• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want to share my experience with Dualsense™, pls no ban

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Disclaimer, my first attempt to this thread was a clickbait and I did not meant to offended anyone, it should have been joke and in somewhat self-reflective manner. So hopefully this is going to be okay thread. And yes I am only buying Xbox so far, so that thread name was jokingly accurate.

----

I had a way to my parents/brother house today and he somewhat snagged PS5, so I obviously tried his new gaming machine and few things:

PS5 is even more ugly in person and it's really fucking big, pictures really does not give it a justice. But yeah it's cool and silent, so design is great, because this is what ultimately matters, at least for me who are putting shit inside cabinet.

Seems like in Czech, even with PS+ those cards like was touted in that UI video presentation does not work. I did not try it, but I was informed it. So if it's like some regional thing, it's bullshit.

But most importantly. Dualsense. That haptics on that thing is amazing! Played like a half an hour of Astrodude/Sackboy, felt great a legitimately elevated the experience. Also even before that, I obviously watched how it wroks inside and I feel doing haptics with sound (like haptics is driven by sound and trasnportated to rumbe pack which is just more magnet and less membrane speaker). And truly, this is full on amazing.

Haptics are different than rumble, however it feels much more tight, much more premium than rumble. However it's not that strong, at least in the games I tried that.

For first time ever, PS controller has nice ergonomic shape, nicely big, fits greatly in the hand. Good surface polish, feels premium.

What I am not too hot on are those triggers(L2/R2), firstly, the shape is nowhere near the greatness XB controller triggers. And secondly, played Cod: CW, it just felt weird and shooting for someone and getting some resistive sesation from triggers, which is different to any game. To be honest, it's pretty inoffensive with Astrodude, but with shooting shit, just no. Thankfully you can turn that off.

So yeah, I am contemplating where to get PS5 and I probably wait till some Slim/Pro version. But this is amazing addition for players.

Also want to add a pic, of his guardian of PS5. This is his Cerny pug : ) Cerny = black in Czech
snimekobrazovky2020-17gjks.png

Last edited:
I really think Sony should allow their controller on PC with full access to all features. I think this because they'll still sell lots of controllers, the PS5 will still be the only console where you can use the controller, and loads of developers will build their games to support all the functionality of the controller if the PC market will be wanting those features as well. If PS5 is the only platform to allow those features, I think developers will see supporting them as less of a priority.

M1chl

I love that big bitch though.
It's divisive in my honest opinion. Half of people going to love it, half of people going to hate it. I applaud sony for trying something. But personally to me it has the shape as if it would be broken and I am triggered. Honestly, I embarassed to say that. I have still some mental issues. But yeah, it's B O L D design : )

Nymphae

Banned
And secondly, played Cod: CW, it just felt weird and shooting for someone and getting some resistive sesation from triggers, which is different to any game

I love this and figured I'd have turned it off by now, but I haven't. YMMV with this feature

M1chl

says a lot about this place that you have to ask not to get banned for criticising the PS5.
Nah it was this way put, it was not because of critising anything, takze a look:

I wanted to be edgy and failed, but I felt pumped from the experience, so I shoot for the moon and reached for the basement...

M1chl

Super cute pug: automatic ban avoidance.
I like that dog a lot : )

I really think Sony should allow their controller on PC with full access to all features. I think this because they'll still sell lots of controllers, the PS5 will still be the only console where you can use the controller, and loads of developers will build their games to support all the functionality of the controller if the PC market will be wanting those features as well. If PS5 is the only platform to allow those features, I think developers will see supporting them as less of a priority.
I though Valve is doing full on support for that? Because the haptics are done in extremely elegant way, that it surelly could not be that hard to implement.

Judging by the thread title, I was prepared for some cringey sexual vibration stuff.

Good thing I was wrong.
Why is that, there is some vibrator named "dual sense"?

Nymphae

Banned
Absolutely, I agree, I think it adds to "feeling" but for me it simply felt weird, but hey options are always cool : )

I do wish there was an option to disable trigger resistance and overall haptics but revert to old style rumble. Your options are either fully feature rich or everything off. I don't like playing with absolutely no rumble, but at times I was thinking I wouldn't mind turning off the haptics and shit because of battery life.

I'm super glad I got the bundle with 2 controllers because I get about 1 day and a bit out of a charge before I'm down to one bar and need to plug in. The USB cords really do need to be longer so you can comfortably play and charge.

M1chl

I do wish there was an option to disable trigger resistance and overall haptics but revert to old style rumble. Your options are either fully feature rich or everything off. I don't like playing with absolutely no rumble, but at times I was thinking I wouldn't mind turning off the haptics and shit because of battery life.

I'm super glad I got the bundle with 2 controllers because I get about 1 day and a bit out of a charge before I'm down to one bar and need to plug in. The USB cords really do need to be longer so you can comfortably play and charge.
Yeah sure, however I don't feel like this haptic can really supply rumble, because even on strongest settings it felt pretty weak. It's simply different, rumble is somewhat "all over the place" and this haptics are "tight". If that make sense, probably perfect controller would be dualsense, plus somewhere normal rumble motor.

Nymphae

Banned
Yeah sure, however I don't feel like this haptic can really supply rumble, because even on strongest settings it felt pretty weak. It's simply different, rumble is somewhat "all over the place" and this haptics are "tight". If that make sense, probably perfect controller would be dualsense, plus somewhere normal rumble motor.

I'm not noticing that myself, I feel like it's adequately strong when it needs to be, and I actually turned it down to 50% in CoD

M1chl

And just like that, NeoGaf now loves M1chl M1chl !
Well, I am sure I am in hearts of many people here.

I'm not noticing that myself, I feel like it's adequately strong when it needs to be, and I actually turned it down to 50% in CoD
Hmm strange, have you own XB controller or Xbox itself? Because that rumble is way stronger than on DS4 for example. But let's just said, that rumble can fucke up your aim, so I understand what are you saing : )

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned
well thats your opinion op,dualsense on call of duty is amazing,i can feel all the weapons different,also used it on multiplayer and stills destroys everyone on it

sircaw

Banned

"lollipop_disappointed:
I saw the picture of the pug and i closed the thread, that is not a dog, it is a walking accident..

You have lost all credibility with me,

Ridgeback, now that is a proper dog.

Even Dave_at_Home Dave_at_Home looks like a pedigree compared to that thing.

Riky

$MSFT
No way I'd use that pad on COD, I turn everything off rumble, motion blur everything. Elite V2 controller can't be touched for online.

Single player though would be a different story.

M1chl

well thats your opinion op,dualsense on call of duty is amazing,i can feel all the weapons different,also used it on multiplayer and stills destroys everyone on it
It obviously it's just an opinion of myself, I am not say that it's bad.

"lollipop_disappointed:
I saw the picture of the pug and i closed the thread, that is not a dog, it is a walking accident..

You have lost all credibility with me,

Ridgeback, now that is a proper dog.

Even Dave_at_Home Dave_at_Home looks like a pedigree compared to that thing.
Hey don't shit talk pugs, especially not those who was saved from dog shelter! Pugs have amazing personalities and my brother is disabled, needs crutches, so that means small dog (since only gay people are buying cats, while male). Sadly Pugs are more active than it's written on the internet, but he loves him anyway. And I like that dog a lot. So don't push me fillet! :messenger_pouting:

Yoboman

You can change the settings for triggers and vibrations from low to high. They are set to high but obviously some people would prefer the same feedback but less aggressive (eg weak Xbox hands)

Last edited:

M1chl

You can change the settings for triggers and vibrations from low to high. They are set to high but obviously some people would prefer the same feedback but less aggressive
I know that, however I don't find that feeling pleasing, that's all. However I did not say anything negative. It's just not for me, that's all : )

Redlancet

Banned

to be honest ,having grown up with a atari console pad or amiga miriad of old joysticks i havent have any problem with any game pad,ps2,ps1,ps3,gamecube,even the xbox old duke

M1chl

I also played Bugsnax, super cute and funny game!

to be honest ,having grown up with a atari console pad or amiga miriad of old joysticks i havent have any problem with any game pad,ps2,ps1,ps3,gamecube,even the xbox old duke
I hopefully did not wrote it in a way that it would sounds, I had a problem with it, it's just simply not my preference.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

same situation and opinion. tried my brothers and absolutely loved the dualsense on Astros playroom but hated it on shooters. (but not an issue since you can disable it)

I went to my brother's house to play Demon Souls. Swinging a sword and feeling it hit the walls with the dualsense controller had me in awe. It truly feels more than just rumble. I really can't explain how good it felt.

ethomaz

Banned
I have only tested two games (well these are the two games I have for PS5 right now).

Astro Playroom: it definitively gamer changer, the surprises for being the first experience with the new controller is something everybody should have (yes play this game the first time you got the PS5)... it is really a great showed and I can't even imagine this game being played without the Dual Sense features.

Shackboy Adventures: well... it is nice and you note the use of it but it is nowhere the experiece of the Astro Playroom.

About the controller itself... I did not find it different from the Dual Shock 4 in my hands... it feels equal... I did not play a fighting game to make a DPad comparison but everything else feels the same except for the triggers... the biggest chances are in the triggers... the resistible force feedback is something else and I really want to try in others games.

The audio is a step up from PS4... that is something not called in all places but it really makes the game experience way more imersible.

Last edited:

M1chl

I have only tested two games (well these are the two games I have for PS5 right now).

Astro Playroom: it definitively gamer changer, the surprises for being the first experience with the new controller is something everybody should have (yes play this game the first time you got the PS5)... it is really a great showed and I can't even imagine this game being played without the Dual Sense features.

Shackboy Adventures: well... it is nice and you note the use of it but it is nowhere the experiece of the Astro Playroom.

About the controller itself... I did not find it different from the Dual Shock 4 in my hands... it feels equal... I did not play a fighting game to make a DPad comparison but everything else feels the same except for the triggers... the biggest chances are in the triggers... the resistible force feedback is something else and I really want to try in others games.

The audio is a step up from PS4... that is something not called in all places but it really makes the game experience way more imersible.
I believe that Astrobot is probably most next-gen game. I thought it was just some demo, ale but it's really really goood : )

Man i love both controllers. The triggers on the series x and the grip fills sexy, and the dual sense is so comfortable for me.

I have no complaints for either controller.

And for the record both them bitches big and ugly.

sircaw

Banned

Hey don't shit talk pugs, especially not those who was saved from dog shelter! Pugs have amazing personalities and my brother is disabled, needs crutches, so that means small dog (since only gay people are buying cats, while male). Sadly Pugs are more active than it's written on the internet, but he loves him anyway. And I like that dog a lot. So don't push me fillet! :messenger_pouting:

Why could you not of got a boxer, at least it's half a dog and has a personality?

Last year i was having a jog at my local park about 8 in the morning when this black pug just like yours, must of ran about 300 yards from the other side of the park just to come and bark at me. His owner who was rather camp came over and said sorry, i was like no worries. Then the owner picked up the pug and put it on a wooden bench and started to try and take selfies with it.

Pug owners NEED OT DIE.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Well, I am sure I am in hearts of many people here.

Hmm strange, have you own XB controller or Xbox itself? Because that rumble is way stronger than on DS4 for example. But let's just said, that rumble can fucke up your aim, so I understand what are you saing : )

Not an Xbox guy nothing against just never felt a need to multi plat. I own a 360 controller I bought way back for PC games but I don't like the size or the feeling of the face buttons and dpad. Sticks and triggers are real nice though.

I never really noticed it being much stronger with regards to rumble but then again I didn't use it a whole lot and it was a while ago.

M1chl

Why could you not of got a boxer, at least it's half a dog and has a personality?

Last year i was having a jog at my local park about 8 in the morning when this black pug just like yours, must of ran about 300 yards from the other side of the park just to come and bark at me. His owner who was rather camp came over and said sorry, i was like no worries. Then the owner picked up the pug and put it on a wooden bench and started to try and take selfies with it.

Pug owners NEED OT DIE.
STOP PUG GENOCIDE!!!

M1chl

Some mean people in here : D So hopefully mine impression, help you decide what controller is better.

I am not a fan of dogs but pugs are ok. My co-worker sometimes brings his pug to work and when it sees me it comes over sits on the ground next to my chair looking at me which is cool. Most dogs try to jump on me and slobber me but this one just sits there and doesnt make any noise except for this snuffling sound.

M1chl

I am not a fan of dogs but pugs are ok. My co-worker sometimes brings his pug to work and when it sees me it comes over sits on the ground next to my chair looking at me which is cool. Most dogs try to jump on me and slobber me but this one just sits there and doesnt make any noise except for this snuffling sound.
They made the snuffling noise, when they are excited, normally they are quiet : )

I think it's safe to say that the controller of Playstation 5 is the best out of the bunch in almost every way. Would be nice if the controller had a bit more battery power but even as it is now it's acceptable imo.

M1chl

This is a bad post and you should feel bad. Drop the ban hammer.
You want to challenge me, with your puny "neo member" status? Hmmm

I'd rather talk about that cutie pug boy
Pug is named "Filip", brother don't know his origins or anything like that, he is from Pet/Dog shelter. He is amazing and he is very active, it's basically sphere full o muscle. I would not expect from him (dog), but he has insane amount of energy. In my parents house, they also have Beagle and most of the time Beagle get tired before pug does. And Pugs are amazing how they react to everything and they understand what you mean. Great type of dog!

I think it's safe to say that the controller of Playstation 5 is the best out of the bunch in almost every way. Would be nice if the controller had a bit more battery power but even as it is now it's acceptable imo.
I agree, I am not hot on the triggers, but haptics are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G : )

Top Bottom