• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Is Currently The Best Selling Game On Steam

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
same release date as grimgrimoire once more????

grimgrimoire-oncemore-2022414931290_1.jpg

Larxia

I still don't understand what JK rowling did / say that was so bad for these people.
She simply said that only biological women can menstruate / have babies, and... that's just a fact. It's not even negative, it doesn't mean you're against trans, it's just a reality. People are so weird.

I actually saw this the other day and it really reminded me of this, it's insane that this became reality:

They saw it coming 40 years ago lol

Tams

I still don't understand what JK rowling did / say that was so bad for these people.
She simply said that only biological women can menstruate / have babies, and... that's just a fact. It's not even negative, it doesn't mean you're against trans, it's just a reality. People are so weird.

I actually saw this the other day and it really reminded me of this, it's insane that this became reality:

They saw it coming 40 years ago lol

It's because it destroys the illusion/delusion that transexual people live under. They can't (and likely never will be able to) become the opposite sex, no matter how they change (mutilate in my opinion) their bodies.

That was never going to go down well with them and their supporters.

Last edited:
Well... Yeah they made some flops, and took too many projects at once(likely because their original titles don't sell too well sadly), but its not fair to blame everything on Platinum.

Star Fox was barely revived because Nintendo needed games on Wii U, its a shaky IP and most of its design was by Miyamoto to focus on the Wii U controller.

Microsoft and PG were working on a title far too bloated and ambitious for the team at the time, they aren't a big western developer, so it ended up cancelled. If it had been a more traditional action game it would have turned out fine but Microsoft isn't interested on that

God knows what happened with Babylon Fall, but i can guess most of its design was Square's ideas, they thought about using Platinum on a design they had no experience with to make money, nothing about BB screams Platinum Games design wise, its an entirely different idea from Nier Automata

Metal Gear Rising never got sequel because of Konami.

Astral Chain, despite being a Platinum "original" was made in collaboration with Nintendo, (the cyberpunk theme was Nintendo's idea) it turned out great

Platinum Games don't sell as well as other developers, their specialty is linear character action games with over the top characters,not bloated open worlds, narrative heavy or serious games,wich sometimes clash with audiences, that's why some publishers have trouble working with them, i do believe they make mostly solid work.

But that's neither here or there with Harry Potter, think Platinum could make a fun Harry Potter action game though 🤭

Zero excuses for Platinum here because it looked rough even focusing on just that criteria. I had hope for it and was very excited for it going into the E3 where it made its final showing, but that was when I thought the game was just early and would be fixed. It did showcase potential in places, but well below the standards anyone had come to expect from a Platinum title. Microsoft clearly weren't the ones who forced them to make that style of game. They were the ones trying to make that style of game and simply didn't have the capability or simply did not use the funds provided the way they should have.

Hestar69

I've been crying non stop for days since I saw this game was the best selling game on steam. I've fucked MLP doll several times it's hasn't helped.I've tried to call my therapist but she's not picking up.. How can anyone support this game since JK thinks trans women can't have babies! I'm sick to my stomach!

In all seriousness,i am super happy this game is selling well. I'm not the biggest HP fan but I REALLY want to get this game if it's good just so these morons can cry more.

Salmon

I've downgraded myself totally about this game. It will be way too "accessible" for the market, making it super generic and it might hold your hand through the while game lik a GPS. Just look at these HUGE rings for NPC's with quests for you *facepalm*

Winter John

It ain't really about what she said. It's about her refusing to back down from the mob. The Twitter loons are used to intimidating people/companies into silence. Unfortunately for them this time they tried to bully someone who has the power and resources to fight back. It's going to the biggest self own if the game sells millions, and companies realise they don't have to accommodate every nutjob on Twitter.

laynelane

I like seeing this because it shows a small, hate-filled group does not have the power to dictate everything as they wish (and seem to think they have the right to). More of this and less of people getting fired for being excited to play a game would be wonderful.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Well... Yeah they made some flops, and took too many projects at once(likely because their original titles don't sell too well sadly), but its not fair to blame everything on Platinum.

Nah, I was willing to believe maybe it wasn't them after the first few flops, not at this point.

I just don't buy that Nintendo, Square, Activision, MS etc must all be lying or something ,clearly the team internally has issues with taking on all those projects.

I think it really is as simple as that.

Microsoft and PG were working on a title far too bloated and ambitious for the team at the time

Too much for the team and we are to believe the issues regarding those other flops is now not fair to blame Platinum?

, its an entirely different idea from Nier Automata

Astral Chain, despite being a Platinum "original" was made in collaboration with Nintendo, (the cyberpunk theme was Nintendo's idea) it turned out great

Ohhhh yes.....the 2 games that turned out good happen to merely be "in collaboration" with another team...that doesn't help this point btw, it literally supports something may not be correct with the team when to get a game out without issues they must be limited to just combat or something.

So I don't think Platinum could make a good Harry Potter game...I think they'd literally need to be limited to just combat and another team to handle the rest of the work as historically thats turned out well for them.

I don't hate the team, but its clear they are a hit or miss and more then enough of those times has been their fault for me to suddenly believe MS, Square, Nintendo or something all must be fucking up randomly only with PG or something lol that sounds way too odd and ridiculous.

Its them.

Darchaos

Im watching one of my streamers right now, Towellie. And HP came up and he just said, i gonna play it and stream it i dont give a shit about (i think he said haters),let them come! Hell, i can even take on a sponsorship, or something he said. There was 3-4 of theese fuckers in his chat for some reason but they got handed theire ass. Thats the mentallity, strip thoose bluhaired fucks out of theire so called power.

Get fucked Reee!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I saw posts on R/gamingcirclejerk that claim the game is racist because Simon Pegg is playing a character named Professor Phineas Nigellus Black. Not gonna link it. The name is kind of weird, but those people are still idiots.
Simon Pegg (from yesterday's trailer): "I'm really happy to be playing a black"

Uh oh, cancelled.

EDMIX

Zero excuses for Platinum here because it looked rough even focusing on just that criteria. I had hope for it and was very excited for it going into the E3 where it made its final showing, but that was when I thought the game was just early and would be fixed. It did showcase potential in places, but well below the standards anyone had come to expect from a Platinum title. Microsoft clearly weren't the ones who forced them to make that style of game. They were the ones trying to make that style of game and simply didn't have the capability or simply did not use the funds provided the way they should have.

This 1000%.

Shit, a lot of us own MS an apology cause after that game got canned, it was like flop after flop and it was clear it wasn't MS at fault at that point, but clearly something was going on at PG with all those contracts.

Licensed games need a solid team that is rock solid all the time, not merely some times under the condition of being limited to just combat or something.

DICE
ReSpawn
Insomniac (I can't stress this team enough lol)
Rocksteady

Have shown that a licensed game can do wonders if put with the right team that will treat it like a real massive AAA game and not merely some side thing and can break all sorts of records. The proof is in the sales and scores, many did those properties before, but not with so many records broken and with such quality, so I hope this team is able to be one of those teams in the future that gets Harry Potter to be a massive hit in gaming and those companies will see that they NEED the right team for their IP to thrive.

I don't hate PG, but I can't trust that team enough to be like "here is Harry Potter, lets hope its not like Star Fox Zero, lets hope its not too much work like Scalebound, lets hope its not a flop like Korra or TMNT, or Babylon's Fall..........good luck" lol

They make a bad name for licensed games and I don't know of any company should really be risking their IP with such a shaky team.

I saw posts on R/gamingcirclejerk that claim the game is racist because Simon Pegg is playing a character named Professor Phineas Nigellus Black. Not gonna link it. The name is kind of weird, but those people are still idiots.
FYI that subreddit is literally just a bunch of edgelords shitposting. They're usually being facetious for the sake of being edgy. I definitely agree that they're idiots, though! Lol

Astral Dog

Nah, I was willing to believe maybe it wasn't them after the first few flops, not at this point.

I just don't buy that Nintendo, Square, Activision, MS etc must all be lying or something ,clearly the team internally has issues with taking on all those projects.

I think it really is as simple as that.

Too much for the team and we are to believe the issues regarding those other flops is now not fair to blame Platinum?

Ohhhh yes.....the 2 games that turned out good happen to merely be "in collaboration" with another team...that doesn't help this point btw, it literally supports something may not be correct with the team when to get a game out without issues they must be limited to just combat or something.

So I don't think Platinum could make a good Harry Potter game...I think they'd literally need to be limited to just combat and another team to handle the rest of the work as historically thats turned out well for them.

I don't hate the team, but its clear they are a hit or miss and more then enough of those times has been their fault for me to suddenly believe MS, Square, Nintendo or something all must be fucking up randomly only with PG or something lol that sounds way too odd and ridiculous.

Its them.

Platinum Games doesn't have a perfect track record i will agree with that, certainly i hope they do less licensed work in the future and work on polishing their skills

Valedix

Either way the game is going to sell millions, their only resort now is to make you feel like shit for buying/cancel you if you are an influencer. They're just keyboard warriors at this point who have nothing else better to do in life.

Last edited:

laynelane

That is the kind of thing JK Rowling highlights on her page, apparently playing Hogwarts Legacy makes you a TERF

Being a woman, being a person who doesn't agree with them, playing a game, etc. makes you a person worthy of receiving hate and death threats. The fact that these entitled people exist doesn't surprise me, but companies bowing down to them is what I'd like to see change. Also, TERF is becoming the new "bitch". More and more, it's 'woman doesn't agree with me' = TERF.

Arioco

She retroactively made Dumbledore gay and shat out The Cursed Child.

She's pretty damn fucking woke and full on #metoo. But even for her denying science is too fucking far.

Not to mention she retroactively stated that Hermione is black just to look more inclusive. This is only the monster she helped create devouring her.

But I have to forgive all of that because... What a QUEEN! 😂

Arioco

People thinking Rowling is right wing is fucking hilarious.......she is a lefty progressive,she just happens to possess something the vast majority of those types don't.....intelligence.....she knows a man can't turn into a woman,lol.

This.

She's always been a lefty and has always stated that transgender people deserve support, understanding and empathy. She just refused to use the term "person who menstruates" when we already have a word for that: WOMAN. That was enough to begin this absurd campaign against her.

And if those loonies are willing to shred to pieces and even boycott someone like Rowling, who has always been ONE OF THEM, just imagine what they would do to rest of us who are fed up with all this woke fuckery. I mean, on ERA they're banning people just for speaking about a fucking game! On a gaming site! And Rowling isn't even involved, nor does she have anything to do at all with the game besides the fact that she created the Harry Potter universe. Those people are batshit crazy, really, folks. They've become everything they say they hate. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom