• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West State of Play announced for May 27th

FrankWza

We don't really know shit and he was perfectly right in having doubts for that comparison.

Ear details are probably one of the first thing devs cut from actual gameplay because nobody look these things while killing dino-mofos...
There’s a scale. The scale is what’s important. In-game gameplay vs cinematics is always going to be different. Gameplay to gameplay and cinematic to cinematic the upgrade will be significantly better from last game. You’re comparing 2 different aspects. He was commenting on the same aspect across two games.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
There’s a scale. The scale is what’s important. In-game gameplay vs cinematics is always going to be different. Gameplay to gameplay and cinematic to cinematic the upgrade will be significantly better from last game. You’re comparing 2 different aspects. He was commenting on the same aspect across to games.

Of course there is nothing wrong if we compare cinematic vs cinematic and gameplay vs gameplay, but i'm not sure if the first image is actually cutscene and not pure gameplay...

Varteras

Gold Member
Going forward Horizon made sense but I’d like Guerrilla get to Killzone at some point.
I thought I was the only one. I really want to see them flex on Killzone with this new hardware. They have better writers than they did prior to Horizon so I think any story they come up with will be much better than they've had in the past. But more importantly, they hired people with a background in multiplayer FPS games. So I'd really like to see what they can do with the franchise.

HYPEEEEEE!. I'm glad it is at 5 pm eastern so now there is zero chance I watch it on work break and then become completely distracted for the rest of the day.

We don't really know shit and he was perfectly right in having doubts for that comparison.

Ear details are probably one of the first thing devs cut from actual gameplay because nobody look these things while killing dino-mofos...

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure fotomode will use higher quality assets. Which is what we are going to see the most of.

i think tonite i will try for the 30th time to play the original and not hate it. This has got to be a personal record for how many times i've tried to force myself to play a game and like it.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Horizon Zero Dawn
Aloy.jpg

Horizon Forbidden West
sexy music video GIF

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I thought I was the only one. I really want to see them flex on Killzone with this new hardware. They have better writers than they did prior to Horizon so I think any story they come up with will be much better than they've had in the past. But more importantly, they hired people with a background in multiplayer FPS games. So I'd really like to see what they can do with the franchise.

New IP but with Sci Fi open world RPG shooting, very gritty and futuristic. IMHO...would love to see it

New IP but with Sci Fi open world RPG shooting, very gritty and futuristic. IMHO...would love to see it
I'm kind of wanting someone at Sony to do the opposite, a third person fantasy open world somewhat like Skyrim but faster more fluid gameplay focused on mages. Something where dragons can be mounts, mages can be bad ass with their staves not just when it comes to spells and projectiles but melee combat as well sort of like Saruman was in the Hobbit movie.

Hopefully they drop the PS4 version and it releases this summer
Ever since they announced cross-gen I have completely lost interest and have been waiting for GOW. Maybe they will pleasantly surprise me but FW still needs to run on the base PS4 (5.5 times less power). I am sure they will use the extra power to make things look better ( res, framerate, textures) but I am sure that some of the direction on the new game was dictated by the power of the LCD.

Best case scenario is that they Built it on the PS5 and then trimmed it to run on the PS4 & PRO but I doubt that.

ZehDon

i mean that as well could happen, but I think a remastered would be better.
You're expecting a full blown Remaster to be "shadow dropped"... for a four year old game, a few months before its sequel launches? In what world would that make any kind of business sense?

You really, really need to reign in your expectations.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I'm kind of wanting someone at Sony to do the opposite, a third person fantasy open world somewhat like Skyrim but faster more fluid gameplay focused on mages. Something where dragons can be mounts, mages can be bad ass with their staves not just when it comes to spells and projectiles but melee combat as well sort of like Saruman was in the Hobbit movie.

I’d like both

Sony needs to have a marquee FPS game again

they also need to establish an open world western RPG.

I think GG should do the FPS and Bend should do the RPG

THEAP99

Banned
You're expecting a full blown Remaster to be "shadow dropped"... for a four year old game, a few months before its sequel launches? In what world would that make any kind of business sense?

You really, really need to reign in your expectations.
I mean, it doesn't have to be tomorrow. But maybe an announcement. After all, Spider-Man Ps4 got remastered and released with miles morales. i could see something similar.

ZehDon

I mean, it doesn't have to be tomorrow. But maybe an announcement. After all, Spider-Man Ps4 got remastered and released with miles morales. i could see something similar.
... Spider-Man PS4 got remastered because they made an expansion pack for it that used a lot of the same game assets, so they bundled it all together.

Do you think Horizon: Forbidden West is using a lot of the same assets from Horizon: Zero Dawn?

THEAP99

Banned
... Spider-Man PS4 got remastered because they made an expansion pack for it that used a lot of the same game assets, so they bundled it all together.

Do you think Horizon: Forbidden West is using a lot of the same assets from Horizon: Zero Dawn?
I think it's a possibility considering it is cross-gen and I feel like they've kind of hid horizon gameplay for a while out of fear of it not impressing people like the reveal. like prior to last year I feel like most big sony releases got tons of gameplay shown right away and not just a few months before release.. i mean shit, even horizon zero dawn had some gameplay in the reveal trailer which was two years before release. idk, I hope I am blown away, but I have my doubts. also, a rumor now that forbidden west is gonna be day one on ps now? weird to me.

considering it's a 20-minute state of play focused solely on horizon and yet, it's 14 minutes of gameplay for forbidden west, I am expecting those other 6 minutes to be filled up with something juicy horizon-related stuff, which could include announcements for patches or remasters for the game, plus release date.. so we will see.

ZehDon

... considering it's a 20-minute state of play focused solely on horizon and yet, it's 14 minutes of gameplay for forbidden west, I am expecting those other 6 minutes to be filled up with something juicy horizon-related stuff...
Have you seen many of these things before? I have, so I'm expecting a whole lot of developer fluff. "Blah blah we had a vision", "blah blah PS5 lets us create immersive worlds (ignore the PS4 version)", "blah blah super excited for fans to play next year". The 14 minutes of gameplay will likely have a lot of developer commentary on top and be pretty slow paced so they can show off [X] feature.

As I said before, you need to reign in your expectations.

supernova8

Banned
Woo hoo! My nip nips are erected and ready for the transmission.

Aside: Is it just me, or is it getting easier and easier to spot that someone is going to have their pronouns listed by JUST seeing their bio photo?

I think in certain work environments people might peer-pressured into doing it. All it takes is for one dickhead to be make a fuss about it "OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LIST YOUR PRONOUNS, YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING TRANSPHOBE!" and then right away some latches onto it and unless you just give in, you can potentially (actually) lose your job and it's all over. So yeah I can see why people might put their pronouns even if they don't really feel the need to. I just don't even bother with Twitter, what a circus.

Top Bottom