• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOW is it possible to imagine MK1 running on Nintendo Switch??

Alebrije

You are facing off against Scorpion. What do you do?

> Punch him
Where do you want to punch Scorpion?

> Punch Scorpion in the head.
You punch Scorpion in the head. He grunts in pain. Scorption throws his spear. What do you do?

> Duck
I don't understand "duck".

> Dodge
What do you want to dodge?

> Dodge the spear.
You fail to dodge the spear. Scorpion yanks you towards him, with a cry of "Come here!". He uppercuts you. You lose a lot of health. Shang Tsung applauds.
But also will need an overcloked Switch to run those graphics at decent fps

Last edited:

CamHostage

Well, I'm stil thinking this Switch anouncement is about the next gen Switch, and NINTENDO is hiding something...

Nope. This game comes out in September, there will not be a Switch replacement out 4 months from now.

Also, they are already taking preorders, they can't do that and then just "flip" those orders to hardware buyers don't have.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Op, did you just ask us to teach you how to imagine something?

Anyway, MK4 ran on PS1. MK2 ran on Game Gear.

The graphics will change, but it’ll be possible. It’s a 2.5D fighter after all

IronLich

MK9 went from a PS3 to a Vita. Exquisite port, despite a few compromises in the Story mode.

With the right team, anything is possible. I'm not optimistic because Mk11 on Switch took a lot of squeezing to fit into that system, but I'm hoping to be surprised, especially when the Switch for fighters makes a good portable lab.

HighPoly

Banned
Op, did you just ask us to teach you how to imagine something?

Anyway, MK4 ran on PS1. MK2 ran on Game Gear.

The graphics will change, but it’ll be possible. It’s a 2.5D fighter after all
I know guys, but I'm afraid, I'm worried cause we're finally at 3 years from 2020 starting gen, and I really want to see a next level graphics!
But ok... MK1 is gonna be better than Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6 though

Hoppa

I’m the sucker that bought MK11 on Switch as well. It’s not that bad actually, obviously the graphics had to be tuned down significantly so they were a bit blocky and menus/UI weren’t great. I don’t recall having any issues with framerate while in a fight UNLESS it was one of those matches where they put environmental hazards in. I think it’ll be another OK port to switch

MK1 is gonna be better than Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6 though
Also wrong

HighPoly

Banned
I’m the sucker that bought MK11 on Switch as well. It’s not that bad actually, obviously the graphics had to be tuned down significantly so they were a bit blocky and menus/UI weren’t great. I don’t recall having any issues with framerate while in a fight UNLESS it was one of those matches where they put environmental hazards in. I think it’ll be another OK port to switch

Also wrong
I mean graphically better than Tekken 8

Draugoth

Gold Member
Just like the Terminator in the downscaled version

mortal-kombat-11-switch-terminator.900x.jpg

mcjmetroid

It's a 1 v 1 fighting game? Why are people confused on how this would work when it's the same system that got the Witcher 3 and Doom eternal on it.

The background effects need to be reduced big time and the resolution but we're not talking about an open world game here by any means.

93xfan

Banned
I know guys, but I'm afraid, I'm worried cause we're finally at 3 years from 2020 starting gen, and I really want to see a next level graphics!
But ok... MK1 is gonna be better than Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6 though

SF6 is pretty amazing. We will see

Banned
MK1 is gonna be better than Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6 though

if they didn't completely remake the fighting system, fired all their animators and hired a team of Japanese ones, and then let the fighting system be redone by a team that made at least a single good one in the past, then no it won't lol

Jubenhimer

Fighting games are very easy genre to port to low end hardware. There's no sprawling, complex open worlds, or bombastic boss fights. It's just two people in a closed arena.

With a little work, even stuff that seems impossible can run on hardware that seems unlikely. Remember Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the Game Boy Advance?

Banned
Fighting games are very easy genre to port to low end hardware. There's no sprawling, complex open worlds, or bombastic boss fights. It's just two people in a closed arena.

With a little work, even stuff that seems impossible can run on hardware that seems unlikely. Remember Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the Game Boy Advance?

why would SF Alpha 3 be seemingly impossible on a system that is vastly more powerful than the CPS2?

mxbison

Probably easy to scale since there won't be a lot going on like physics, tons of assets, large maps etc.

HighPoly

Banned
if Spider Man 2 can't be anything graphically better than last gen, even being made for a next gen console, what to expect from GTA 6? A much more complex open world game? or even MK1 that will be releasing on Switch :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:
Top Bottom