• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I thirst for the next new AAA Playstation IP

What else could you possibly want or expect?

Newsflash, there's no new genre waiting to be invented. You're going to get games with good story and good mechanics within the general conventions that gaming established many years ago as a medium, or you're not going to get them. Simple as.

I don't know if it's going to be funny or infuriating to see the same people whining about Sony's "formula" of single player games with high production values with some focus on characters or story and a pretty decent "objective" floor of quality - as if that's not exactly the kind of game and IP that has survived as either smash hits or "cult classics" since the 3D era started - turn around and start reminiscing about "the old Sony" or some shit. Kinda like it's infuriating now to see people who made fun of and didn't buy the artsy shit and/or Japanese stuff Sony did here and there during the PS3 pretend like they have the slightest interest in that kind of product just for the sake of contrarianism.

Gamers in 2014: “how dare EA SAY SINGLE PLAYER GAMES ARE DEAD”

Gamers in 2022: “man im so tired of sonys big budget single player games”

Gamers in 2024: “man im so sick of multiplayer games, i wish the ps4 era sony would come back”

ProtoByte

Gamers in 2014: “how dare EA SAY SINGLE PLAYER GAMES ARE DEAD”

Gamers in 2022: “man im so tired of sonys big budget single player games”

Gamers in 2024: “man im so sick of multiplayer games, i wish the ps4 era sony would come back”
The thing is that the single player stuff at the level Sony's first party is putting out is extremely rare. They're practically the only ones at this level. Most 3rd parties that still do SP are struggling to maintain standards set 5+ years ago. Whereas there's more multiplayer shovelware being slapped onto storefronts every month by studios that have no business doing it.

Truly and indictment on "enthusiast forums".

Last edited:
The thing is that the single player stuff at the level Sony's first party is putting out is extremely rare. They're practically the only ones at this level. Most 3rd parties that still do SP are struggling to maintain standards set 5+ years ago. Whereas there's more multiplayer shovelware being slapped onto storefronts every month by studios that have no business doing it.

Truly and indictment on "enthusiat forums".

yep, if sony stops making their big single player games its pretty much over. You really only have rockstar left after that who make one new game every 10 years at this point.

ProtoByte

yep, if sony stops making their big single player games its pretty much over. You really only have rockstar left after that who make one new game every 10 years at this point.
Yeah. If this type of game dies out, I'm done with the medium.

Multiplayer games used to be better, but they're entirely corrupted now. As much as people talk about "stagnation", there's too high a number of casual and core gamers that are ready and willing to play the literal same game for 5-10+ years at a time. And not even necessarily because the game is good, but because it's in with the Twitch meta or whatever.

That shit truthfully boggles my mind, and it's not like I'm some kind of gaming boomer.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Wolverine will probably be the next new IP. Looking forward to that one. Hopefully, Insomniac makes it a bit darker than Spider-man though.
If they keep making it darker, it will become a Daredevil game.

kind GIF

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

It’s wild that y’all can’t accept that people don’t like the same things you like. 20-30 hour games with 9-10 hours of it being cutscenes. You can tell an amazing story without trying to blend cinema and gaming into a genre. I get that people like that but I don’t and you know what, that’s okay. And that’s my problem with these big budget blockbuster Sony games, they all follow that same basic formula and if you love it that’s great. Sales and critical acclaim are on your side, so save the butthurt diatribes because you won and it looks like you will keep winning.

For my money, and for the quality of work that Sony 1st party studios are capable of, I’d love to see them take a stab at a nice epic single player action-rpg told from the 1st person and set in a gorgeous and detailed open world, with a litany of side quests and deep lore. But that’s just me.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I don’t like the template of it which is a mishmash of all Sony AAA traits that at this point leave me completely cold. I can’t stand the endless mocap, the collection marathon, the brainless puzzles, the painted walls to climb, the forced walking, the marvel-like big themes that don’t land… And because it’s selling like crazy they’ll double down on it. I hate the blockbuster mentality of the new Sony. Returnal being the big exception but that game shares nothing with the rest of their output.
While I understand what you're saying,

(1) there's no one else that makes games like this at this scale, so Sony is filling a gap in the market. Otherwise, we would not get games like this at all, and

(2) despite this formula/type of games, Sony does experiment a lot, e.g., Death Stranding, Dreams, Sackboy, Returnal, Astrobot, Predators, Destruction All Stars, Helldivers, Concrete Genie, PS VR 2 games. It is unrealistic to expect 100% experimentation without playing it safe and recovering money elsewhere. I think they have the right balance.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Stagnation?

It definitely feels that way to me. My PS5 has been gathering dust for months, there is no reason for me to turn it on at the moment.
Most recently I tried Horizon FW and I was disillusioned, if not a little disappointed, at the impudence with which a mid-range game is pressed into a breathtaking technical garb, but at its core it remains a mid-range game, but no one wants to see it - especially not the big magazines that give dream ratings.
It feels like the majority of the big Sony games are just rehashed stuff from PS3 / PS4 times, I'm looking for something fresh in vain. The TLOU remake and GoW I must unfortunately leave on the track, I know it's just more of the same of what bores me.
Maybe in a few years there will come a time when I feel to like this formula again, but right now I'm supersaturated and passing the time with the Steam Deck and old games from a time when games did things new and were innovative.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Who’s going to deliver this game?

Insomniac have their hands full with Spider-Man 2, Wolverine and Rarchet.

Naughty Dog seem to have abandoned new ideas with Factions, TLoU 3 and future Uncharted games being touted.

Guerrilla have just delivered Horizon. For me their games are solid but not generation defining, never have been.

Santa Monica have just delivered GoW and have only ever worked on GoW. Cory Barlog’s game? That’s a lot of pressure.

For me those are their 4 best studios (no, Sucker Punch don’t come close).

In my opinion Sony shouldn’t have green lit TLoU 2 and should have tasked ND with once again reinventing themselves.

Banjo64

cumsessed
the only AAA games i can even get excited about these days. Started to think of games i want to see at TGA and really just comes down to sony 1st or 2nd party stuff and final fantasy, maybe elden ring dlc
To each their own but I’m hyped for Tears of the Kingdom, Starfield and Hogwarts Legacy next year. More so than I was for God of War and Horizon’s sequels.

It’s wild that y’all can’t accept that people don’t like the same things you like. 20-30 hour games with 9-10 hours of it being cutscenes. You can tell an amazing story without trying to blend cinema and gaming into a genre. I get that people like that but I don’t and you know what, that’s okay. And that’s my problem with these big budget blockbuster Sony games, they all follow that same basic formula and if you love it that’s great. Sales and critical acclaim are on your side, so save the butthurt diatribes because you won and it looks like you will keep winning.

For my money, and for the quality of work that Sony 1st party studios are capable of, I’d love to see them take a stab at a nice epic single player action-rpg told from the 1st person and set in a gorgeous and detailed open world, with a litany of side quests and deep lore. But that’s just me.
So you want Sony to stop making high quality story narrative based games the industry recognizes as a necessity, to create:

* an open world game filled with lifeless AI?

* Shitty animations with below average combat?

*Towns and settlements where you have to clear enemies to meet new merchants and get fetch quest missions?

*Lore and narritive that can only be found if you look in abandoned buildings through books/letters?

You're essentially asking Sony to make their games so bare, that the only thing left for the player to interact with is just lifeless AI on an open map. If that's what you like, that's fine, but why ask Sony to make that game when Fallout and Skyrim already exist? Starfield coming out next year.

It's the equivalent of saying "I'm tired of Nintendo's formula of making kid games like Mario and Pokemon. I want to see them make a new game like Grand Theft auto or TLOU".

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
You are judging them in a vacuum, step back and realize how dumb this post is. If Sony is stagnating wtf is Nintendo doing? Xbox? Get ready for a million Rpgs that play the same.
Mate. I know it's hard sometimes to know stuff you are talking about...
...but claiming that Xbox is about "million RPGS that play the same" is just pure stupidity.

From 23 (not counting Activision) XGS studios
1 is Mojang (Minecraft)
1 is making mobile games (Alpha Dog)
4 are making FPS games (343, id Software, Arkane, The Initiative) - maybe 5 if you count MachineGames because of Wolf
4 are making RPG games (Playground, Obsidian, inXile, BGS)
2 are making racing games (Playground, Turn 10)
5 are making action adventure games (Rare, Ninja Theory, Compulsion, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks)
1 is making RTS (World's Edge)
2 are making third-person "shooters" (Undead Labs, The Coalition)
1 is making multi-genre games (Double Fine)
2 are question marks (Roundhouse, ZOS)

So I really don't know where is this stuff about RPGs coming from. You can say whatever about XGS, but you can't say that they are homogenous in terms of variety.
Like...there is a reason for all that memes about "PlayStation template" :)

Last edited:

Vick

It’s wild that y’all can’t accept that people don’t like the same things you like. 20-30 hour games with 9-10 hours of it being cutscenes. You can tell an amazing story without trying to blend cinema and gaming into a genre. I get that people like that but I don’t and you know what, that’s okay.
Maybe some people here are just used to, and tired of, hypocrites and disingenuous people.
Just read you are excited for Hellblade II for instance, and yet here you are complaining about games on another platform with actual game systems and layered combat mechanics intersected with probably one third of the former's cutscenes while being infinitely longer and less linear..
Or that you like story being told via gameplay instead of cutscenes, which is exactly what Sony studios do and did since Uncharted 2, while in the process pissing off to no end other many users like that 0101010 guy who wants cutscenes instead and complains every single second of his existence about this.

The truth is that certain companies cannot win with certain people, no matter what they do.

Maybe some people here are just used to, and tired of, hypocrites and disingenuous people.
Just read you are excited for Hellblade II for instance, and yet here you are complaining about games on another platform with actual game systems and layered combat mechanics intersected with probably one third of the former's cutscenes while being infinitely longer and less linear..
Or that you like story being told via gameplay instead of cutscenes, which is exactly what Sony studios do and did since Uncharted 2, while in the process pissing off to no end other many users like that 0101010 guy who wants cutscenes instead and complains every single second of his existence about this.

The truth is that certain companies cannot win with certain people, no matter what they do.

The grass isn't greener on the other far side though, with Playstation (Playstation 4/5 to be specific) fanboys possessed by their tribalism (that form 65% of NeoGAF), furiously stroking their cock over a trinkle of temporary exclusives.

As for me, i think exclusive video games are essential for a console machine, otherwise it's not worth purchasing.. and that's about as far as my opinion goes. There are a billion and one choices regarding what to play, be it delving into the endless retro scene (which in itself can last multiple lifetimes) or sticking with modern releases, or both.

As an outsider, people that incenssantly shit on Sony's umbrella of 1st party exclusives and people that incenssantly praise the catalogue beyond their worth are two sides of the same coin.

Vick

The grass isn't greener on the other far side though, with Playstation (Playstation 4/5 to be specific) fanboys possessed by their tribalism (that form 65% of NeoGAF), furiously stroking their cock over a trinkle of temporary exclusives.
Sure.. I myself had my fair share of fights over TLOUII abysmal story and grown to actually hate its fanbase.

But at the end of the day I'm a single player guy who loves most of Sony produced games, couldn't care less about multiplayer expiration dates and GaaS and shit, last Xbox game I was excited about was actually Dead Rising 4, and I'm not a fan of AA titles since most of the time controls (most important thing in a game to me) are a janky mess.. so of course I'm a Sony crusader here given it's only the amount of nonsense and insane nitpicking aimed towards the last games keeping me in this hobby, from warriors who watch them on YouTube to then parrot trolls's catchy phrases, get on my nerves everytime I come here to discuss games in a supposed "enthusiast" forum.

As for me, i think exclusive video games are essential for a console machine, otherwise it's not worth purchasing.. and that's about as far as my opinion goes. There are a billion and one choices regarding what to play, be it delving into the endless retro scene (which in itself can last multiple lifetimes) or sticking with modern releases, or both.

As an outsider, people that incenssantly shit on Sony's umbrella of 1st party exclusives and people that incenssantly praise the catalogue beyond their worth are two sides of the same coin.
Certainly agree.

Last edited:

i don’t have to defend my position, I don’t need to justify how I feel. These game styles are long in the tooth and I want something different, and that’s okay, even if you combed through my post history so you could make an anecdote about Hellblade. You realize you can want something different and still try to enjoy video games that fall into that trap, right? Let’s check the emotion at the door next time how about that?

So you want Sony to stop making high quality story narrative based games the industry recognizes as a necessity, to create:

* an open world game filled with lifeless AI?

* Shitty animations with below average combat?

*Towns and settlements where you have to clear enemies to meet new merchants and get fetch quest missions?

*Lore and narritive that can only be found if you look in abandoned buildings through books/letters?

You're essentially asking Sony to make their games so bare, that the only thing left for the player to interact with is just lifeless AI on an open map. If that's what you like, that's fine, but why ask Sony to make that game when Fallout and Skyrim already exist? Starfield coming out next year.

It's the equivalent of saying "I'm tired of Nintendo's formula of making kid games like Mario and Pokemon. I want to see them make a new game like Grand Theft auto or TLOU".
No. You didn’t need to write all that out, it’s a pretty silly thing to say. Not ever game like that needs to be a Skyrim clone, and believe it or not, Sony had a rich history of making diverse games. They weren’t always following this formula, and therefore asking Sony to try a new approach to tell a story is nothing at all like asking Nintendono to make a GTA game. Chill with the hyperbole.

yurinka

Is there anything better than the smell of a new AAA Playstaion IP?

The Last of Us type moments don't come along often, but when they do oh boy

This generation will have a huge Playstation killer app I can feel it in veins
I recently platinumed GoWR and got the 100% after 92 hours, so I can rest and wait for a while.

Regarding new IPs, Sony is working on a lot of them. There are at least 2 Bungie ones in the works, at least one of them to be relesed by/before 2025, and new IPs coming from Bend, Haven, Firewalk, Deviation, London Studio, Housemarque, Ballistic Moon, Team Ninja, different Chinese studios and apparently also (if not now, soon) Sony Santa Monica or Naughty Dog. There are also studios like Bluepoint, Pixel Opus, Team Asobi, Media Molecule or Guerrilla that we have no idea if they are working on a new IP or not.

We know that around half of the games under development at PS Studios are new IPs, plus there are the Bungie ones and the 3rd party ones. According to Jimbo PS5 will have more exclusives than any previous PS console, meaning we'll have a lot of exclusive AAA new IPs and looking at the Sony track record make sure that a good percentage of them will be great and very successful.

Eh. I’m kind of over third person games with hours and hours of cutscene and set pieces. Let’s try something new this time.
Sony has shorter games like Ratchet Rift apart, Morales, Lost Legacy and games without cutscenes and set pieces focus like Gran Turismo, Sackboy, Dreams or MLB just to name a few examples. Plus there's all their VR stuff.

In fact Sony is maybe the big publisher with the most diverse portfolio in terms of genres and types of games.

They’ll keep selling well and people will hush while critics throw awards and high ratings at them, while the formula grows horridly stale to me. At this point, I’m more excited for the movies and tv shows based on the games than I am for new versions of the games.
These Sony games are selling over 15M and in some cases even 20M and get critical acclaim and lots of awards. Way more than before.

So as a company, even if Sony also makes many very different types of games and funds external indies/3rd parties that cover even more types of game, they'll continue focusing on that because it's what it works best for them and what most people wants them to do, more Uncharted, Horizon, God of War, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima etc. and similar because it's what dozens of millions of people buys them, like them and ask for them.

They won't cancel or stop making a game with potential >20M sales only because a handful of forum users don't like them.

Last edited:
As for new AAA Ups, sure the PS3 era was much better. Sony is maybe suffering from the same thing plaguing Ubisoft : uniformity. Too bad because they show with Returnal that they can put out brilliant games that is not openworld + third person + politically correct shit that only USA people like. They're prisoner of their own success it seems.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I don’t like the template of it which is a mishmash of all Sony AAA traits that at this point leave me completely cold. I can’t stand the endless mocap, the collection marathon, the brainless puzzles, the painted walls to climb, the forced walking, the marvel-like big themes that don’t land… And because it’s selling like crazy they’ll double down on it. I hate the blockbuster mentality of the new Sony. Returnal being the big exception but that game shares nothing with the rest of their output.
Sony needs more exclusives like Returnal, games that aren't cut from the same cloth as all those other 3rd person adventures with lots of focus on story and looking cool.

PS4 had some cool ones like Bloodborne, Persona 5 or Gravity Rush 2.

I think they should focus more on that because, with the current line-up of exclusives, I have the feel that they are putting all the eggs in the same basket.

Fbh

I'd be nice but I'm not expecting much, and I'm afraid that when we start seeing new IP's they'll primarily be live service crap.
With how high AAA production are becoming it only makes sense to double down on existing IP. Wolverine is the perfect fit in that it's technically a new gaming IP but it's also a very well known character from a very well known franchise.

TrebleShot

Cant wait, sign me up.
Just off of finishing GOW R and it being an incredible experience, looking forward to all the post game content.

But I can’t imagine what they have up their sleeves. The best in the business.

sainraja

as someone who just finished Ragnarök, let me tell you... many modern games aren't just a few minutes in a 50 hour game.
if you play the main quest line basically half of your time spent is either cutscene or slow walking, with one of the slow walking sequences I just had to retroactively record and time, clocking in at more than 10 fucking minutes without pause!

that's why nowadays, as soon as a trailer shows what is clearly a slow walking sequence, I am absolute mentally disengaged in an instant and will ignore the rest of the trailer.
the fact that this dogshit excuse for gamedesign is so prevalent is shocking to me.
How is it not clear to you _at this point_ that those games are not designed for you?
There are plenty of other games for you to play. :D

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
After GOWR & HFW i can’t say i’m looking forward to any more AAA games from Sony tbh. Most of their big name studios make games that cater more to the woke crowd now.

W’ll see what happens to Wolverine, i bet Sony will force Insomniac into that PG13 territory. That would suck big time…

These Sony games are selling over 15M and in some cases even 20M and get critical acclaim and lots of awards. Way more than before.

So as a company, even if Sony also makes many very different types of games and funds external indies/3rd parties that cover even more types of game, they'll continue focusing on that because it's what it works best for them and what most people wants them to do, more Uncharted, Horizon, God of War, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima etc. and similar because it's what dozens of millions of people buys them, like them and ask for them.

They won't cancel or stop making a game with potential >20M sales only because a handful of forum users don't like them.
Yes I am aware of that. If I was Sony I wouldn't stop making games that garner the highest orders of critical and commercial success. It's a winning ticket -- but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see them take a stab at an alternate method of telling these great stories. Don't get me wrong: I totally realize how great these games are and how lucky gamers are to have them, I don't want to come off as ungrateful or spiteful, like I totally get it. But when I play something like Cyberpunk or Skyrim and I see how amazing these games at times can be, I just can't but wonder how amazing those types of games would be if someone with a high degree of skill, polish, and support, were to make a game like that. And I don't think about would disagree with me that most Sony 1st party studios are cream of the crop.

anothertech

Wish people that “hated sony movie woke games” would just move on already. We get it

No one is forcing any of you to go pay 70 dollars to play games you hate
It's hard to move on from genre defining game discussions when you have fuckall to discuss on your favorite platform.

You don't like it cause it's not on your favorite plastic box. Cool. Stop pretending you care about games.

Yes I am aware of that. If I was Sony I wouldn't stop making games that garner the highest orders of critical and commercial success. It's a winning ticket -- but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see them take a stab at an alternate method of telling these great stories. Don't get me wrong: I totally realize how great these games are and how lucky gamers are to have them, I don't want to come off as ungrateful or spiteful, like I totally get it. But when I play something like Cyberpunk or Skyrim and I see how amazing these games at times can be, I just can't but wonder how amazing those types of games would be if someone with a high degree of skill, polish, and support, were to make a game like that. And I don't think about would disagree with me that most Sony 1st party studios are cream of the crop.
Ghost of Tsushima Days Gone and Horizon are basically what you're talking about. But like you're saying I'd like to see one of the Playstation studios do a full blown single player RPG with characters customizations and quests. Basically like a Bethesda game. Which they may have to do now since the Xbox - Bethesda deal is sealed.

NahaNago

Yeah, I'm kinda really wanting a new AAA playstation ip as well. I do like that they are doing sequels and remakes but you have to mix in new games as well. They can release like the next horizon, god of war, or spiderman game on the ps6.

Ghost of Tsushima Days Gone and Horizon are basically what you're talking about. But like you're saying I'd like to see one of the Playstation studios do a full blown single player RPG with characters customizations and quests. Basically like a Bethesda game. Which they may have to do now since the Xbox - Bethesda deal is sealed.
I thought Days Gone was amazing despite a lot of the flack it got, by far my favorite Sony game in a long time.

MiguelItUp

I don't want to be excited about anything without knowing what it is, lmao.

I enjoyed Ragnarok enough, but I think I want and need a good long break from the whole "video game wants to be a movie so bad" thing. I felt like I spent majority of my time watching and listening rather than playing. Over that.

Whatever IT is, I hope there's more playing than watching and listening.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
i want an open world gran turismo spinoff/new franchise to compete with Forza Horizon- they've gotten a bit stale, i think a competitior could shake things up.
I also think they should make an RTS franchise since Nintendo's expanding their strategy lineup with Pikmin, and Microsoft has Age of Empires on their side.
outside of competition i think Sony could do good making a mainstream Rhythm game, sony owns a record label too so they'd have a gigantic list of music to choose from, but they could also contract Konami to get a lot of their rhythm game artists to make music for said game (or bring over other tracks) Rhythm games still have potential but there hasn't been a big one in the past 10 years that have captured people the same way Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero did (besides Osu which is only known if you're in internet circles anyways)

I thought Days Gone was amazing despite a lot of the flack it got, by far my favorite Sony game in a long time.
I agree. I adore that game. Bend Studios deserves nothing but the highest praise going from the PS Vita to Days Gone on PS4.

And the game is even better on PS5 which is what Sony should have saved it for.

If they did that it would have had another year or two in the oven, it would have been even longer of a game with more meat and there wouldn't have been severe performance issues at launch (theoretically).

But Days Gone and The Order 1886 show why Playstation studios stick with such a strict game layout.

The majority of players and critics didn't really like either of them it seems.

Last edited:

TonyK

I'm always hyped for Sony exclusives, but at the end of the day only Naughty Dog and Santa Monica worth that hype. Guerrilla, Insomniac, Sucker Punch... are not better than other multiplatform AAA companies. For example, none of those studios have done a better open world than Rocksteady's Batman games. Rockstar is in another league so I will not compare with them.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

I'm seeing this sentiment a lot the last few days and its probably the saddest and most desperate fanboy drivel I've ever seen. Ever.

If you like Pentiment then the argument is you are obligated to like Goodbye Volcano High or else you're a hypocrite because they are apparently exactly the same game. If you felt letdown with Ragnarok you are obligated to dislike Hellblade 2 before the game even comes out or else you're a hypocrite. Its literally the saddest Sony fan cope I've ever seen.

1. Hellblade 2 isn't even out and people barely have a sense of what its going to be like. This is massively premature reaction and trolling.
2. Hellblade 2 and God of War are not identical games. Ragnarok is leaning more into Marvel style dialogue with no camera cuts. Hellblade 2 looks more like the movie The Northerner than a Marvel movie, and seems a lot darker and focused on mental illness and will potentially have more cinematic camera angles, but we have to wait and see since we've barely seen the game. It is pathetic that this has to be said, but it is possible to like 1 of these games and not the other. They're not identical.

This is pathetic. Its like you're literally worried that people may enjoy a game that's not even out yet. Just let people play it and see how they feel. I swear we are going to hear these troll comments anytime Hellblade is ever shown now, literally trying to bully people into not liking it as some sort of gotcha lol. Grow up.

Last edited:
I'm seeing this sentiment a lot the last few days and its probably the saddest and most desperate fanboy drivel I've ever seen. Ever.

If you like Pentiment then the argument is you are obligated to like Goodbye Volcano High or else you're a hypocrite because they are apparently exactly the same game. If you felt letdown with Ragnarok you are obligated to dislike Hellblade 2 before the game even comes out or else you're a hypocrite. Its literally the saddest Sony fan cope I've ever seen.

1. Hellblade 2 isn't even out and people barely have a sense of what its going to be like. This is massively premature reaction and trolling.
2. Hellblade 2 and God of War are not identical games. Ragnarok is leaning more into Marvel style dialogue with no camera cuts. Hellblade 2 looks more like the movie The Northerner than a Marvel movie, and seems a lot darker and focused on mental illness and will potentially have more cinematic camera angles, but we have to wait and see since we've barely seen the game. It is pathetic that this has to be said, but it is possible to like 1 of these games and not the other. They're not identical.

This is pathetic. Its like you're literally worried that people may enjoy a game that's not even out yet. Just let people play it and see how they feel. I swear we are going to hear these troll comments anytime Hellblade is ever shown now, literally trying to bully people into not liking it as some sort of gotcha lol. Grow up.

No it makes perfect sense to point out the hypocrisy there.

If your number one complaint about Ragnarok is “forced walking” “taking away control of the player” “feeling like you’re watching a movie” “combat isn’t that great”

Then you should in no way be hyped for Hellblade 2, or in recent examples something like plague tale and Callisto Protocol since by comparison god of war is far more gamey than all the above and actually has challening optional content and bosses.

Last edited:
No it makes perfect sense to point out the hypocrisy there.

If your number one complaint about Ragnarok is “forced walking” “taking away control of the player” “feeling like you’re watching a movie” “combat isn’t that great”

Then you should in no way be hyped for Hellblade 2, or in recent examples something like plague tale and Callisto Protocol since by comparison god of war is far more gamey than all the above and actually has difficult optional content and bosses.
It isn't hypocrisy. You can be tired of the specific mechanics inherit within a genre but still look forward to another similar title, for any number of reasons. That user looked through my post history to try and find a "gotcha" moment and make this into some silly war over plastic boxes. The world isn't black and white, and just because you can't wrap your head around the idea that people like things you don't, or dislike things you do like, doesn't make them a fanboy, or wrong.

I'm excited for Hellblade because the story, the same reason I was excited for TLOU2, despite feeling like the mechanics were getting stale and long in the tooth. For a moment, maybe stop trying to view every conversation as something you want to win but instead an actual discussion between two people.

Last edited:
I’m hype for their GAAS. TLOU factions is one of my most hype games. They neeeeeed an rpg too.
As long as its not a looter shooter lol. The grind to always get better gear and when you get it and its max level, a new season drops, and you old gear now sucks so gotta grind out and do dailies and what not. Man, FUCK that lol.

As long as its not a looter shooter lol. The grind to always get better gear and when you get it and its max level, a new season drops, and you old gear now sucks so gotta grind out and do dailies and what not. Man, FUCK that lol.
Hope they have a DMZ type mode but also a state of decay crew style building mode as well. Resource management.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Completely agree that last of us was a good story it’s a ps3 game that Sony got a lot of juice out of, I think their plan is ff7, Spider-Man 2, last of us 3, GT8 and Horizon 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom