• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

Peroroncino

4cf.png

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I love how diverse all the teacher are. Like the Defense against the Dark Arts teacher is a really old woman. She must be good at her job to survive into old age.

Actually...

She mentions that she is the same age as the current headmaster, and that they went to school together. She was an Unspeakable when she worked for the Ministry of Magic, and some type of time magic warped her age. So she's not naturally old.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
Only had time to make my character last night and get a bit into the intro, really looking forward to digging in tonight.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Do we know for certain a patch is coming on PC (not talking about console)? Anyone have confirmation where all platforms are getting this? Because I was starting to have some wild stuff occurring last night and not looking forward to the game messing up more now that I've got time to actually play the game.

Do we know for certain a patch is coming on PC (not talking about console)? Anyone have confirmation where all platforms are getting this? Because I was starting to have some wild stuff occurring last night and not looking forward to the game messing up more now that I've got time to actually play the game.
I think it's already out?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I think it's already out?

By "out" do you mean already in the PC client? I've been playing since the thing was available and haven't seen an update, which would mean it was already in the depot. If so, that sucks, as 100% the game has microstuttering.

. . .also bought 32GB's of RAM and haven't seen any different in performance (though I haven't gotten the broom yet).

By "out" do you mean already in the PC client? I've been playing since the thing was available and haven't seen an update, which would mean it was already in the depot. If so, that sucks, as 100% the game has microstuttering.

. . .also bought 32GB's of RAM and haven't seen any different in performance (though I haven't gotten the broom yet).
I've been playing since Wednesday and haven't seen an update yet either. I was trying to find out myself too but couldn't get a solid answer.

I just assumed it was out. There is still no update and the game goes live soon on PC. So either we have it or we're not getting it on "day 1".

Last edited:

Kacho

Check for an update in 50 minutes. That’s when the game officially releases and we’ll know if there’s a day one patch.

She must be good at her job to survive into old age.
It's not uncommon for magical people to live into old age. They have longer life spans than muggles.

Dumbledore was 115 years old when he died and he died only because he touched a cursed object that had a part of Voldemorts soul in it and because he asked someone to kill him (as he was slowly dying already) in order for that person to prove their loyality to Voldemort. If Voldemort hadn't been around and Dumbledore had just chilled as Hogwarts headmaster he would likely have lived a lot longer.

Another character is Newt Scamander who was born in 1897. He is still alive and the Harry Potter books go up to 2019 so he'd be 122 years old.

Bathilda Bagshot was at least 124 years old when she died.

Elphias Doge was at least 137.

There is a Hogwarts teacher, Griselda Marchbanks, who is at least 147 years old. She was a teacher not only when Harry was there but she also was Dumbledore's teacher.

Before Dumbledore, the hogwarts headmaster was Armando Dippet was 355.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I watched my daughter play some more last night. She was having some difficulty with the duals, mostly due to still getting used the the dual sense controller, as her only controller she uses is a switch pro controller. So she gets buttons confused like L1, L2, L3, R1, R2 and R3. But she was able to get past them. I suggested she lower the difficulty, but she shrugged that idea off as if I asked her to take a bath in lava. That’s my girl.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

It's not uncommon for magical people to live into old age. They have longer life spans than muggles.

Dumbledore was 115 years old when he died and he died only because he touched a cursed object that had a part of Voldemorts soul in it and because he asked someone to kill him (as he was slowly dying alread) in order for that person to prove their loyality to Voldemort. If Voldemort hadn't been around and Dumbledore had just chilled as Hogwarts headmaster he would likely have lived a lot longer.

Another character is Newt Scamander who was born in 1897. He is still alive and the Harry Potter books go up to 2019 so he'd be 122 years old.

Bathilda Bagshot was at least 124 years old when she died.

Elphias Doge was at least 137.

There is a Hogwarts teacher, Griselda Marchbanks, who is at leat 147 years old. She was a teacher not only when Harry was there but she also was Dumbledore's teacher.

Before Dumbledore, the hogwarts headmaster was Armando Dippet was 355.

I mean she appears old and hunched over like an ancient grandma.

Pilgrimzero

I watched my daughter play some more last night. She was having some difficulty with the duals, mostly due to still getting used the the dual sense controller, as her only controller she uses is a switch pro controller. So she gets buttons confused like L1, L2, L3, R1, R2 and R3. But she was able to get past them. I suggested she lower the difficulty, but she shrugged that idea off as if I asked her to take a bath in lava. That’s my girl.

I may lower the combat difficulty. It;s very unwieldy IMO. Not only do you have to tap tap tap to fire your main attack you also have to make sure you hit the right spell (all of which have timers) to lower a 1 of 3 flavors shield. Plus while dealing with 4 foes with their different shields vs you, you also have to make sure to quickly shield up and/or roll in combat. PLUS keep an eye on your Ancient Magic special attack.

In the fights where you have a partner, they never seem to do anything worth a shit.

Just got home with my PS5 copy and I’m installing it, but it’s not downloading the day one patch, it’s just installing from disk. I thought there was supposed to be one, but I guess not.

Edit: Never mind, had to launch the game first, which is dumb since it should have automatically started downloading when I put the disk in and the game started to copy.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
So I just watched 4 hp movies in the last 3 days in order to prepare myself for the game (already installed but not launched on ps5) and they are fantastic!
I've only even seen the first 3 as a teen.
Today I've watched 4th movie for the first time and it was very weirdly nostalgic even though I've never seen it before... the colors, age of actors, the relationshnips tension... it really helps that I am the same age as Daniel Radcliffe.
Maybe it's the fact that I remember seeing parts of the movies and trailers on a gaming tv channel back in the day .
And Hermione is starting to look good. Maybe it's good I've not seen these movies back then or I would have a crush lol.

Edit: And with how magical and nostalgic these movies are, it is only serving as a reminder how fucked up the times are nowadays with all these boycotting and gender stuff

Last edited:

Simo

Not gonna lie if WB rebooted Harry Potter as a big budget HBO Max series using the Hogwarts and everything from the game, I'd be so down.

Everything is definitely more accurate to the books and the castle itself is freaking amazing!

So the game has now officially launched on all platforms? (not including PS4/XB1/Switch)

517k viewers on twitch

and 430k players on Steam

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Damn this is a really decent game, been watching the kid play it all day, gotta say I'm impressed with the level of detail and he's loving it as he's a bit of a Harry potter nut the lovable wee transphobe that he is for enjoying this

Downloading a patch on Steam right now!

Last edited:
I am playing the ps5 deluxe version and got the game digitally since all deluxes editions are sold out. Any way to find out if I got the bonus stuff? Maybe the mounts aren't there since I haven't unlocked it yet and I didn't realise I have the potion on me or something

I am playing the ps5 deluxe version and got the game digitally since all deluxes editions are sold out. Any way to find out if I got the bonus stuff? Maybe the mounts aren't there since I haven't unlocked it yet and I didn't realise I have the potion on me or something
The game should have some pop ups saying what content you have. I have the deluxe edition and i got a few notifications about having the hippogriff and dark arts pack.

If you didn't see any of those then check your DLC for the game. On PS5 if you pre ordered you should have:

Onyx hippogriff
dark arts pack
haunted hogmeade quest
dark arts hat
dark arts pack (mount, battle arena, cosmetics set)
and felix felicis potion recipe

if you didn't pre order then ignore the potion recipe and hippogriff.

Last edited:

zkorejo

Got the Merlin's cloak and dragon glasses. Not sure how I get it in the game. Linked steam will check out how to claim it in game.

Top Bottom