• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

MastAndo

Kind of blown away by the Room of Requirement and all the options made available to you right off the bat. I spent way too much time in here;

PQC3LUZ.jpg

Freeman76

Kind of blown away by the Room of Requirement and all the options made available to you right off the bat. I spent way too much time in here;

PQC3LUZ.jpg

I like how you need to find the collection chests out in the world as well. Ties the whole thing together nicely and gives you more reasons to explore. I didnt even realise for a few hours you can change the ceilings etc as well. Really well implemented distraction. I saw in a preview there is another similar area too but I'm not sure if it has the same level of customisation.

MastAndo

I like how you need to find the collection chests out in the world as well. Ties the whole thing together nicely and gives you more reasons to explore. I didnt even realise for a few hours you can change the ceilings etc as well. Really well implemented distraction. I saw in a preview there is another similar area too but I'm not sure if it has the same level of customisation.
Yeah, I'm still pretty early in the game (just reached the room tonight and got stuck there), but it seems like there's plenty to unlock for customizations. It's a great game so far that just keeps getting better.

Cyberpunkd

For how much the books and movies go on about Hogwarts being a safe place it really isn't lol. That place is dangerous as fuck. Detention is either hanging students up on the wall in dark dungeons or making them go into a "forbidden" forest full of angry centaurs, werewolves, and other kinds of creatures.

Trolls can somehow just be sneaked in to the castle so they can wreck the place.

A huge three headed dog is just chilling in a room somewhere and the headteacher is all like don't go to the 3rd floor btw or you'll die.

There is a huge giant snake just cutting about in the fucking plumbing.

One of the most wanted men can sneak into the castle. Another dangerous wizard can transform into a rat and sleep in the dormitories.

For a bit of fun the school organises a competition where students have to steal a dragons egg, swim through a freezing cold lake full of angry merpeople carrying tridents, and put them in a maze with dangerous creatures.

Voldemort, the most dangerous and evil wizard of all time who is literally magic hitler can possess teachers, leave parts of his soul in ordinary items so he can control students, transport students to a creepy graveyard in the middle of nowhere.

And I'm probably missing a lot of things!
Daniel Radcliffe GIF by Madman Films

J3nga

Oh boy, cannot wait for the Digital Foundry Analysis

df-triggered.png

funny from the dude that made that sonic frontiers analysis

Link to get in the cesspool. pools open
I also don't care for the franchise, had zero interest as a child, same thing now. I don't plan on playing the game but I don't think the franchise sucks, just like with anything else not everything is for everyone. From what I've seen the game isn't much special for non Potter fan in my opinion but for HP fans it's probably the game they have been looking for. This doesn't look for DF.

Power Pro

Oh boy, cannot wait for the Digital Foundry Analysis

df-triggered.png

funny from the dude that made that sonic frontiers analysis

Link to get in the cesspool. pools open
As expected, the tweets been deleted, but holy shit that just makes me hate this guy even more. He is reaching sooo far to find an excuse not to cover the game, when we know the real reason.

Also, fuck him with the "children bullshit" comment. Like others have said, the same guy covered Sonic Frontiers, which I also like, but is stupid to call Harry Potter something like that when he has his share of "children bullshit" that he likes.

Freeman76

As expected, the tweets been deleted, but holy shit that just makes me hate this guy even more. He is reaching sooo far to find an excuse not to cover the game, when we know the real reason.

Also, fuck him with the "children bullshit" comment. Like others have said, the same guy covered Sonic Frontiers, which I also like, but is stupid to call Harry Potter something like that when he has his share of "children bullshit" that he likes.

One of the great things about the Harry Potter series is it appeals to all age groups. Something about the wonderment Rowling created appeals to the child in many of us. The sense of adventure she created sparks peoples imagination and transports you to a world that feels cozy and charming.

He just cant see that because he's an ignorant tosser. Opinions like that you keep to yourself, unless you're an absolute cunt that is.

Power Pro

One of the great things about the Harry Potter series is it appeals to all age groups. Something about the wonderment Rowling created appeals to the child in many of us. The sense of adventure she created sparks peoples imagination and transports you to a world that feels cozy and charming.

He just cant see that because he's an ignorant tosser. Opinions like that you keep to yourself, unless you're an absolute cunt that is.
Totally. I remember when I saw the first movie, I hadn't read the books yet, but thought it was this almost Indiana Jones type of adventure tails for a new generation. Obviously not the same type of story, but just something that was so engaging from an adventure and story perspective. Then I read the books, and I couldn't put them down, and bought each new one as they came out.

The bolded part most certainly applies. My dad is in his mid 70s, and he's liked the movies for years as well. Sadly he has a bit of dementia these days, but I still catch him rewatching the films a lot.

Last edited:

Well said.
Playing Hogwarts Legacy really makes me feel like a child again. It’s special.

I think I’m gonna re-read the books as well because it’s been way too long and I now realised how much I missed the wizarding world.

sugarman

Man, this game looks and plays great on my XSX. Didn't expect it to be this good tbh. This will be an absolute blockbuster.

I can also already tell that it will scratch my Bully itch a bit. My favorite Rock Star game (with the two Red Deads), too bad we won't get a sequel.

I used these camera options from a YT comment, for anyone playing on console and with a controller, I can recommend these settings

Camera Sensitivity 2
Aiming Sensitivity 1
Camera Accelerstion 0
Aiming Accelerstion 0
Follow Camera Speed 0
These settings are much better, thanks.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

So this shit was real and no fake account?

Valedix

Is there anyway to make 30fps look good on a lg 4k tv? I think my model is the CX and I always choose performance mode because its a lot smoother.

Krathoon

You can just run the twitch app with a Hogwarts live channel and switch to another app and it still counts toward the Twitch drop.

I am watching this jackass young person play.

Last edited:

Gerdav

This game does get downright silly with all the weird gear you can wear.the cursor over and press square to change appearance, you can wear all the silly looking stuff for the stats but still look normal this way,
Move the cursor over each body section and press square or platform equivalent and you can change the appearance of the more crazy stuff and look normal but still keep their stats.

Can children play this? I'm not a Potter fan nor ever have been. Was after my time. But my daughter of 9 likes Harry Potter. Could I play this with her? Is it too mature for children?
There are some creepy-ish enemies and dungeons, but if she is already into Potter it will be fine.
The game is incredibly wholesome after all in my opinion.

Reactions: Isa

Krathoon

It is rated for teen.
There are dark themes. Some enemies say disturbing dialog.
Nothing really awful.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

He specifically calls out Harry Potter on being children bullshit and hes not going to cover it. To me it seems its because he is woke. He points out it has nothing to do with it but I don't buy it. Without the JK controversy he would not lash out so hard at the HP franchise, i am sure. He previously said he hated Destiny open world likes and thats why he didn't want to cover this game. He's suspiciously vocal about dodging this game and its obviously because of JK.

B23

Neo Member
Played for an hour yesterday before bed... so is the brown overlay all over my screen a bug or a "feature"? Looks super bad on an oled... (ps5)

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Hahahaha. Mostly by just exploring the castle, finding the field guides and completing the various puzzles within. 25 hours now and I just unlocked the room of requirement. Currently level 20 as well. lol
Noice. Yeah the flying pages really add up your xp. I have over 50% done in exploration and that boosted me alot

Top Bottom