• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy | Review Thread

ssjali

I stayed away from the game as much as I can (because I love HP and dont want to get spoilered). Is there any infos about XSX vs PS5? Do both run equally good? How are the Dual Sense Features used?

gow3isben

Games seems to have a lot of the typical open world flaws which is meh but has a lot of charm and slam dunk for a harry potter fan

Mid 80s is probably reasonable for it.

Last edited:
I just need to know how the pc version run.
That's what I'm worried about. I hope it's not a shitty port. That said, this is the game I've been dreaming about for over a decade now and I have a 4080 so even if it runs like shit I'm still going to play the fuck right outta it.

john2gr

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The fact that it'll have DLSS3 support is just even tastier. Cannot wait. Gonna treat myself to a very large pizza and play until late.

GymWolf

That's what I'm worried about. I hope it's not a shitty port. That said, this is the game I've been dreaming about for over a decade now and I have a 4080 so even if it runs like shit I'm still going to play the fuck right outta it.
I have a 4080 aswell so we are in the same coach pulled by undead looking horses, mate.

Last edited:
Me right now

iu

Re right now

iu

ikbalCO

Damn.

I was confident hence my preorder but even i wasnt expecting these scores.

Well done avalanche.

This game will be the biggest release of the year.

kiryani

The Resetera ban on this game is absolutely huge for the hype and it’s working so well.

With Cyberpunk, they all found the biggest / smallest flaws with the game and sent them all around the internet, and it really helped snowball the shitstorm that happened.

With this ban, the biggest possible detractors are forbidden to speak about the game. It’s absolutely massive.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Oh wow. 88 Meta for a game with this dev and this budget is basically a 92-93. Definitive proof that when there’s such a big IP and so much at stake for reviewers, the bullies have no power. It’s back to harassing little devs and free-time ROM translators for them.

The excerpts from the reviews are making me way more interested in the game now. I had expected less enthusiastic opinions, but this sounds like the real deal.

Now the OT must definitely be titled “Expecto GOTY”.

“Hogwarts Legacy review-in-progress: It'd be a lot easier to dismiss Hogwarts Legacy if it weren't so good

I'm impressed by my first 32 hours, but also haunted by JK Rowling“

lol
You know you're messed up in the head when you think something like this. Like wtf? Who actually is playing and enjoying a game but is all like "man I'm so haunted by someone who has no effect on my day to day life whatsoever and it's making me kind of not enjoy this game."

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Very fucking nice.

Every few years you have a low-tier studio make a breakthrough into being one of the big boys, looks like Avalanche is such a studio.
Their past games looked like they kept taking the work until something better came along. I am not sure I would call that low-tier, just low-risk. If Disney kept throwing money at you to crank out another game based on their IP, wouldn't you say yes to that to keep your studio working and growing?

Elios83

Excellent I had it preordered, can't wait to start it tonight.
Game reviews should always be about the quality of the product itself and not other factors and controversies.

Fuck it, I'm going to buy someone a copy of the game. Is there anyone in the United Kingdom who wants a free copy of the Deluxe Edition?

I will buy it for you right now on Steam, PS5, or Xbox Series (not PS4/XB1/Switch). If you're on Steam I'll gift it to you. If you're on console I'll send you £75 of codes to buy it as long as you promise you don't go and buy another game lol.

EDIT: I should say that I've gifted a copy so you're too late if you're seeing this. Sorry!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom