• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am so sick of Woke Culture ruining video game character models!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I fear for the future of Lara Croft.
The Office Reaction GIF

A preview of the Lara Croft model leaked

sexy george costanza GIF by HULU

aclar00

I get the feeling that anyone who argues for the uglyfication of characters, are all sad bitter people, who feel better when everything around them is as ugly as themselves.

Strong heroic characters, give you something to admire, and strive to become yourself. You read Conan, and you see a handsome, heroic man. And you desire to become more like him, and strive to better yourself. But people who want everything ugly, they read it, and feel bad. They don't want to put in work and become a better person. They want all there characters to be as whiney, weak, and ugly as themselves, so they don't have to feel bad about themselves.

Funny, cause i feel the opposite for the reasons you give. Low-self esteem people want arbitrary video game characters to be attractive because its something they so desperately want it for themselves. They want it because as you say, they admire it, however they are likely to sorely lack it in their lives and want to at least fantasize about having it via art and media.

These are the same type of people who see the Kardashian and become obsessed and then decide they want 20+ surgeries to be "attractive" as there role models.

Its also they same people who have mundane lives and then get invested in their super human media characters that they hope to see themselves in the chracter one day... and generally without any real effort. You know, like a kid who watches Power Rangers and then does all the moves with the Pow! Pew! Bang! Hiya! and then say they want to be one when they grow up...

Not only that, attractiveness isnt exactly a character trait (at least how it is argued in this topic) that is attainable without plastic surgery or excessive make up and false everything from eyelashes, shoulderpads and glued on hair...

The only real arguments i see that fits the narrative of wanting attractive characters in video games so desperately is for people who want to temporarily place themselves in a "fantasy" world and use it as escapism...which is not likely to inspire or motive them...otherwise it wouldnt be an escape IMO.

I'm not going to sit around and let GAF become a virtue signaling hellhole again. Already been there and through it. It's fine if they think that ugly models are ok. It's not ok to make it seem like there's something wrong with you if you disagree with their opinion though. So fuck the idea (not the person), as you put it.

? Clarify please?
Lol wow triggered much?

Sometimes there are 'correct' human responses to something. Think about it.

I'd argue that there's a correct response to the pedophilic monstrosity that is the cosplay thread for example.

I'm playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition and it's amazing how much things have changed in just a few short years, that we went from the original trilogy, with Miranda and Jack, to Andromeda with Cora Harper and Sarah Ryder. You will probably never see characters like Miranda and Jack from Western devs again, not until this awful woke bullshit gets eradicated.

Here's another example. Anyone bed this fine lass in AC Valhalla. She is one of the only male romance options. Just a hauntingly unattractive woman.

Kb0XDRV.jpg

Regardless of if it was done to please woke culture or not, they shouldn't be changing already established character models. That's not right whichever way you look at it.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Do I have dementia? I swear to God I've seen this same topic arranged differently like four times in the past two days. Can we merge them and make a megathread called "Aloy is the suck, looks constipated," or something?

The only thing that I've ever felt was worth critiquing lately in this line of thinking was Control featuring the Crimson Chin.

But like...holy hell, dudes. Was anyone fapping to Aloy in the first place? Was HZD the last bastion of femininity in games? Did you people lose a mass bet to a mobster loan shark over whether her head or titties would get bigger in the sequel? WHAT'S HAPPENING?!?!?!

THEAP99

Banned
Do I have dementia? I swear to God I've seen this same topic arranged differently like four times in the past two days. Can we merge them and make a megathread called "Aloy is the suck, looks constipated," or something?

The only thing that I've ever felt was worth critiquing lately in this line of thinking was Control featuring the Crimson Chin.

But like...holy hell, dudes. Was anyone fapping to Aloy in the first place? Was HZD the last bastion of femininity in games? Did you people lose a mass bet to a mobster loan shark over whether her head or titties would get bigger in the sequel? WHAT'S HAPPENING?!?!?!
I suggest looking outside of this forum and twitter as people like this are actually very minimal in numbers. They think they're louder and more important than they really are.

You really got offended by this? :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Sarcasm Pepe.
Besides i don't like Star Wars (well i like the games), and don't give a shit about the franchise future but the point was Pepe-kun is you can't do a Baywatch type of show that panders to males and their evil gaze nowadays you may offend the lovely ladies of the 21st century.
triggggg.jpg

Pejo

Lol wow triggered much?

Sometimes there are 'correct' human responses to something. Think about it.

I'd argue that there's a correct response to the pedophilic monstrosity that is the cosplay thread for example.
Boy you just don't have any problems labeling things, do you? So you're telling me that there's a line somewhere in your head that says "liking ugly character models is as morally right as speaking out against pedophilia"? These things are along the same lines for you? I'd argue that the first one is a matter of opinion. It's like saying that "the correct best color is green, all people that like orange are into eating scat" They don't really equate.

Moreover, why does it bother you so much if someone doesn't like a character model based on the perception of that character's attractiveness? Does this hurt you in some way? Does this make the game that you liked any lesser? If we all say "Mario Galaxy 2 sucked because he's short and fat and mustaches are signs of a pedophile (referencing your earlier point), does that mean you should now hate Mario Galaxy 2?

Do you see where the disconnect is?

Funny, cause i feel the opposite for the reasons you give. Low-self esteem people want arbitrary video game characters to be attractive because its something they so desperately want it for themselves. They want it because as you say, they admire it, however they are likely to sorely lack it in their lives and want to at least fantasize about having it via art and media.

These are the same type of people who see the Kardashian and become obsessed and then decide they want 20+ surgeries to be "attractive" as there role models.

Its also they same people who have mundane lives and then get invested in their super human media characters that they hope to see themselves in the chracter one day... and generally without any real effort. You know, like a kid who watches Power Rangers and then does all the moves with the Pow! Pew! Bang! Hiya! and then say they want to be one when they grow up...

Not only that, attractiveness isnt exactly a character trait (at least how it is argued in this topic) that is attainable without plastic surgery or excessive make up and false everything from eyelashes, shoulderpads and glued on hair...

The only real arguments i see that fits the narrative of wanting attractive characters in video games so desperately is for people who want to temporarily place themselves in a "fantasy" world and use it as escapism...which is not likely to inspire or motive them...otherwise it wouldnt be an escape IMO.
Sure, appreciating beauty and beautiful people in art is something only Kardashian-obsessed, low-self esteem people do - not like it was one of the central functions of art since art began from classical sculptors and painters to the world's greatest poets.

It's amazing the knots you people will tie yourselves in to explain political bullshit infesting art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom