• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I went to a Cave. Check it out.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Sick cave. Have you ever seen Cave of Forgotten Dreams? It also has a cave. So does Time Trap. I've never been in a cave, but they seem sick.
Have you gone into any caves before, or was this a first?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Sick cave. Have you ever seen Cave of Forgotten Dreams? It also has a cave. So does Time Trap. I've never been in a cave, but they seem sick.
Have you gone into any caves before, or was this a first?

I have toured plenty of caves, and underground locations. I even went to an underground city in Turkey one time. I have been to places like Mammoth, cave and Blanchard Springs Cavern and many others.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I have toured plenty of caves, and underground locations. I even went to an underground city in Turkey one time. I have been to places like Mammoth, cave and Blanchard Springs Cavern and many others.
Do you have any pics of that underground city?

Rran

Caves are creepy and cool, but I especially love how the original post reads like it was written by Ron Swanson.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Corn

213eo8r.png

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Uhhh cave thread? Cave thread!

So how about Lechuguilla eh? They’re still finding new and weird shit in there!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I’d really want to visit mammoth.

The mammoth-flint system has close to 500 miles of known passageways and it isn’t fully explored yet!

Some beautiful formations as well.

BossLackey

Gold Member
I live in Missouri. We got caves for daaaaaaays. 7,300 of them.

I love caves. Though I don't think I'd ever do spelunking in a new cave, I guess it depends on how tight it gets. No way I'm squeezing through some tiny shaft.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Looks cool but it gets to a big nope from me.

As soon as I saw this thread, I knew this video was coming.

I was aware of the story before I watched it, but I only got about half way through the video - the point at which they're talking about starting to slide down and I couldn't even watch.

I've had an opportunity to go caving a few times, but the descriptions from my friends - of being confined while wriggling through, even in well known areas was enough to make me say no - even before I was aware of the story in the video.

Poor guy though, an awful story. I wonder if the rescuers think in hindsight if there was any way to get him out.

Last edited:
Cool, AJump, thanks for sharing.

One of my favorite cave adventures was the cenotes down in Tulum, Mexico. I like swimming and spelunking, and the trip was a combination of both. There was one part where we had to cross about 15 meters where if you wanted to take a breath, you had maybe six inches of clearance and had to turn your head to not get poked by little stalactites. There were also hundreds of bats chilling up in the crevices that were handing out guano taste samples like the nice ladies at Costco.

Gran-Cenote-Tulum-shutterstock_1245486262-768x512.jpg

grand-cenote.png

Top Bottom