• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How big do you think the Elden Ring shadow of erdtree will be

SantaC

I am looking forward to play some new Elden Ring content. How big of expansion can we expect? I am kinda hoping it adds 25% more to the game atleast.

With dark souls 3, from released both dlc in a year. Elden ring has yet to recieve anything so i am hoping it is meaty.

iu

SantaC

My hunch is 1 open world region like Liurnia + another more mace-like like Haligtree
It will be almost 2 years since base game. I am hoping for more than that.

Do fromsoft have two teams? I am worried all resources went into that mechgame (i am not interested)

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Considering how Fromsoft makes their DLC i dont expect anything new, its probably going to offer a bit bigger size like 2-3 legacy dungeons with 2-3 mini dungeons such as castles and big caves.
I wish Fromsoft surprise us with unique DLC build, they always tend to do the obvious same formula since 2011, add 3 areas, add 4 harder bosses, add few weapons, call it quit.
Lets hope they add something new this time, new mechanics, new gameplay perspective, perhaps time travel or something entirely new.
But in any case, the standard formula is fine too, as its pretty solid.

SantaC

Considering how Fromsoft makes their DLC i dont expect anything new, its probably going to offer a bit bigger size like 2-3 legacy dungeons with 2-3 mini dungeons such as castles and big caves.
I wish Fromsoft surprise us with unique DLC build, they always tend to do the obvious same formula since 2011, add 3 areas, add 4 harder bosses, add few weapons, call it quit.
Lets hope they add something new this time, new mechanics, new gameplay perspective, perhaps time travel or something entirely new.
But in any case, the standard formula is fine too, as its pretty solid.
We really need new weapons...

Gideon

2 legacy dungeons + 1 absolutely massive legacy dungeon the size of 2-3 leyndell's in area's roughly 40% the size of the game and costing 39.99$

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I imagine another open world area about the size of Liurnia. Maybe a separate legacy dungeon or two along the lines of Crumbling Farum Azula on top of that.

skit_data

I don't know where I read it or if I just dreamt it but I think it's supposed to be almost as big as the base game, but I might be completely wrong

I think it will be quite big.

Season 10 Finale GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yep. I mean if it launches this holiday or early 2024 that’s like a 2 year production cycle. Even assuming the DLC team is smaller than the team that made the base game, I’d expect it to be pretty large.

Last edited:
Maybe it's the entirety of the first game but a different timeline. I could see them doing something like this, different timeline or alternate. Maybe it will exclude like the underground locations though.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I hope its reasonably big since ER is big too, like the size of one region perhaps. It would be weird to have a short DLC for this game, though actually all Dark Souls DLC (and BB!) so far was ace. Even Ashes of Ariandel, which is my least fave, which has the best boss battle in the saga, imo. And Ringed City was fucking awesome.

Yeah, I expect another great DLC here. I wouldn't mind if it takes place in prime Leyndell.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Im more curious when its coming out. Pretty sure development of it started a few months back, so by 2025 it should be ready. Even DLC/expansion cycles are dumb as shit nowadays. Cant wait until we play 1 game every decade.

MadPanda

Banned
I wish they didn't even make it. They could've out their resources to a sequel so we get it faster and better. Two years later is just too late for me to even care. Like I forgot to play the game, forgot all the builds, I remember areas and that's it. I guess it's going to sell well, and even I may buy it due to hype but wish it didn't exist.

Saber

Gold Member
Something about either 25 or 50% of ER.
I'm pretty sure this DLC will complement alot the base game.

Gojiira

Honestly Im thinking it will have a huge new map, plus smaller areas like the Haligtree, legacy dungeons etc BUT I think the dlc will come with a redesign of the Lands Between as well, like TLB either in the past pre Golden Order or Post game as apocalyptic depending on how the dlc is framed.
Honestly if its had 2+ years of dev Im expecting it to be borderline full game size.

Alebrije

Do not think it will be big as a lot of people think, will be like but just hope it will be as good as Dark Souls 2's DLCs

Metnut

25-35% of the base game. One massive massive legacy dungeon and 2-3 substantial dungeons as well with an open world area about the size of Liurnia. Coming mid to late 2024.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
As much as I adore Elden Ring, it’s almost too big…almost. I would like to see them revisit a more linear title in the souls like franchise which I’m sure they will. Shadow of the Erdtree will probably be about 1/3rd of the base game I guess.

linko9

I wish they would take the approach Xenoblade takes and make it standalone. I love the game, but don't look forward to either playing through the entire game again, or doing the DLC with an OP character that I don't remember from over a year in the past.

Top Bottom