• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hooking Up Gamecube For First Time... and Resident Evil Remake

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CVXFREAK said:
Yep, if one stays away from an RE game long enough, they'll hate the controls. Playing Ninja Gaiden doesn't help either.

I never had a problem with them up until one specific boss fight in Code Veronica X, and I haven't really had a problem with them since.

CV spoilers:
The area in question is the fight with the tyrant on the plane on the way to antarctica. Very tight and confined space, and you need the manueverability to weaken him and be able to hit the switch for that thing to shoot him out of the vehicle. It was insanity. Took me a good 4-5 hours to finally complete it. Tyrant was just too quick and agile as opposed to Claire that it was a ridiculous mismatch.

cvxfreak

Wellington said:
I never had a problem with them up until one specific boss fight in Code Veronica X, and I haven't really had a problem with them since.

CV spoilers:
The area in question is the fight with the tyrant on the plane on the way to antarctica. Very tight and confined space, and you need the manueverability to weaken him and be able to hit the switch for that thing to shoot him out of the vehicle. It was insanity. Took me a good 4-5 hours to finally complete it. Tyrant was just too quick and agile as opposed to Claire that it was a ridiculous mismatch.

Heh!

I still get e-mail to this day about the boss fight. It's mainly the same routine I tell them. "Unload all 30 Flame Bow Gun rounds in rapid succession and then press the button." Worked for me! :)

cvxfreak

ourumov said:
I had never enjoyed a RE game a lot...but this changed with remake. The whole game is so polished that you cannot hate it. One of the best games on GC.
However it can't compare to the feelings that SH brought to me...I even had nightmares on nights.

That's completely true and understandable. My first survival horror game was Silent Hill and I absolutely loved it; it offered such a gripping, scary experience and the gameplay pace was great. I still love that game to this day. It's not my favorite SH game actually; that belongs to SH3 but just barely.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
No one's played Alone in the Dark? That game scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. I bought it the day it came out for those l337 polygonal graphics and got sleepless nights in return.

Wellington said:

CV spoilers:

wasn't that hard. Softcore gamers. Did it on my third try. I must be REALLY good at RE games

Top Bottom