• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

You should go through them again, like I've done probably ten times now. There fairly timeless, only occasionally will they discuss a "current" (2009) game.

I'd already forgotten I did that. It's a pretty different tone than Idle Thumbs, in that I am just being straight up interviewed about a video game!
Mild-mannered video game designer by day, Max Ides by night.

You should wear glasses though, to better distinguish your alterego.

Ceebs

I'd already forgotten I did that. It's a pretty different tone than Idle Thumbs, in that I am just being straight up interviewed about a video game!

I always wondered how you made games without actually playing them. Does Telltale provide you a game playing intern that you can just watch play?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Chris working at Double Fine means more potential JP guest spots, which I'm totally ok with.

Only the die-hard will get this, but now that Chris works at Double Fine, he can now ask Tim Schafer if Brutal Legend is going to have a wizard in it.

I listened to Shadow and Colossus: Back in Action today.

El Sloth

Banned
You know, as much as I love Idle Thumbs and memes I hope when the podcast relaunches, as in the next numbered podcast episode, the fellas put a moratorium on the memes for a bit. It's getting harder to recommend the cast to new people when there are inside jokes flying everywhere.

Come at me, memebros.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
You know, as much as I love Idle Thumbs and memes I hope when the podcast relaunches, as in the next numbered podcast episode, the fellas put a moratorium on the memes for a bit. It's getting harder to recommend the cast to new people when there are inside jokes flying everywhere.

Come at me, memebros.

When you recommend Idle Thumbs to someone, you tell them to start at the beginning.

But you're right that meme-mania is a real danger, and I'm sure they're keenly aware of the dangers of over-indulging the meme-fans.

El Sloth

Banned
Which is what I do. But people some are very hesitant because they don't wanna go through all the episodes in the archives and want to hear about current stuff.

Every time someone has listened to me though they're hooked by the 3rd episode.

sixghost

Which is what I do. But people are very hesitant because they don't wanna go through all the episodes in the archives and want to hear about current stuff.
Then you should probably recommend another podcast, lol.

I'd rather them just do whatever they want.

dionysus

Yaldog
Anyone been accepted into the private forum for kickstarter backers? I haven't been, and I am just trying to figure out if I should resubmit.

Vert boil

Anyone been accepted into the private forum for kickstarter backers? I haven't been, and I am just trying to figure out if I should resubmit.

Did you email the address in the kickstarter email?
They said in the email that they would enable access to the secret forum in waves so you might have to wait a few days/week.

I reged about an hour after the email went out and was added immediately.

dionysus

Yaldog
Did you email the address in the kickstarter email?
They said in the email that they would enable access to the secret forum in waves so you might have to wait a few days/week.

I reged about an hour after the email went out and was added immediately.

Yea, I did it the same day the update went out. I'll do it again.

sixghost

Update! But no progress cast.

Greetings, esteemed readers!
Let's be honest here. We know the whole Progresscast thing has been kind of weird. Despite being ostensibly about keeping you folks updated about the process of getting our Kickstarter campaign wrapped up, in reality they haven't really achieved that. They've essentially been Idle Thumbs Lite, which isn't what we intended.
We're going to start sharing a lot more of what we're actually up to on an ongoing basis as we develop the new website, get our office set up, and fulfill the many rewards we'll be sending out to you. It's a lot of work and it's been a lot of fun, and we figure you'll be interested.
That means we're going to have less of the typical Idle Thumbs video game podcast material until the site is back up and running for real. We know that stuff is the reason you pledged in the first place, and we can't wait to get back into it, but we've decided that it'll be less muddled and more consistent if we wait until we have a real web presence and recording space again. We want the podcast to be done right, and we think this is the best way to make that happen.
In the short term, keep a lookout for our first round of backer surveys. Those will allow you to supply us with your name and contact information for reward fulfillment. You'll get them in your email the same way you receive these updates.
Stay tuned! More updates soon! Video games!
Chris, Jake, and Sean

Infinitely patient.

The shear size of the rewards thing is pretty wierd. Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to getting my t-shirt, but I wish they'd just put it all on hold for a while and cast me up.

Shaneus

Infinitely patient.

The shear size of the rewards thing is pretty wierd. Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to getting my t-shirt, but I wish they'd just put it all on hold for a while and cast me up.
Yeah, I'm of that opinion, too. I wonder if it's worth hitting them up for maybe a poll on their KS site to see if people would prefer a slight delay on their day one merch if it meant getting the cast-proper up sooner. I'd be in the affirmative for that, 100%.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
What day did the cast used to release on? I've forgotten. :(

This is because of that one guy here who bitched about the progresscasts being lame, isn't it?

They probably still need to get the smell out of the room first /creepythumbs

I'm all for this. I also think it's a clever ploy to play the Torchlight II beta. I know at least Nick is playing it already....

border

I only heard the ProgressCasts that went into the public feed -- they sounded like they were recorded in a gynmasium or a locker room or something. They might as well stop if that's the level of audio quality future casts are going to achieve. Wait until there's an actual studio.

sixghost

I only heard the ProgressCasts that went into the public feed -- they sounded like they were recorded in a gynmasium or a locker room or something. They might as well stop if that's the level of audio quality future casts are going to achieve. Wait until there's an actual studio.
They'll probably just buy some baffling and it will be fine.

Also that episode was recorded in a locker room.

Ledsen

The private ones didn't sound like that. It was basically "on purpose" since they recorded a couple in their new studio without any furniture in it = echo chamber.

It was just because there was literally nothing in the studio yet--no furniture, no audio baffling, nothing, so the sound was bouncing all over the place. It's already better now--we have the office about halfway furnished and we've put the first round of baffling on the walls. By the time we're done it should sound really good.

In general pretty much every stage of the process has taken longer than we were hoping, and we're not super thrilled about that, so we wanted to take stock and proceed in a more deliberate fashion from this point, rather than just putting out whatever material we could haphazardly. As dumb and goofy as we are, we always took pride in the quality of Idle Thumbs and we just want to make sure that we're maintaining that attitude even as we have a lot more stuff to do.

fallout

xOllV.jpg

I want plenty of baffling in my Idle Thumbs, yes please. Don't worry too much about how long it's taking, it's the fact it's happening that matters.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
As dumb and goofy as we are, we always took pride in the quality of Idle Thumbs and we just want to make sure that we're maintaining that attitude even as we have a lot more stuff to do.

The first podcast I listened to was 7 or 8 where you started with "ok we tried a podcast yesterday and it was garbage so we made a new one". Plus the production quality of those songs...so good!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
ibsA33Olr3OhoX.jpg

How has this not been posted yet?! There has to be print made of this.

Jintor

I haven't been accepted in Phaedrus' lair either, but the survey is being done in tiers so the more money you spent probably the later you're going to get survey'd.

Top Bottom