• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

Pilgrimzero

Got the Merlin's cloak and dragon glasses. Not sure how I get it in the game. Linked steam will check out how to claim it in game.
They should just appear as cosmetic items for whatever normal items you are wearing. IE whatever glasses you are wearing and change the appeance to the dragon glasses in the submenu.

Edit: You may or may not have to log into the Hogwarts Legacy webpage and redeem your item there. I have been. https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us/twitch-drops

Last edited:

noomi

Reading about this save game issue (when you manual save) and I'm terrified of it. Can;t afford to lose any progress.

Also, was there a day 1 patch released yet?

I would love to hear honest opinions from those who never really cared about the HP franchise before this game. I'm still on the fence.
I've never watched the movies, or read the books. Had no interest in HP. The game is a refreshing surprise for me and I am thoroughly enjoying myself. It's very well done and has me more interested in the series, especially because my son is getting old enough to start reading them so he might find them interesting too.

Codiox

So I just watched 4 hp movies in the last 3 days in order to prepare myself for the game (already installed but not launched on ps5) and they are fantastic!
I've only even seen the first 3 as a teen.
Today I've watched 4th movie for the first time and it was very weirdly nostalgic even though I've never seen it before... the colors, age of actors, the relationshnips tension... it really helps that I am the same age as Daniel Radcliffe.
Maybe it's the fact that I remember seeing parts of the movies and trailers on a gaming tv channel back in the day .
And Hermione is starting to look good. Maybe it's good I've not seen these movies back then or I would have a crush lol.

Edit: And with how magical and nostalgic these movies are, it is only serving as a reminder how fucked up the times are nowadays with all these boycotting and gender stuff
Enjoy it because after the 4th the series takes a deep dive into Beverly Hills 90210

nikos

Any impressions from someone who had no experience with the books? I won’t have any nostalgia to bolster my experience

This game could have absolutely nothing to do with Harry Potter and it would still be incredible, as long as whatever replaced the Harry Potter lore was interesting.

I never read the books and watched the films as an adult, so I have absolutely zero nostalgia for it.

I'm REALLY enjoying it so far. I'm level 19 and just got my broom before I quit last night.

Also just barely got an order in for the LE Dualsense. It sucks that it's $79 but with how quickly it sold out in the UK I'm sure I can resell it easily if need be.

This game could have absolutely nothing to do with Harry Potter and it would still be incredible, as long as whatever replaced the Harry Potter lore was interesting.

I never read the books and watched the films as an adult, so I have absolutely zero nostalgia for it.
Yup. people call this the "Harry Potter game" but it's set so far apart from Harry Potter. about 100 years earlier. There are some characters in the game that we know from the books but generally it seems to try set itself apart from the books/movies but at the same time stays incredibly faithful to them.

You don't need to have read the books or seen the movies to play the game. It's its own thing in a way. Of course if you had read the books or seen the movies you'd understand it better but I think you can still easily enjoy it if you're new to the "Harry Potter" world.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I just checked via remote play. No update for the PS5 version on my end.

Edit: But from what I’ve seen, I’m not sure what a patch would need to fix. The game was running perfectly fine for us.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

So I just watched 4 hp movies in the last 3 days in order to prepare myself for the game (already installed but not launched on ps5) and they are fantastic!
I've only even seen the first 3 as a teen.
Today I've watched 4th movie for the first time and it was very weirdly nostalgic even though I've never seen it before... the colors, age of actors, the relationshnips tension... it really helps that I am the same age as Daniel Radcliffe.
Maybe it's the fact that I remember seeing parts of the movies and trailers on a gaming tv channel back in the day .
And Hermione is starting to look good. Maybe it's good I've not seen these movies back then or I would have a crush lol.

Edit: And with how magical and nostalgic these movies are, it is only serving as a reminder how fucked up the times are nowadays with all these boycotting and gender stuff

I would suggest reading the books (or listening to audiobooks) as the movies trim a lot out, especially lore wise. For example, who Peeves is.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Installing now (physical standard edition), but still need to know:

Should I redeem the DLC codes on PS5 before starting the game for the first time, or it doesn't matter when I do it?

Sentenza

Did you people see Wired' performative review?

oi4fs5g55eha1.png

Someone is not bitter at all.

incidentally, the reviewer looks exactly like you'd imagine, too:

Jaina%20Gray.jpg

Installing now (physical standard edition), but still need to know:

Should I redeem the DLC codes on PS5 before starting the game for the first time, or it doesn't matter when I do it?
Not sure but you visit Hogsmeade very early on (where the DLC quest is set) so why not just redeem the code before you load it up just incase?

You'd probably be fine playing for an hour or two without redeeming it. Once you get the past the tutorial area, get to Hogwarts, and do the first two classes then that's when the game takes you to Hogsmeade. I doubt you do the quest at that point but there is no harm redeeming the code before you launch the game.

[/URL]

oi4fs5g55eha1.png

Jaina%20Gray.jpg
Ridiculous „review“ from a so called professional journalist. Again, it’s absolutely okay that she hates the Wizarding World nowadays but a professional should still behave, well, professionally.
Better she goes back to reviewing sex toys.

The game should have some pop ups saying what content you have. I have the deluxe edition and i got a few notifications about having the hippogriff and dark arts pack.

If you didn't see any of those then check your DLC for the game. On PS5 if you pre ordered you should have:

Onyx hippogriff
dark arts pack
haunted hogmeade quest
dark arts hat
dark arts pack (mount, battle arena, cosmetics set)
and felix felicis potion recipe

if you didn't pre order then ignore the potion recipe and hippogriff.
Didn't get a pop up but checked in game content and everything is there, thanks

Oh god I had no idea how big the Harry Potter universe grew since the release of the last book. There‘s this girl, Natsai Onai who tells me something about another wizard school in Africa, I googled it and opened a rabbit hole. Apparently there are 11 wizard schools around the world. So what I take from this, JKR created the foundation of the HP universe and other creative heads added their ideas to this universe, am I right? Because I remember back then, as a 18 year old kid reading the last book I always wondered what‘s going on in the rest of the world in this universe.

Last edited:

nikos

Left a review on Steam. Haven't done that in years.

oi4fs5g55eha1.png

Jaina%20Gray.jpg

WARNING

Supposedly there are open spoilers in this review. Don't give that ogre the click.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
So I beat the final Crosswands solo on Hard but used all my potions and wanted to see how easy it is with a partner. It's worse. The AI Is so bad they give you a false sense of security. Also, I'm pretty sure the other combatants will generally just focus on you making the AI utility non-existent.

. . .that said, finally at last a REAL combat encounter.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmm, I think there IS a day 1 patch on PS5, but it's somehow hidden? My disc install on PS5 crawled to a halt at 95% of the way to "Ready to play", and during those last few percent the disc wasn't spinning. It eventually got through it, but now it's doing it again during the full install portion. So it's patching both parts separately or something.

Weirdly I don't have any update in the downloads list, just the disc copy, but maybe it doesn't show that for mandatory updates or something.

Which system should I get this for PC or PS5? IS the PS5 version good?
Unless you have a really good PC I'd probably go for the PS5 version.

I mean I have a 9900K, 32GB RAM, and a 4080 and things could be better. To be fair I am holding about 130-140fps (with DLSS3 on and no RTX) but the game is heavy on memory usage. I can see anywhere up to 20GB RAM and 13GB VRAM usage. Most people are on 16GB RAM and 6-8GB VRAM systems.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I've downgraded to the standard edition thinking they would release the dark arts pack for $10 but they released it for $20 instead

Im really mad lol, now gotta wait a steam sale...

Left a review on Steam. Haven't done that in years.

WARNING

Supposedly there are open spoilers in this review. Don't give that ogre the click.
I have never left a review on Steam but today I made one.

I fucking love HP and hate these woke folk. Get it up them. I'll do my best to fuck over them.

edit: 624k steam players

Last edited:
I've downgraded to the standard edition thinking they would release the dark arts pack for $10 but they released it for $20 instead

Im really mad lol, now gotta wait a steam sale...
Honestly there’s not much to it, I finished the dark arts arena with all the challenges done in under 5 minutes and aside from the arena it’s just clothes and the mount.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Honestly there’s not much to it, I finished the dark arts arena with all the challenges done in under 5 minutes and aside from the arena it’s just clothes and the mount.

I would still like the experience points :messenger_loudly_crying: But good to know there isnt much to it.

If anyone has money to spare, i would love it as a gift :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom