a trans person was making out with their SO right in front of me but I’d take issue if they called me a terf for simply thinking that biology and anatomy can’t be changed on more than a cosmetic level: that’s just science but I’m not going to shout that opinion at them like a maniac either I just want to live my life and play a game if it’s good enough to warrant my hard earned free time. The game could be complete shit who knows.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
If as a transgender woman you dare to buy this game the same people who claim to support you will call you a bitch, tell you to kill yourself and try to ruin your life. But hey, can't you see it's all for your own good, girl? Don't be ungrateful!

Bullies gonna bully. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, it's all pretty silly. The same kind of thing happened to Daphne Dorman just because she was friends with Dave Chappelle. God bless that lady- She was incredibly sweet with an awesome sense of humor! 💙

It's like...I don't know, all the empathy and comedy of the world is slowly being dried out.

What's the old saying? It's better to laugh than to cry? Well, self-deprecating comedy is pretty much how I survived growing up. It's pretty much how I get by even to this day. It's a delicate balance to find in keeping afloat above the dark sea of self-loathing than one can face...but mostly I just want people to feel comfortable and for everyone to find common ground and equal footing to hopefully better get along. Even people who are "supposed" to hate each other can still become friends! That's what Daryl Davis and Daphne Dorman wanted in this life, and I feel the same way. :)

Last edited:

samoilaaa

I love gaf cause comments like this don’t get you banned. I love seeing the kicking and screaming when someone ideology is on the way out. Resetera fails because instead of letting clowns talk themselves out of relevancy they ban them giving them more relevancy.
Rainbow Gay GIF by LGBTQ Youth
if we live in a world where you cant say that there are only female and male and females cant be males and viceversa then i dont want to live in this world anymore

Curious to see how decent this is as a game. I have never seen a Harry Potter movie or read any of the books. If it gets decent reviews on Steam I'll pick it up to play on the Deck.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
As a fan of the HP series I am keeping an eye on this, but I am SUPREMELY skeptical of its quality given the pedigree of its creators. (or lack thereof)

Explanation in detail

TL;DW: The people involved have literally NO history churning out good games at all let alone hyped as hell open world games that boast alleged depth, story, RPG options, gameplay, etc etc. And don't get me wrong I want this to succeed and the moment I see that the game is actually what is advertised I am buying that shit. I grew up on HP and it was a foundation on which I built my love of fantasy-fiction. Yeah the creator sucks ass and all, but I won't deny my interest in this just because she has some shit opinions.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I listened to rebel fm this week, and Arthur made some points about Justin Rowland being a piece of shit and also how he won't be playing hogwarts legacy becuase it would be disrespectful to his trans friends and would literally hurt their feelings to support it.

Anthony responded with what I thought was a great point. "But you use twitter and that's owned by a huge trans phone, Elon musk"

Then Arthur responded with some lame excuse that he sees that when e uses twitter its hurting Elon musks financial situation so it's OK.

Felt like such a lame excuse and proving that people only care when it's some form of their agenda.

Anthony was also saying you like McDonald's etc that you know is cutting down the rain forest etc

All these companies or a lot of people have piece of shit opinions but these people still consume their products because....reasons.....

It's bullshit.

I'll be buying two copies of hogwarts becuase I want to support the people who have worked their ass off...as long as the games as good as it looks to be.

samoilaaa

It won’t affect you. Just live life as normal.
when im not allowed to say what i think it affects me , here is a real example

i was talking with a group of friends and one of them has that same mentality that if a person doesnt feel like the gender that they are they can just switch and everyone has to accept it , ofc i said that i dont agree and that people should just wake up to reality and that the world doesnt revolve around you , i said that because of this mentality men that became women are taking away sports medals from women that worked very hard , ofc in terms of sport a woman will never be as strong as a man , men have bigger stronger bone structure , biology doesnt care what you think , and i dont agree that a man that becomes a woman to go take a shower with a bunch of women especially in teen years

so he got mad that im against their freedom and that i should be more considerate about peoples feelings , the other two friends that were with me didnt agree with me either ( a man and a woman ) so i asked the woman "how would you like if you worked all your life at a sport like weightlifting and comes a man that says is a woman and breaks all your records and steals your medals ? " and she said "thats not the point " , how can that not be the point ?

trans men that were identifying as women didnt have to go to war in ukraine while men went and died , is that fair ?

Astral Dog

i was talking with a group of friends and one of them has that same mentality that if a person doesnt feel like the gender that they are they can just switch and everyone has to accept it , ofc i said that i dont agree and that people should just wake up to reality and that the world doesnt revolve around you , i said that because of this mentality men that became women are taking away sports medals from women that worked very hard , ofc in terms of sport a woman will never be as strong as a man , men have bigger stronger bone structure , biology doesnt care what you think , and i dont agree that a man that becomes a woman to go take a shower with a bunch of women especially in teen years

so he got mad that im against their freedom and that i should be more considerate about peoples feelings , the other two friends that were with me didnt agree with me either ( a man and a woman ) so i asked the woman "how would you like if you worked all your life at a sport like weightlifting and comes a man that says is a woman and breaks all your records and steals your medals ? " and she said "thats not the point " , how can that not be the point ?

trans men that were identifying as women didnt have to go to war in ukraine while men went and died , is that fair ?
This sounds like "Trans women have it easy" wich is not fair imo and i guess that's what your friends were thinking (but not arguing lol)

Maybe in the year of our lord 2023 things are very different but society in general hasn't been kind in history with trans people and i guess there is some kind of massive guilt trip these days ,many people don't want to offend trans women .

Your friend doesn't care about your hypothetical medal because she doesn't want to offend a Trans woman, (but maybe others would agree with your point)the idea that transitioning is done out of pure convenience is common but seems hurting to real trans people,just like transtrenders.Gender dysphoria is a thing, how society views it is rapidly changing.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
This sounds like "Trans women have it easy" wich is not fair imo and i guess that's what your friends were thinking (but not arguing lol)

Maybe in the year of our lord 2023 things are very different but society in general hasn't been kind in history with trans people and i guess there is some kind of massive guilt trip these days ,many people don't want to offend trans women .

Your friend doesn't care about your hypothetical medal because she doesn't want to offend a Trans woman, (but maybe others would agree with your point)the idea that transitioning is done out of pure convenience is common but seems hurting to real trans people,just like transtrenders.Gender dysphoria is a thing, how society views it is rapidly changing.

That’s not really true. There were countries in ancient times where trans and androgynous men were widely accepted.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
As a fan of the HP series I am keeping an eye on this, but I am SUPREMELY skeptical of its quality given the pedigree of its creators. (or lack thereof)

Explanation in detail

TL;DW: The people involved have literally NO history churning out good games at all let alone hyped as hell open world games that boast alleged depth, story, RPG options, gameplay, etc etc. And don't get me wrong I want this to succeed and the moment I see that the game is actually what is advertised I am buying that shit. I grew up on HP and it was a foundation on which I built my love of fantasy-fiction. Yeah the creator sucks ass and all, but I won't deny my interest in this just because she has some shit opinions.

We can only hope they hired a fuckload of talented people.

The game seems pretty big in scope and way more ambitious than anything they did before, no way they are making it with the previous small team.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I listened to rebel fm this week, and Arthur made some points about Justin Rowland being a piece of shit and also how he won't be playing hogwarts legacy becuase it would be disrespectful to his trans friends and would literally hurt their feelings to support it.

Anthony responded with what I thought was a great point. "But you use twitter and that's owned by a huge trans phone, Elon musk"

Then Arthur responded with some lame excuse that he sees that when e uses twitter its hurting Elon musks financial situation so it's OK.

Felt like such a lame excuse and proving that people only care when it's some form of their agenda.

Anthony was also saying you like McDonald's etc that you know is cutting down the rain forest etc

All these companies or a lot of people have piece of shit opinions but these people still consume their products because....reasons.....

It's bullshit.

I'll be buying two copies of hogwarts becuase I want to support the people who have worked their ass off...as long as the games as good as it looks to be.
Why do you listen to these retards?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Why do you listen to these retards?

I have like a shopping list of podcasts. Some I've listened to for years and years before this world went fully mental and I still just put them on to chill out and play some rpg or vampire survivors....

But you do make a great point abd I sometimes question why I'm listening.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Maybe, but you know what i mean there has been a lot of abuse as well
There is no maybe. There were 100% accepted transgender / androgynous people in a lot of ancient cultures. Some even had accepted third gender names because of this. Persian, Indian, Japanese, Roman , Egyptian cultures to name a few.

Over time the fall of empires and the rise of religions like Christianity and Islam really put a stop to what they saw as over an indulgence and vulgarity in society which is what really brought down women’s place in society and intolerance of “ alternative “ lifestyles. That’s the thing .. these oppressions are relatively new in the grand scope of world history.

True History is fun!! 😄

samoilaaa

i dont think trans people have it easy , i dont think straight people have it easy , i dont think black people have it easy or white people have it easy

i think that what separate us is social class , not gender or color of the skin , as long as you have alot money nobody cares what type of person you are , when you go to a mall or a restaurant people wont care what color ur skin is or what gender , im gonna give you a real example aswell , i live in romania city suceava and thats right at the border with ukraine , while all the people that have average salary or lower have to stay there and get their houses destroyed , they dont have a choice while people with fancy cars cross the border all day and act like there isnt even a war , its not something from the news or from some forum its what we experience in real life

in any period of time as long as you had money you were doing fine , let be honest in medieval times the kings and queens were doing all kinds of perversions but they were royalty so nobody gave a fuck but if you a normal peasent would have homosexual relationships you would have been killed with stones , hanged or burned

thats the reality money and status make the difference

rofif

Banned
I don't get it. I've seen some of these movies as a kid. It never grabbed me. I am really surprised by huge popularity after years of dead franchise.
Guess there are more fans than I would expect

Astral Dog

There is no maybe. There were 100% accepted transgender / androgynous people in a lot of ancient cultures. Some even had accepted third gender names because of this. Persian, Indian, Japanese, Roman , Egyptian cultures to name a few.

Over time the fall of empires and the rise of religions like Christianity and Islam really put a stop to what they saw as over an indulgence and vulgarity in society which is what really brought down women’s place in society and intolerance of “ alternative “ lifestyles. That’s the thing .. these oppressions are relatively new in the grand scope of world history.

True History is fun!! 😄
Would have been better if i had said "(some)religion hasn't been kind to trans people?"even considering previous /other societies and cultures,i mean alot of these people living today wouldn't even know, specially in western countries

That is still a lot

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don't get it. I've seen some of these movies as a kid. It never grabbed me. I am really surprised by huge popularity after years of dead franchise.
Guess there are more fans than I would expect
My step daughter found out about Harry Potter about a year ago. She has all the books, jewelry, t-shirts, and she watches all those behind the scenes and in-depth lore videos on YouTube. Her school even has a Harry Potter book club that meets once a week. It’s not just the old fans wanting to relive the adventure, it’s new and upcoming fans who just learned about it. Plus you have parents who love Harry Potter introducing their children to the franchise.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Would have been better if i had said "(some)religion hasn't been kind to trans people?"even considering previous /other societies and cultures,i mean alot of these people living today wouldn't even know, specially in western countries

That is still a lot

Nah I am just really interested in history. I mean a lot of Americans these days don’t even know what the Ottoman Empire was and it wasn’t even that long ago that it was finally dissolved and how it helped form a lot of the current cultures in Europe, Africa, and Asia.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Really looking forward to this, both my kids are huuuuge fans no doubt because the wife and i are massive fans, gonna be an utter ballache getting the wee lad whose buying it to let his sister play

Astral Dog

i dont think trans people have it easy , i dont think straight people have it easy , i dont think black people have it easy or white people have it easy

i think that what separate us is social class , not gender or color of the skin , as long as you have alot money nobody cares what type of person you are , when you go to a mall or a restaurant people wont care what color ur skin is or what gender , im gonna give you a real example aswell , i live in romania city suceava and thats right at the border with ukraine , while all the people that have average salary or lower have to stay there and get their houses destroyed , they dont have a choice while people with fancy cars cross the border all day and act like there isnt even a war , its not something from the news or from some forum its what we experience in real life

in any period of time as long as you had money you were doing fine , let be honest in medieval times the kings and queens were doing all kinds of perversions but they were royalty so nobody gave a fuck but if you a normal peasent would have homosexual relationships you would have been killed with stones , hanged or burned

I have to disagree a little friend though i see your point, i believe homophobia in culture can still become a problem for every class if it goes out of hand and also depending on were you live,talking from personal experience,(im trying to be as honest as i can ) also goes to mental health awareness , people from all social classes and families can still spread a little prejudice and mental ilness among each other , even if they have money or are good people

Wich is why good education is important, learning to be kind, mental health awareness ,discipline and dare i say, some representation.(some issues are more complicated than what i said though 😅)i guess we can all learn from each other

Like, im against woke culture when it goes out of control as much as anyone but sometimes i understand where its coming from

Last edited:

You can say whatever you want, you won’t be arrested for you mentality…but social consequences for opinions in one owns social group has always happened. Me saying trans women are women here isn’t going to get me praise, I know this. If you just want social validation you can make friends who agree with you. But pushback for a topic y’all don’t see eye to eye on and you going “I can’t say what I want…” that’s life bud. I disagree with my friends on a lot.

BbMajor7th

Emphatically true and often overlooked. In capitalist societies, the greatest barrier to anything is not who you are, but how much money and power you have and - even more importantly - how much money your parents have. If you adjust for that predominating factor, then sure, you can definitely measure the impact of social factors too: social perception really does affect the choices made by a society in broad brush strokes, but their impact is almost neglible when set alongside wealth and status. It's not crazy to accept that in a county like America, black communities face certain degrees of social, institutional and economic marginalisation, but you'd have to be a loon to pretend that JayZ and Beyonce's children will ever struggle to be or do whatever they want.

Top Bottom