• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive is $799, ships early April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

Man why the hell didn't I get into this first wave? I got my preorder in 5 minutes and my confirmation email came 13 minutes past the hour.

Ha. Yeah I was definitely borderline. What region are u?

Aprox time of your pre-order?

8 minutes in.

Those of you that got their shipping email, did you all use PayPal?

I think I ordered through steam, because the website wasn't working iirc. Definitely credit card though.

8 minutes in.

I think I ordered through steam, because the website wasn't working iirc. Definitely credit card though.

Hm, interesting. I ordered 3 minutes in with CC, still waiting for shipping email. I hope it's not because the payment is "pending". I mean, it didn't trigger any fraud alert or anything, it just hasn't posted to my statement yet.

TheCrow

Since I'm in Chicago and it's shipping from Indiana, I ain't worried about no shipping notice yet. But it sure wouldn't hurt.

Bsigg12

Ha. Yeah I was definitely borderline. What region are u?

I'm in the US, in Colorado. I ordered directly through the HTC site though so I wonder if there was some weird prioritization thing going on with how the HTC site was acting up.

viveks86

I'm in the US, in Colorado. I ordered directly through the HTC site though so I wonder if there was some weird prioritization thing going on with how the HTC site was acting up.

May be that's where everybody was trying, so the queue ended up being longer

Hm, interesting. I ordered 3 minutes in with CC, still waiting for shipping email. I hope it's not because the payment is "pending". I mean, it didn't trigger any fraud alert or anything, it just hasn't posted to my statement yet.

Mine has come off the total of actual credit available on the CC, that's how I know mine has been charged, it won't actually show on my statement for around 2 days.
Can't be difficult for HTC to send out a courtesy email for payment received.

billeh

Apparently they're shipping from Plainfield, IN .. If you looking at this HTC, I'll just drive there. Midwest can probably ship out Monday and it'll be here by launch day.

Keep the shipping money.

Mine has come off the total of actual credit available on the CC, that's how I know mine has been charged, it won't actually show on my statement for around 2 days.
Can't be difficult for HTC to send out a courtesy email for payment received.

Yeah that's where I'm at too. You still waiting for shipping email?

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Well this is my new OT home I guess.

As a DK1 and DK2 owner, I was very disappointed to have to cancel my rift pre-order. I just couldn't take it. Poor form on Oculus part.

I went ahead and put in my Vive pre-order. You guys seem much less depressed over here, so I guess I don't mind waiting a month. Choo choo.

Bookoo

Don't even put HTC in the same continent as Oculus.

Not even fucking close.

My struggle is real. I am in this thread.

Eh, they both had their blunders (Remember the HTC 2015 VIVE launch, but a week or two after they start shipping/receiving no one will care about this.

I am more hopeful that I'll receive my vive before my rift at this point.

undecided

Are people using their confirmation email send time as their order time?

I seem to recall ordering and waiting quite a while for my email to show up..

Compsiox

Banned
Sooo I got everything setup with the proper firmware updates.

Everything but the lighthouses are working fine. The lighthouses are kicking my ass.

One has a green light and one white even when the sync cable is in use.

Awaiting help from some devs.

Yeah that's where I'm at too. You still waiting for shipping email?

Yeah, I'm not worried at all, Lloyds would have phoned me about potential fraud straight away.
You'll be fine, the money has been taken, like I said a courtesy email wouldn't go amiss, how long have HTC been in the hardware game!? You'd think it would be a given.

Yeah, I'm not worried at all, Lloyds would have phoned me about potential fraud straight away.
You'll be fine, the money has been taken, like I said a courtesy email wouldn't go amiss, how long have HTC been in the hardware game!? You'd think it would be a given.

My experience with the Oculus Rift launch has traumatized me! I need an email to satiate my nerves!

YuShtink

Well, don't mean to be a downer but damn after getting both of my pre-orders in within the first couple minutes, I didn't think I'd be faced with the prospect of not having EITHER headset until mid April. Like wtf...

billeh

Assuming most if not all orders are coming from Plainfield, IN .. This map might be a good reference:

p461u.png

lgnd_rEN.png

My experience with the Oculus Rift launch has traumatized me! I need an email to satiate my nerves!

I won't lie, I do want to see that tracking number!!!

Well, don't mean to be a downer but damn after getting both of my pre-orders in within the first couple minutes, I didn't think I'd be faced with the prospect of not having EITHER headset until mid April. Like wtf...

Ha nightmare, the Oculus situation is something else though.

libertytoast

Neo Member
Assuming most if not all orders are coming from Plainfield, IN .. This map might be a good reference:

p461u.png

lgnd_rEN.png

Someone on reddit pointed out that map refers to ground shipping. Almost everyone that pre-ordered got express / 2-day shipping, so it doesn't really apply. Few people in OR confirmed they're getting their Vive on the 5th.

sk3

Banned
Ugh. I got bit by that "out of stock" bug on preorder day.

Confirmation @ 10:19 and I've heard nothing so far.

viveks86

For those who were charged, wait till the end of day guys. I can't imagine it being charged but not being shipped for longer than that.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For those who were charged, wait till the end of day guys. I can't imagine it being charged but not being shipped for longer than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if location had an impact.

I'm shipping near Chicago, was charged yesterday, and haven't received anything shipping wise. It sounds like that's a common story.

Arulan

I was charged early yesterday morning (US). I still haven't received a shipping notification. Hopefully sometime soon...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I assume they're charging eveyone from the US? bunch of European charges came in around midnight (including my failed one last night), so can't be happening in Europe.

I hope that doesn't mean they're also shipping from the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom