• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

Saber

Gold Member
Oh boy, cannot wait for the Digital Foundry Analysis

df-triggered.png

funny from the dude that made that sonic frontiers analysis

Link to get in the cesspool. pools open

This makes me sad and dissapointed. I like John videos the most and him doing team with audio and doing retro videos is the best thing about DF. To see him reduced to doing breakdown just because of Hogwarts Legacy is just sad, hope he just calm down, take a break and think of what he said.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm watching some German streamer go through a quest I did last night. I kind of get the appeal of Twitch now. Sort of. Still not sure why anyone would spend money on this. Her name is "lizz".

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Maybe it's because I've only been able to play this a few hours each day so far, but the beginning is. . . kind of slow? The last major bit I did was Potions and Herbology and it seems now the world is more open but I've not gotten as much combat as I've liked in my six hours of side and main questing.

I'm guessing it's because the Hogwarts area is relatively "safe" in this universe and the real action will start once you move away from the surrounding region proper (the game now has me traveling to another hamlet).

Also a little PSA: if you open a major chest with a full bag the chest goes inactive instead of just not letting you take the item. This bug combined with the game autosaving WAY too frequently - including on every load it seems - caused my progress to get overwritten and so I couldn't go back to a previous save. Unfortunate.

. . . other than that and the terrible UI/UX experience, the game so far is pretty good. Definitely can see how this would be much better as a straight HP fan (the game absolutely does not care if you know this universe or not, there's no one doing the "I'm going to explain this common concept in our world to you because we're in a video game" and just assumes you know exactly who Peeves is and what a Puffyskin is meant to be - but it still holds it's own. Hopefully it picks up this weekend now that I'll have some actual time to play.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Got a code for haunted shop quest, mount and felicis potion.
Are these ok to input or game breaking/will I get the mount before I should?

Is this the famous exclusive PS quest? I thought it's only in the deluxe version

edit: Also, is there no day1 patch? ps5 is not downloading anything. Installing 1.00003 from the disc

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm watching some German streamer go through a quest I did last night. I kind of get the appeal of Twitch now. Sort of. Still not sure why anyone would spend money on this. Her name is "lizz".
I love Twitch. I never donate or sub to streamers though. Asmondgold, Lobosjr (for from soft games), Summit1g are all entertaining as hell to watch. Just avoid the nitty streamers and you'll be fine. Lots of those streamers also post VODs on YT or have communities that do.

Bob Ross streams on Twitch are also dope as hell.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I love Twitch. I never donate or sub to streamers though. Asmondgold, Lobosjr (for from soft games), Summit1g are all entertaining as hell to watch. Just avoid the nitty streamers and you'll be fine. Lots of those streamers also post VODs on YT or have communities that do.

Yea I pretty much just use Twitch for game previews. I understand there's some kind of weird culture where they hurl money at women. Dunno, don't really care

I'm warming up to it. I've only used it for basically game previews, but watching this girl go back and do the same content I completed makes me want to do it again.

It's just so much of this content looks so terrible. Like incel shit. I dunno, I'll give more of it a shot

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Is this the famous exclusive PS quest? I thought it's only in the deluxe version

edit: Also, is there no day1 patch? ps5 is not downloading anything. Installing 1.00003 from the disc

Wait, you get the PS exclusive quest from a code? I thought it would just be in the game?

I pre-ordered the game (regular edition) but didn't get any code.

ChazGW7

You can safely redeem them.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
65$ standard physical version for ps5. Got these in a game case:
lBLQ1Fk.jpg

Ah, I haven't opened my copy yet, it just arrived I think (I heard the mail noise).

I guess all copies would include this then, so it's not actually a pre-order bonus? Weird. Maybe it's just for the first print run or whatever.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Ah, I haven't opened my copy yet, it just arrived I think (I heard the mail noise).

I guess all copies would include this then, so it's not actually a pre-order bonus? Weird. Maybe it's just for the first print run or whatever.
I did order the game on wednesday and it got here on thursday

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I did order the game on wednesday and it got here on thursday

Yeah, but I doubt they have X number of specific pre-order copies. Like, what, they then can't sell any remaining such copies from today on? Or they have to gut them to remove those codes?

Plus, pretty sure the Hogsmeade quest is NOT a pre-order bonus, but just something all PS5 copies get. Which also makes it weird that it's a code at all.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

I'm warming up to it. I've only used it for basically game previews, but watching this girl go back and do the same content I completed makes me want to do it again.

It's just so much of this content looks so terrible. Like incel shit. I dunno, I'll give more of it a shot

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

The quality of the content is highly dependent on the streamer. Most of them I was introduced to because of watching Dark Souls play throughs on YT.

Summit, I think was either NoPixel GTA RP or Sea of Thieves. He would hide himself on other players boats in Sea of Thieves and fuck with them. It was hilarious to watch. His crew would start leaving circles on the other players' maps in the shape of a weiner and just listen to the other team blame each other for messing around.

His GTA RP was cool because they would come up with creative ways to do their getaways. They did this bait and switch one time where an identical car to the getaway one was staged. The getaway car drove into a parking garage and Summit tricked the cops into following him, as the getaway car took a corner that the cops couldn't see.

Last edited:
I finished Horizon Forbidden West a month ago and one of my biggest complaints with that game is that it takes WAY too long to get your wings (the second-to-last main quest), especially considering it was a heavily advertised feature. It prevented me from clearing out the map ('I'll do it later when I can fly'), and when I finally did learn to fly, I had lost interest in finding and doing everything.

Hogwarts does it 100x better by unlocking flying within the first 5 hours of the game, so kudos to the devs for avoiding that mistake.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The quality of the content is highly dependent on the streamer. Most of them I was introduced to because of watching Dark Souls play throughs on YT.

Summit, I think was either NoPixel GTA RP or Sea of Thieves. He would hide himself on other players boats in Sea of Thieves and fuck with them. It was hilarious to watch. His crew would start leaving circles on the other players' maps in the shape of a weiner and just listen to the other team blame each other for messing around.

His GTA RP was cool because they would come up with creative ways to do their getaways. They did this bait and switch one time where an identical car to the getaway one was staged. The getaway car drove into a parking garage and Summit tricked the cops into following him, as the getaway car took a corner that the cops couldn't see.

You're a real G man

Last edited:

Flabagast

its already came out last week and tbf the game is pretty flawless already
Two obvious fixes are needed at the moment imho:
- The ability to pause cutscenes
- The possibility to separate audio language from the text (specially for no-English people who want to play with English voices)

Lunarorbit

Two obvious fixes are needed at the moment imho:
- The ability to pause cutscenes
- The possibility to separate audio language from the text (specially for no-English people who want to play with English voices)
I always have to pee right when the cut scenes start! Heard you can hold the ps button down to get to the ps menu screen and that seems to pause video

SCB3

I always have to pee right when the cut scenes start! Heard you can hold the ps button down to get to the ps menu screen and that seems to pause video
If you're on Xbox then pressing the Guide button works

I will say, how fucking big is this map, I was fully expecting Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and maybe some out of Map story areas, but its huge! Just unlocked the Flying now (I've been taking this game very slow, all side missions are caught up now) so I may see how long it takes from North to South on a basic broom

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Should I redeem the pre-order potion recipe? As I understand it this potion reveals where valuable items are, which seems cheap. I don't want to accidentally make my game easier than it should be (for the same reason I never redeem XP/skill point pre-order bonuses etc).

Lunarorbit

If you're on Xbox then pressing the Guide button works

I will say, how fucking big is this map, I was fully expecting Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and maybe some out of Map story areas, but its huge! Just unlocked the Flying now (I've been taking this game very slow, all side missions are caught up now) so I may see how long it takes from North to South on a basic broom
5 hours into the game and I finally scrolled down and saw how big the south was! When you do the delivery for the potion guy I realized how big it was even on a broom

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Should I redeem the pre-order potion recipe? As I understand it this potion reveals where valuable items are, which seems cheap. I don't want to accidentally make my game easier than it should be (for the same reason I never redeem XP/skill point pre-order bonuses etc).
The revealus spell is good enough for me so far. I extended its range. I haven't redeemed the potion yet

Top Bottom