• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I obtained a secret transcript of XBox Series X planning meeting talk ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Neu

Banned
tenor.gif

in the works - i hit reply early - stay tuned

So the other day someone approached me in secret to hand me from what he told me was audio recording of the Meeting in Xbox Headquaters back in 2018 when they started the planning of their new console.
he told me that some good men lost their lifes to bring this to light..
To protect me and all persons involved who made it possible to obtain this - i only write down a transcript of what is heard. Please be understanding.

##Start of Transcript##

*noise of a heavy Door gets opend*

*Voice of unknown Person 1 (probably Engineer)*
,, its him - all stand up"

*Voice of Spencer*
,,Sorry iam late everyone - i was out for a walk with Major Nelson"

*several greetings*

*Voice of Spencer*
,,So i finally decided how we approach the Next Gen. With the lead of Sony in Marketshare it is probably a impossible task to gain back trust from People. Because of that we need to Fokus on Gamepass and make clear to the public that Gamepass is actually more importand to us than a Console. "

*Voice of unknown Manager*
,,Enlight us dear Leader - what will be the strategy of Xbox?"

*Voice of Spencer*
,,12''

*Voice of Engineer1*
,, 12 what ?"

*Voice of Spencer*
,,Teraflop"

*Voice of Engineer2*
,,12 Tf? - but that is very difficult to achieve - the Console will cost alot . Like 700$ or more!"

*Voice of Spencer*
,, yes but we´ll just do 12 Tflop - no costly custom tech. Twelve it is! Twelve Teraflops. What do you all say to that?"

*Voice of Engineer2*
,, i mean if we can pull it off actually , then we are good i would say. "

*Voice of Manager*
,, but isn´t that a little narrow of a strategy? We need also Games... Exclusives , like those Sony has.."

*Voice of Spencer*
,,that we can do later - until then Gamepass will be filled up with Third Party Games"

*Voice of Engineer1*
,,So our Console will feature 12 Tf but no other Customisation ?"

*Voice of Spencer*
,,basicly yes - we just grab an unaltered RDNA² Chip from the shelves."

*Voice of Engineer1*
,, but what about Sony? We know that Cerny always relies on heavy customisation. He will propably change alot in that Chip to make it more costeffective and more futureproof. Also rest of their next Console will be designed to be very futureproof. If they stick with their old ways that is.."

*Voice of Spencer*
,,let them do what they want - we go 12. And if they alter RDNA² - we come out and say - only we have full RDNA² Featureset"

*laughter*

*Voice of Manager*
,,Brilliant our dear Leader *(laughs more)*

*Voice of Engineer2*
,, i get it now but we cannot ignore Sonys customisation capabilitys - they might surpass the capabilitys of our console by using their own tech and the know how of that Devil Cerny. How do we counter that?"

*Voice of Spencer*
,,4"

*Voice of Engineer2*
,,4 - what?"

*Voice of Spencer*
,,Teraflop"

*Voice of Engineer1*
,, what do you mean by that? "

*Voice of Spencer*
,, it is simple - along side our 12Tf Console we release a 4Tflop Console"

*Voice of Engineer2*
,,what for? to have a cheaper entry option ???"

*Voice of Engineer1*
,, for sure that and we could neuter Sonys next Console - because Third Partys would need to support it of course. They will likely programm all Games then for that 4Tf machine wich will of course inflict heavy restrictions in Gamedesign and IQ of future games. Thats a good way to prevent Sonys machine beeing heavily supported - developers just dont have enough time and money to make several complete different games for every Console"

*Voice of Spencer*
,, precisely, thats the idea"

*laughter*

*Voice of Manager*
*trys to speak while heavily laughing*
,,muhahahah i like it - thats brilliant our dear leader. lol"

*Voice of Engineer2*
,,but what happens if it actually develops the other way around - it is very likley that Sony will use its weight on developers and demand that their machine will be properly supported , with 12 Tf Developers anyway would like to aim high - they might even use dynamic 4k on heavy games. If that happens our 4Tf Console could end up displaying only a dynamic 1080p with a horrendous 720p as minimal target That will put us in a bad light. Not good PR. And - i should add - that will of course impose restrictions on our own Games - they would need to run on that cheap console as well. "

*Voice of Spencer*
,,you still not get it huh? We are not in the Console Business anymore - we have gamepass! We use 12Tf as a a fig leave of some sort .People will see 12Tf and assume we will mean business. Our Xbox Fans will be happy! The poor will just get the cheap thing. They will also be happy "

*Voice of Engineer1*
,, how did you came up with that Number anyway?"

*Voice of Spencer*
,, oh it happend in the Elevator just before this meeting. I was looking at my watch.. and there it struck me - 12 is also the highest number on Watches, right? So it musst be good..

*laughter*
*Voice of Manager*
*intelligible* *laughter*
*choking noises and more laughter*

*Voice of Engineer2*
,,but in Europe they use the 24Hour system. Watches and Clocks there show 24 Hours.. they could then think we are only half assing"

*Voice of Spencer*
,,who cares.. thats the Idea anyways. To half ass around just long enough so we can sell some gamepasses to people"

*a loud sneeze is heard*

*Voice of Manager*
,,what was that?"

*Voice of Engineer1*
,,it think came from under the table..

*loud noises of someone crawling , then running*

*Voice of Spencer*
,,its him! Its Andrew House the little twat -catch the fucker!!"

*Voice of Manager*
*trembling voice*,, he was hiding there all along.. "

*running voices , then a door is slammed open, Cellphone hits the doorhandle and hits the floor*
*Voice of House*
,,FUCK!"

*noises of running People*

*Voice of Spencer*
,,pick that up"

##End of Transcript##

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom