• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm happy to pay the international shipping in full, if you'd like, guys. Is that possible?

Odrion

Banned
That thread as very few instances of either phrasing. What was repeated on the podcast, a lot, was "Congratulations, Nick! Fuck Nick."

You're almost making me doubt myself, but I stand firm for now.
It's used in any Idle Thumbs forum thread that's relevant to use the meme. Go ahead! Search for yourself. Here's another example! Or you can stand firm that "Fuck you, X" isn't a meme while the Idle Thumbs community uses it as one.

edit: checkmate :V

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It's used in any Idle Thumbs forum thread that's relevant to use the meme. Go ahead! Search for yourself. Here's another example! Or you can stand firm that "Fuck you, X" isn't a meme while the Idle Thumbs community uses it as one.

edit: checkmate :V

Your "another example" is the same thread you already linked.

And one GAF mod said it. So I guess that proves it.

I searched the Idle Thumbs forums for "fuck nick" and found 39 threads containing it.

I stand firm that the meme as transmitted through the podcast is "congrats X, fuck X."

Odrion

Banned
Yeah. Pasted the same link as before. Whoops! It was this thread.

And people use "fuck x" a lot, no one is trying to disprove that. I'm saying that "Fuck you, x" is a thing while you claimed no one has ever used it before.

And one GAF mod said it. So I guess that proves it.
Yes it does, didn't you read the FAQ before registering?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yeah. Pasted the same link as before. Whoops! It was this thread.

And people use "fuck x" a lot, no one is trying to disprove that. I'm saying that "Fuck you, x" is a thing while you claimed no one has ever used it before.

Yes it does, didn't you read the FAQ before registering?

I claimed I hadn't heard it before, which doesn't mean no one has ever said it.
I also claimed the more popular usage is "fuck x," and so that is the one that should be on the giant bomb page.

I cannot believe that I expended energy on this.

Fuck me.

Odrion

Banned
"Fuck Nick" IS in the Giantbomb page.

But both phrases are included in the article because they're both correct ways of using the meme.

I'm glad I spent energy posting this. It was fun.

Gomu Gomu

Idle Thumbs Kickstarter Progresscast The Twelfth One

14.30 - start talking about telltale.
20.40 - start talking about early plot points
Not hyper but potential spoilers for some. Talk about evolution through dev process.
29:10 - Race talk begins. Ends when the DF talk starts.
33.40 - talk through the beginning of the game
35.55 - spoiler warning given
41.00 - gets safe (podcast Gaynor is talking about - http://buriedinthecredits.com/2012/...ht-company-no-one-lives-forever-deal-with-it/)
50.50 - Character from WD is mentioned but no plot mentioned
53-60 - Double Fine talk.
60-end - kickstarter update

Episode was fantastic. I'm not getting the negativity from last page towards these progresscasts.

Odrion

Banned
It was pretty awesome in that they all made some incredible things and got to talk about it with each other.

And remember that back in 2008 Steve was a level designer for a Bioshock cash-in and Jake was just some UI designer. And Famous wasn't even born yet! And now Jake and Sean designed the most critically and commercially successful game in their company and Steve got to work with one of the most prestigious game studios in America.

Shaneus

I claimed I hadn't heard it before, which doesn't mean no one has ever said it.
I also claimed the more popular usage is "fuck x," and so that is the one that should be on the giant bomb page.

I cannot believe that I expended energy on this.

Fuck me.
Fuck you, me.

Also, I'm tempted to buy Walking Dead now (and not wait for a sale) just so I can hear the episode in it's entirety. Something's wrong with me.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck me I wish I would have had the foresight to understand how jealous I'd be of the higher tier backers when I chipped in. That shitty wizard idea is soooooo cool and creative.

What if we showed the life of a lonely, shitty wizard, who in the process of going through his mundane day has a brief, genuine brush with true epic wizardom?

Ugh, fuck. That is sooooooooooo awesome. They better a get a store up quick.

Any chance you can just print an extra one for me and I'll just Paypal you money or something personally?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but not anymore.
That wizard is spellbinding. I'm just staring into his eyes.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it was Cloud Atlas that was mentioned on this week's cast, right?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
"Congrats, Nick!" "Fuck Nick!" - Nick Breckon, Idle Thumbs circa episode 48-50

Thank you, dearest Jake.

BTW, the wife and I are really enjoying The Walking Dead. My wife wants to express her particular admiration for how well you guys crafted Clementine's expressions and mannerisms to capture the things about children that manipulate adults into loving them.

I like the part where you hit a zombie face with a hammer.

Shaneus

Why didn't you guys tell me I just had to watch the trailer for it? Bought.

Anyway, back to your regular programming, I guess...

Ceebs

They just did get their office space setup for casting pods 2-3 casts ago. Pretty sure they are busy working on backer items and shipping a video game.

S0N0S

Have any of the Thumbs tried DayZ? Would love to see a future progresscast featuring tales of your exploitations. Of course I would also expect an extended discussion on emergent gameplay, effective use of persistence, and maybe even authored narrative vs emergent narrative.

They just did get their office space setup for casting pods 2-3 casts ago. Pretty sure they are busy working on backer items and shipping a video game.

The main delay is actually with building the new site. Our goal is to launch the first new real episode as we launch the new website, it's just taking longer than we originally had planned unfortunately. We're working on it!

Laxan

Neo Member
MEANWHILE at Idle Thumbs HQ...

BnzpH.gif

Odrion

Banned
I'm kinda disappointed that Blizzard didn't go full on wizard with the wizard. Why is he twenty years old? Where's the beard?

Top Bottom