• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

Shaneus

I haven't been accepted in Phaedrus' lair either, but the survey is being done in tiers so the more money you spent probably the later you're going to get survey'd.
I have... I was a dodeca...hundo...dollar...something kicker as well. Was a while back, too.

Shaneus

We deserve it.

It's SO good.

The email it came in was awesome.

SO awesome.

I'm only two minutes into it. But it's awesome so far.

Shaneus

No ETAs. They still seem to be working on getting the "studio" up to scratch by the sounds of it (though this most recent one sounds a LOT better than the others) but I think they're still a ways off yet. I wouldn't get excited about it coming out in the next month or so, I'd say.

We still don't yet have a date for when the new casts will be back. We're developing our new website and getting our office fully set up, and when those things happen, the casts will return. It sucks that we're not back up and running yet, but it's been a more complicated process than we expected. Hopefully we'll have a better estimate soon.

I haven't been accepted into the Phaedrus' sub forum yet. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I also haven't got a email about my shirt size yet.

If you've applied for the subforum, you've been accepted. There's no confirmation email or anything, just head over to the Idle Forums and when you go into Phaedrus' Secret Hole put in the password from the original Kickstarter update about the forum.

karobit

ibsA33Olr3OhoX.jpg

How has this not been posted yet?! There has to be print made of this.

What is the box supposed to be? Because in my head I'm picturing the mood organ from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Deckard's wife just dialed up "self-satisfied" or something.

Sloane

Banned
Has this been posted yet? Sounds like Steve's version of Warren Spector's one block game that's still waiting to happen. Not much info so far but this could turn out pretty awesome.

Jintor

Excellent cast. Contains spoilers for Walking Dead.

I like the ones they push to RSS because I can do garden work while listening!

Shaneus

Yeah, I got about half-way through it and it kept on getting more in-depth, to the point where I think some basic plot points were spoiled before Scoops called that a major spoiler was coming up.

I paused it there, at 36:03.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
amazing podcast, easily the best in awhile.

cheers, guys.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I would say the Walking Dead discussion goes until roughly 10 min before the end. Dont' have timestamps, sorry.
The spoilers are very specific, though. I can't time stamp now, though.

randomwab

I bottled out in the end and went for a $50 donation. But I regret it. I want those prints. Going to have to drop them a Kickstarter message at the end of the month/payday and ask if I can up it to $200.

Rufus

The spoilers are very specific, though. I can't time stamp now, though.
There's a clear point in the conversation where Sean basically tells you to stop the podcast if you don't want to be spoiled. Don't think they mention anything critical before that point, though I could be mistaken.

Vert boil

Idle Thumbs Kickstarter Progresscast The Twelfth One

14.30 - start talking about telltale.
20.40 - start talking about early plot points
Not hyper but potential spoilers for some. Talk about evolution through dev process.
29:10 - Race talk begins. Ends when the DF talk starts.
33.40 - talk through the beginning of the game
35.55 - spoiler warning given
41.00 - gets safe (podcast Gaynor is talking about - http://buriedinthecredits.com/2012/...ht-company-no-one-lives-forever-deal-with-it/)
50.50 - Character from WD is mentioned but no plot mentioned
53-60 - Double Fine talk.
60-end - kickstarter update

Odrion

Banned
Hey! Heard that the Walking Dead game sold a million copies, that's awesome!

Grats Jake & Sean, fuck you Jake and Sean.

Shaneus

Not just Jake and Sean. I'm personally offended as well that such a meme has been used incorrectly. That's like running in here and screaming "PIGEONS!".

Lijik

Not just Jake and Sean. I'm personally offended as well that such a meme has been used incorrectly. That's like running in here and screaming "PIGEONS!".

Wawoo

Jeff Gerstt thirst first burst man

I dont know what the far cry 2 equivalent would be. Red Steel 2?

Shaneus

Definitely doppelgangers. Didn't they mention they had doppelgangers in Korea or something? I think Sean was Leonardo DiCaprio or something...

Shaneus

Yeah, I don't think "Fuck You Nick" was ever popular. Regardless of the origins of the meme, whatever's repeated, by definition, is the meme.

Top Bottom