• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

ABeezy1388

Does anyone know when you catch a flying page of the field guy zipping through the castle, is there any actual information from any of those or just a thing to collect?

Krathoon

Gold Member
Does anyone know when you catch a flying page of the field guy zipping through the castle, is there any actual information from any of those or just a thing to collect?
I think you just collect those. There is no info in them.
Really, they should have had a little fun fact show up.

Last edited:

yamaci17

Im rocking my ravenclow relic suit. it shines whenever i cast some spells. cool as heck

5vBBkno.jpg

LfZTJYn.jpg

SCB3

Playing this on Hard and the game is either too easy or I have been broken by Dark Souls combat over the last 10 years, I forget I have Potions or Herbolgy atackers

Also, is it just me or is the Unspeakable Curses aside from Avada Kedavra nor that bad really? Like Causing pain or making someone fight for you doesn't seem like that much of a bad thing, then again I am a Slytherin....

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Playing this on Hard and the game is either too easy or I have been broken by Dark Souls combat over the last 10 years, I forget I have Potions or Herbolgy atackers

Also, is it just me or is the Unspeakable Curses aside from Avada Kedavra nor that bad really? Like Causing pain or making someone fight for you doesn't seem like that much of a bad thing, then again I am a Slytherin....

As a fellow Slytherin, I agree... besides honestly what's some pain compared to freeze/fire burns? and those spells are not uhh dark spells...

Moneal

I mean the crucio curse is used for torture, and imperious is used to take away free will. Both are pretty bad with little to no positive use in wizard society.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Causing extreme pain and taking away free will are pretty bad, guys.

Also, if you have different versions of the game, the Twitch drops will copy to both of them.

Last edited:
25 hours into this game, level 27, and just finally unlocked
the vivarium and beast-catching.
Feels like starting a whole new sub-game within the game, which is not something that usually happens this far in. Main quest is on hold yet again!

Krathoon

Gold Member
Im pretty sure that's just the Deluxe Edition Robes, they are being listed separetly for some reason
I have the Deluxe edition stuff. That is some separate robe. It just shows up on the Steam version. It was called the Kelpie robe or something like that.

yamaci17

25 hours into this game, level 27, and just finally unlocked
the vivarium and beast-catching.
Feels like starting a whole new sub-game within the game, which is not something that usually happens this far in. Main quest is on hold yet again!
that place can be used for therapeutic purposes. pure bliss. out of this world. amazing ambiance. just... unexpected, out of nowhere.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I have the Deluxe edition stuff. That is some separate robe. It just shows up on the Steam version. It was called the Kelpie robe or something like that.

The Hogwarts Legacy Kelpie robe DLC was only part of the Collector’s Edition for the game.

It should become available eventually alongside the exclusive Playstation 5 Quest and Potion eventually

Last edited:

Spokker

Just unlocked room of requirement. Damn, this shit is good.
Haha it's not over yet. I purposely kept myself in the dark about this game and was floored when they gave you a huge room to customize. And then they add on to even that. Keep doing those main quests and unlock it. I thought we were just going to go pet some magical cats when I was in the middle of the quest.

Last edited:

Kadin

Are you all using the default HUD setup or did some of you turn off certain things like the mini-map, spell UI, etc?

I went through and turned everything off just to see what it would be like but because I found the need to go into the map so much more often, and not seeing as much detail there as I'd prefer, I turned the quest indicators back on. The desire is to learn the castle as much as I can and go wherever I want (eventually) without thinking about it. Only using the Floo system when it's very large distance travels, prefer to walk as much as I can. Don't have a broom yet.

Oh and a compass would have done wonders for letting me leave the quest points turned off.

Last edited:

Definity

It feels weird when I'm decked out in the latest fashion but everyone else only seemed to pack a basic uniform before showing up to hogwarts.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
Finally got the broom @ level 18. Lol. I've just been wondering around doing stuff and didn't do to much main quests, should have done them a little more the broom really helps out going around. They did a good job with the world.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is it not possible to have equipment on and have it not show, like how many games let you hide masks but still retain their stats.

Some of the glasses and hats look terrible but they have defense bonuses ....

Is it not possible to have equipment on and have it not show, like how many games let you hide masks but still retain their stats.

Some of the glasses and hats look terrible but they have defense bonuses ....
It is, go to the gear tab and whatever you want to change press square instead of x.

Last edited:

zkorejo

Causing extreme pain and taking away free will are pretty bad, guys.

Also, if you have different versions of the game, the Twitch drops will copy to both of them.
I have two twitch drops and connected to steam but it's not showing up in my game. I am linked to WB account in game.

zkorejo

Yesterday I unlocked the flying broom.. bought my own from hogsmead and beat the clock challenge to help shopkeeper upgrade it.

Flying is so damn good. The first time you fly around Hogwarts .. damn. It's like a huge upgrade from walking running. It reminded me of dragon riding scene from how to train your dragon or got.

Connxtion

Anyone had this issue? Could be tied to being in sleep mode on the XBSX, but had it on a few quests and just running about 😂

I made the mistake of getting to the end of this quest and we’ll it was bugged, those peeps need killing or you can’t finish the mission 🙈

The return option just done what the first option was meant to do, so I was stuck in this mission 😬 luckily auto save saved the day, had to reload before it broke and finished it.

So far an loving this game, used my old magic (both bumpers) against a goblin and it was the one where it hits them off the ground a few times, his body hit the goblin next to them and it flung him off a cliff 😂 was expecting it to be like most games where they pass through each other but nup. Was a very cool moment.

Last edited:

njean777

Just asking is there a way to move dodge to X and jump to O on ps5? I keep on messing up and jumping instead of dodging….

Meicyn

Gold Member
I have two twitch drops and connected to steam but it's not showing up in my game. I am linked to WB account in game.
The process is obtuse and confusing. You need to do an additional step, go here:

Salz01

There is no hud auto hide or opacity setting is there ? I only found one for mini map
Edit: there is hdr brightness for hud. That’s something
There is. It’s in the settings. I play with the hud off. Just have the quest markers on. I love it.

Gerdav

Anyone know if there’s any digital SKU with dual entitlement? I gave my oldest daughter my OneX when I got the Series X, and it doesn’t come out for that until April. So I am wondering if I buy the SX version now, if she can play it when the last gen version comes out (my account is shared on both consoles).

Maybe the safer bet is to wait for it to come out for last gen in April and see if there’s an upgrade path, that should work.
You need the digital deluxe version for dual entitlement.

rofif

Banned
This game really is the best Bully sequel we're going to get, it isn't it?
Bully was never this good haha.

Btw, the dualsense implementation is so good in this, I am having trouble imagining how it works on Xbox and pc?
The r2 shoots and stops mid way. If you press it then, you get to choose other spell. That is quite genius and very intuitive

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Bully was never this good haha.

Bully's phenomenal. It's pretty easy to take a game released 17 years ago and say it's not up to modern standards.

Top Bottom