• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just want to express my genuine appreciation of Spiderman 2's most accurate presentation of ethnic diversity in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cheerful crowd at park

2J0eijn.jpg

The filthy criminal bastards

tH47EP6.jpg

So glad to see such good presentation in the game!

The 2018 entry is the best in regard to narrative and character arc. Miles sequel was too much teenager rowdiness but it was pretty short.

Then here comes spiderman 2, I'm like 10 hours into the game and oh man they just want to shove everything down to my throat, air pollution, water shortage, food crisis, gay mission, people of color culture preservation.....Jeez just let me play super hero and kick some asses!

I do like the Haley 's mission however, really good implementation, let folks feel what it's like in a deaf person's perspective.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Disappointed that spiderman didnt stop any Nintendo store lootings. At least the first one had some jewlrey shop robberies you had to stop.

someone-just-broke-a-window-in-rockefeller-center-organizers-are-pleading-w-crowd-to-stay-peaceful-they-are-trying-to-move-toward-trump-tower-which-has-heavy-police-presence.large.jpg

Imagine spiderman defeating all the looters then the game cuts to spiderman picking up the mario teddy handing it to a nintendo store employee. now thats a video game moment that goes viral on launch day.

Topher

Gold Member
Disappointed that spiderman didnt stop any Nintendo store lootings. At least the first one had some jewlrey shop robberies you had to stop.

someone-just-broke-a-window-in-rockefeller-center-organizers-are-pleading-w-crowd-to-stay-peaceful-they-are-trying-to-move-toward-trump-tower-which-has-heavy-police-presence.large.jpg

Imagine spiderman defeating all the looters then the game cuts to spiderman picking up the mario teddy handing it to a nintendo store employee. now thats a video game moment that goes viral on launch day.

And how about those cross-gen graphics? pffft

The 2018 entry is best in regard to narrative and character arc. Miles sequel was too much teenager rowdiness but it was pretty short.

Then here comes spiderman 2, I'm like 10 hours into the game and oh man they just want to shove everything down to my throat, air pollution, water shortage, food crisis, gay mission, people of color culture preservation.....Jeez just let me play super hero and kick some asses!

I do like the Haley 's mission however, really good implementation like folks to feel what it's like in a dead person's perspective.
Exactly my thoughts, all that stuff is just boring and feels totally out of place in a superhero game. They could have made so many amazing, fun and interesting side-missions but nope. All that stuff was totally pointless.

I also agree that the Haley mission was cool and different (but still out of place in a game like this..)

The 2018 entry is the best in regard to narrative and character arc. Miles sequel was too much teenager rowdiness but it was pretty short.

I do like the Haley 's mission however, really good implementation, let folks feel what it's like in a deaf person's perspective.
look: i know they sell, as sequels of major titles usually will. but why is it that, lately, the sequels to sony's blockbuster titles are inferior to the originals? unlike, say, uncharted 2, or god of war 2, or resistance 2, or killzone 2?...

look: i know they sell, as sequels of major titles usually will. but why is it that, lately, the sequels to sony's blockbuster titles are inferior to the originals? unlike, say, uncharted 2, or god of war 2, or resistance 2, or killzone 2?...
Bud, we all know it's the elephant in the room but I guess I need say it, because the whole culture has shifted drastically?

old days good writer:

1280px-Chris_Avellone.jpg

Nowadays good writer?

Q4lqzl8.png

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I'm pretty sure the criminals are not represented according to what official data shows for new york.
That's the point OP is trying to make. Spider-man 2's wokeness is beyond belief. Barely any white people in the city except the criminals. No attractive women either or any women wearing skirts or dresses for that matter, just look at that first pic. In fact most women look like lesbians which I guess makes sense because a lot of the chatter you hear when walking by NPCs is LGBT related which is just ridiculous. I heard so many but my favorite one is a girl that says this verbatim:

Is it weird that I'm worried that I'm failing at being bi if I wind up liking a guy? Like coming out, in my mother's words, was so "bleeping dramatic" and then I'm just gonna be in a hetero-normative relationship and then I feel guilty about participating in "bi-erasure"? I'm a mess.

Remember bi women, if you happen to like a guy , that's makes you a willing participant in bi-genocide. This is totally not propaganda. :pie_eyeroll:

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Insomniac has been infiltrated... what more can we say, I'm not buying wolverine until I hear what the writing is like.

I know it has the guy from spec ops the line writing it which sounds great but again, they've been infiltrated. Remember how a nutjob lost their shit and tried to get a senior artist fired because of "boobs on rivet" then the concept art came out and it was barely noticeable and not fan service at all and actually a really cool design overall in line with the franchise.

So how do we know the spec ops the line writer guy isn't just being whipped and abused constantly anytime he writes anything without consulting the panderstone first

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom