• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West Delayed to 2022 - Original Leaker of Horizon: Zero Dawn PC

Bartski

Gold Member
sad studio ghibli GIF

El_Cinefilo

Even in a Covid-less world this wouldn't be in the least bit surprising. Combined with Sony already having the cheek to try and convince people a new God of War was coming this year and how much studio crunch is under the microscope these days and I fully believe this rumour. Wouldn't surprise me if internally it was never realistically planned for release this year.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Wouldn't be surprised at all if true. Spring seems likely. And again, it's stunning that people thought we were actually getting God of War 2 this year. That's looking more and more like a Fall/Winter 2022 game.

The fact that people were seriously expecting huge announcements from that State of Play is hilarious. Everything is delayed, why would they bother announcing a new big game right now?

Almost zero chance we see BOTW2 either IMO. Maybe a surprise 3D Mario. For me, 2021 is for the backlog and some Blizzard reboots (TBC, D2), with some new releases like Ratchet peppered in. Not a blockbuster year at all, and no, I'm not counting Halo until we actually see what it looks like now.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Was sure we’d see just one of GT, GoW or Horizon this year. If we don’t get any, that’s piss poor from Sony. They only announced the three of them fairly recently. Surely they knew if they could realistically launch them in a Covid environment.

GymWolf

except when its Halo and everybody trolls it for getting delayed
Find a post of mine where i troll the halo delay.

I'm always for giving all the time in the world to devs, at best i trolled series x for not having a fully nextgen game af launch, but not the halo delay.

If it was for me, horizon 2 would be an exclusive nextgen game at the end of ps5 life cycle just to see what they can do with all the accumulated knowledge and using 120% of the console power.

P.s. maybe you weren't talking about me, sorry if that is the case.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Find a post of mine where i troll the halo delay.

I'm always for giving all the time in the world to devs, at best i trolled series x for not having a fully nextgen game af launch, but not the halo delay.

If it was for me, horizon 2 would be an exclusive nextgen game at the end of ps5 life cycle just to see what they can do with all the accumulated knowledge and using 120% of the console power.

I didn't say you in particular

chonga

Did we even get a date for this?

If anything this was the one game I felt most sure about not turning up in 2021 from the original event. All we got was a glossy trailer, no whiff of gameplay like we did for the other titles.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Resident Evil 8 will have 2021 GOTY award locked for sure

Most tracked and trending game in twitter/ social media thanks to lady dimitrescu

Nothing else ( comparably as big ) is coming this year

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Did we even get a date for this?

If anything this was the one game I felt most sure about not turning up in 2021 from the original event. All we got was a glossy trailer, no whiff of gameplay like we did for the other titles.

Yeah the director said they were targetting later in 2021 I believe. As soon as you suggested that meant probability was high it would be 2022 people went apeshit.

I imagine this is good news to the developers, less pressure off their shoulders. It took six years plus to make Zero Dawn. It's only been four year since they dropped The Frozen Wild while working on Forbidden West and the other two projects. I can wait.

Papacheeks

Banned
It would be a shame to have such a lackluster year. Sony will probably push back R&C to become their main fall release if Horizon 2 is delayed.

It got pushed to June. Was originally earlier title. June 11 is ratchet, KENA:Bridge of spirits is August, Returnal at the end of April.

So that leaves fall open for something. I really hope Horizon isn't pushed, but if it is hopefully there's something they have for fall?

I imagine this is good news to the developers, less pressure off their shoulders. It took six years plus to make Zero Dawn. It's only been four year since they dropped The Frozen Wild while working on Forbidden West and the other two projects. I can wait.

Yea it took 6 years in it's entirety. WHich included conecptions/story/ new engine from scratch. They now since then have been using the same but modified engine, a lot of their assets dont have to be remade from scratch.

I expect many more delays honestly.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
music to my ears tbh, i really enjoyed the first one and i dont want a rushed sequel that AND I CANT GET A FUCKING PS5 cunts...

Airbus Jr

Banned
Far Cry 6

....sorry couldn't keep a straight face.
Completely forgot about that game...

Im completely fed up with far cry after 4..

Unlocking towers and liberate outpost.....over and over again...

Ffs playing that game is a bigger chore than doing daily office job...

FC6 still gona be the same i suppose?

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I wonder if rumors of the Last of us multiplayer dropping this year are true then?

Wonder if thats one of their big games for 2021 is revamped TLOU 2 with multiplayer thats F2P.

wolywood

Completely forgot about that game...

Im completely fed up with far cry after 4..

Unlocking towers and liberate outpost.....over and over again...

Ffs playing that game is a bigger chore than doing daily office job...

FC6 still gona be the same i suppose?
Probably more of the same...but Ubisoft hasn't shown any FC6 gameplay yet for some reason, so who knows?

Last edited:

KWAB

Banned
Also the guy that promised 15 exclusives for the Series X launch. No reason to believe him.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Fuck yeah, nobody want a rushed game.

I wonder if that's the case. It could be that Sony is worried about releasing so many extremely expensive AAA games this year when chip shortages will severely limit the number of PS5s they can sell to consumers this year. Sony expected to sell 15 million PS5s in its first year, this forecast was changed to 11 million in September and it wouldn't surprise me if Sony is forced to lower the sales forecast again in the upcoming months.

It just doesn't make sense to release single player games that are expected to sell 10 million or more copies at a time when PS5 has such a small consumer base because of outside circumstances.

turtlepowa

Banned
Never understood the appeal of the game. It was a pure AC clone with dinos. Tsuishma was a 100x better AC clone. Couldnt even finish it
All NPC including Ygritte (forogt the name) were emotionally like dead fish, human a.i. was laughable and the dodge roll spam sucked. Otherwise ok for a new ip.

angrod14

Lol, the next gen console releases were utterly pointless. They could have easily waited until later this year.
They should delay PS5 launch to 2021
I would argue having them release prematurely is better for the consumer. The sooner they release, the sooner early adopters start testing them, the sooner manufacturers start addressing and correcting faults in production lines, the sooner the consoles start aging and thus, decreasing in price. By the time PS5 has a worthy catalogue you will most likely be able to buy it at a lower price, and with the hardware also being far more reliable than it was in its initial launch stage.

Last edited:

martino

I would not be surprised...thanks god bc is here this gen and improve lot of game remaining in my backlog

Kuranghi

Kinda hyperbole to say "This year was jam packed but now its got nothing"? isn't it? There are like 20 games coming out this year I am really excited for, with 10 more in backlog and 50 more from the past I want to try. I guess I'm lucky to have a broad taste.

Its like someone saying they really like football but then they only watch the last 3 games in the world cup.

Top Bottom