• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

Should I redeem the pre-order potion recipe? As I understand it this potion reveals where valuable items are, which seems cheap. I don't want to accidentally make my game easier than it should be (for the same reason I never redeem XP/skill point pre-order bonuses etc).
is that on PS only? havent seen anything like that on PC

Vyse

Gold Member
I’m a couple hours in and this game is just scratching that itch. Really enjoying myself so far and I wouldn’t say I am the biggest HP fan.

Vestal

Gold Member
I am about 16hrs into the game now. My best impression of the game is.. I don't have a single thing to complain about.

Everything so far has either met or exceeded my expectations. This easily would have been my GOTY for 2022 and this year others will need to knock my socks off to beat it.

The BAR has been set pretty fucking high for future Open World RPGs.

Holammer

Moments ago it hit me just how much hype there is behind the game launch. A local store had a Hogwarts Legacy themed competition, when I checked Aftonbladet (Swedish newspaper), today's leading article/editorial is written by a politician and the title is 'Harry Potter can cure your contemporary anxiety'.
The writer is happily oblivious to the ResetEra narrative and praises the gemütlich setting and anti-fascist themes.

mxbison

How much following onscreen markers is there?

Just went into a stream and the guy flying towards and objective marker kinda put me off.

And is the PS exclusive stuff like quest and dungeon (don't care about skins) a pre-order bonus or included with every PS5 version?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Noice. Yeah the flying pages really add up your xp. I have over 50% done in exploration and that boosted me alot

Yeah, those add up as well. I have barely explored outside the castle. I did a few Merlin trials to increase my carrying capacity, a few bandit camps and some animal enemy encounters. I have a long ways to go. lol

Pilgrimzero

Garlick is the best teacher
And she'll go bend over a plant and I'm like, the designers of this game knew what they were doing...

I love how diverse all the teacher are. Like the Defense against the Dark Arts teacher is a really old woman. She must be good at her job to survive into old age.

The Charms teach Prof Ronen is a great character. My fave until Garlick showed up. I'm actually shocked that he's Slytherin.

Of course the game seems to really be going out of its way to show that the Slytherins are just like everyone else and not Nazi-House. See: your first friend, the potions and charms teachers etc etc. The only one acting like a movie/book Slytherin is Headmaster Black.

Looking forward to meeting the teacher from Uganda, Prof Onai, since her daughter and I are getting along well.

Last edited:

Patison

I find using Revelio on interesting looking objects in the world more often than not reveals a floating page.
Yep, that or you can just

follow the jingle you hear when you use Revelio, it's coming from the pages in the proximity. If there's no jingle it means that you cleared the area. I think there's a subtle rumble too, but I switched to KB&M early on.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

How the hell have some of you put 15+ hours in without flying??? I thought I took my time a bit but I’m at 5 hours and just did the first flying segment.

Side Quest, finding hidden stuff like the moths and keys, back tracking to get chests you couldn't open until you get certain spells etc

I also spend way to much time worrying about what I'm wearing. If I have to go to class I switch into my House robe (Hufflepuff for life!). If its not class I swap into whatever I think looks cool. Currently sporting a big floppy wizard hat and what looks like a pirate outfit and cape.

cormack12

Gold Member
So basically there is no value in keeping gear once it's stats are low is there? Because you've acquired the transmog so it doesn't matter.

That would be my guess. The inventory space is very limited, money is tight, so best to sell it asap since everything goes straight to transomg collection.
Correct, there’s no reason to keep any old gear, you’ll keep any unique look to transmog. And you can sell it at any vendor, so you really don’t have to search around much for a place to dump it all, but it’s better than having to destroy pieces in the field when your inventory is full.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

Millions would “accio hot red head” to bed if they could
magnet-morty.gif

I'm a big HP fan and this game is easily going to be one of my favourite games of all time but I never thought it could be GOTY especially in a year with the BOTW sequel but daamn it might just do it.

Avalanche...

iu

Dibils2k

so whats the word? no visual or performance issues on PS5 compared to Xbox or anything right, as i will likely buy on PS5 but obviously can get on xbox if needed

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How much following onscreen markers is there?

Just went into a stream and the guy flying towards and objective marker kinda put me off.

And is the PS exclusive stuff like quest and dungeon (don't care about skins) a pre-order bonus or included with every PS5 version?

They marketed that stuff (at least the exclusive potion and hippogriff) as pre-order bonuses, but the codes for them are included in the box. So I would assume everyone who buys the game gets them. Bit weird.

Even weirder is that the extra quest is ALSO a download code in the box, even though everyone on PS is supposed to get it. Why not just have it automatically in that version, why is it a download code? Weird stuff!

Osthyvel

Just played the first hour, the introduction, i am actually speachless.

I had chills all the time, such an amazing start, i think i am in for a ride for sure...

Top Bottom